Robert Braswell | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell

Interesting idea..

I saw Big Bad Bobby Braswell on a SportsCenter Top 10 a month or two ago.
I saw it too. He drove from the right corner and threw down a left-handed dunk.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but wasn't a big part of him transferring out to be close to home? Can't see how he'd want to come back north

He averaged under 20 minutes per game last year at Charlotte and only started 10 times -- he was a Junior. He probably would have gotten just as many minutes at Cuse. He came on strong late in his last season at Cuse. I think a lot of P5 non-starters transfer to lower-tier programs thinking they'll be the star, but end up a role player there too. Lots of the guys who transferred out last year didn't necessarily fare much better.

He averaged under 20 minutes per game last year at Charlotte and only started 10 times -- he was a Junior. He probably would have gotten just as many minutes at Cuse. He came on strong late in his last season at Cuse. I think a lot of P5 non-starters transfer to lower-tier programs thinking they'll be the star, but end up a role player there too. Lots of the guys who transferred out last year didn't necessarily fare much better.
With Jimmy Jr here he wasn't getting more than 3-5

I take a different point of view. On the plus side, he would be familiar with the zone. That is not insignificant, especially for a one year rent-a-grad student.

As for everything else though...he will always have the metaphorical sword hanging over his legs. He dropped down a level in competition but still only started 10 games, averaged 8 points and a paltry 1.4 boards per game.

He would be a warm body that would give us some depth at forward but truthfully, if we decide to add to the frontcourt there will be better options in the portal.

next year i hope we start 5 frosh. flush this season out of my eyes.

Last edited:
Could Braswell be eligible as a graduate transfer? He did redshirt at SU. I’d take him back in a heartbeat to give us some experience at forward.

Yeah, he's exactly what we need.

That is a way over the top troll even for you.
yes that was a little harsh. of course benny can start since he is essentially still a frosh minute wise..

yes that was a little harsh. of course benny can start since he is essentially still a frosh minute wise..
When you average 11 MPG, the next year you're not a freshman anymore.

The 18 year old doing play by play from his parents' garage seemed pretty excited.
hqdefault.jpg

Has he really given his all to Charlotte Basketball when he gave some to SU Basketball? It is interesting that both he and Woody Newton didn't do much, even after transferring to lower level schools

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom