Roberson - What happens now? | Syracusefan.com

Roberson - What happens now?

seeing that nothing has been said by anyone, i would imagine there is still a chance.

plus, i got the notion that the deadline was a make believe deadline by syracuse. there have to be ways around add/drop day.

Why can't he just enroll in January? Let him work out like crazy till then. Even having him for most of the ACC season and tournament would be nice boost. Imagine he had an injury that he was rehabbing from -- all of us would eagerly await his addition, whenever he was ready. He's not going to stay four years anyway, so losing him for the mostly cupcake early games isn't a big loss. If he goes to prep, I agree with others that our chances to successfully re-recruit him go down.

From the ESPN insider piece moments ago :(

One area that the Orange could be lacking is depth on the perimeter. The team is still hopeful that versatile and athletic 6-7 freshman Tyler Roberson will be cleared by the NCAA to play this season, but there’s a sense that he might just be able to practice with the team and won’t be able to suit up for games.

Why can't he just enroll in January? Let him work out like crazy till then. Even having him for most of the ACC season and tournament would be nice boost. Imagine he had an injury that he was rehabbing from -- all of us would eagerly await his addition, whenever he was ready. He's not going to stay four years anyway, so losing him for the mostly cupcake early games isn't a big loss. If he goes to prep, I agree with others that our chances to successfully re-recruit him go down.

January would be fine provided he is cleared as a full qualifier. Based upon the above info from ESPN, that would indicate he becomes a partial qualifier where he can get aid and practice, but not compete for the entire 13-14 season.

Based upon the above info from ESPN, that would indicate he becomes a partial qualifier where he can get aid and practice, but not compete for the entire 13-14 season.
Based on how Louisville, and others, have been berated here for that practice, I was under the impression that neither Syracuse nor other ACC schools did that.

Why does everyone assume that he can win playing time if he doesn't get to participate in the OOC season in order to win some playing time. I understand that he is a very good player, however he is a frosh, coming late to the game who will be competing with a probably all ACC first team candidate in CJ and a rising Grant along with whatever minutes BJ, Grant and RAK may deserve or win at the forward position. It's not as though the cupboard is bare.

From the ESPN insider piece moments ago :(

One area that the Orange could be lacking is depth on the perimeter. The team is still hopeful that versatile and athletic 6-7 freshman Tyler Roberson will be cleared by the NCAA to play this season, but there’s a sense that he might just be able to practice with the team and won’t be able to suit up for games.

As long as we don't lose him entirely. Realistically, Fair and Grant are playing 35+ mpg in games that matter. They aren't coming out much.

It hurts the depth a bit, and it sucks for Roberson. But it's next year where we'll need him, with Fair gone and Grant already a strong NBA prospect.

This hurts no matter how you slice it. We might still have a run in us, but this guy (if he started in the fall) would have been an important contributor down the stretch. So well-rounded, and could play either forward position, both defensively and offensively skilled.

I am pissed. I can't imagine how depressed and hurt Tyler feels right now.
F NCAA. Please, I ask again, how can all three Kentucky kids that aren't academically illegible somehow slip onto their roster?

For all of you have wear UK blue goggles, take them off, because this is a travesty and favoritism at it's worst.

I think it will be a bigger blow if he is inelgible for Jan then it would be not playing this Nov.

This kid had 52 points a few weeks back. The last kid we had to do that Gmac, came in strongly from day 1. I imagine freshmen CJ inside mixed with sophmore KJo from the perimeter. My only question is his ability to pull up in the lane driving from the perimeter.

Yeah he would be coming in at a pretty tough time.

UNC at home being his first game and at home(imagine a bigger stage then that!!)
At boston College Jan 13th (my birthday),
Pitt (thank God its at home),
At Miami, At Wake Forest,(easier games but away ones),
Then Duke and ND at home.

UNC at home being his first game and at home(imagine a bigger stage then that!!)
Happy (very early) birthday if I forget!
:)

Happy 1K likes too!
Thanks for believing all this while. Need more people like you in this world.

tee - Copy (5).jpg

I get that everyone is anxious, but man I wish we were a more optimistic fanbase. Way to many of us expect the worst all the time! Even when things are going well!!!

A couple of you should just take a timeout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they forgot to take their medication the past few days.

A couple of you should just take a timeout.

One of them is me. Just frustrated with the whole process I guess. Either way, still have a ton of hope for this team.

lead by example

Don't remember calling the NCAA every name in the book and conjuring up conspiracies. But whatever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom