RIP Pearl | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Pearl

I'm not quite sure why the ESPN article was so offensive to you. Maybe you are referring to more than that one article? Were on the air people disrespectful?

They originally included a photo of a Nets player who was most definitely not Pearl.

OrangeXtreme said:

Wonder who mason Bruce is? What a clown comment to Trevor's post.

So many memories of the Pearl. The mere mention of his name brings up memories of our rivalry with Gtown, which for me will always be our most hated rival...by far.

Phantom likes to everybody who posted in this thread, I am on vacation so can't take the time to hit the like key that many times.

The only thing I can add, is in the days before the internet, is how excited i was when I received my copy of Eastern Basketball and first learned of the Pearl's commitment to the Cuse.

What a glorious day that was. He will never be forgotten for as long as a roundball bounces in Syracuse.

Eastern Basketball... what a great publication that was.

I will always remember him driving the lane, and despite having ewing in front of him , still making the bucket.
]and of course being mentiond in Curtis Blow's "Basketball"
R.I.P Pearl

http://www.slamonline.com/other-bal...gend-of-pearl-washington/#0fX3j8eWJUB5oVqx.97

Love this article about Pearl, specifically this paragraph

“Pearl showed up to King Towers on a motorcycle with a fly-ass girl on the back,” recalled Arnold “A Train” Bernard, who was inspired as a kid by Washington. “He drove right to half court, parked it, dropped 55 points, then left. That’s some real legend . I wanted to be just like him!” [Bernard went on win the ’87 city and state chip and play for the Globetrotters.]
Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/other-ballers/streetball/the-legend-of-pearl-washington/

I just love that anecdote above, always makes me smile.

RIP Pearl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom