Rot in hell UNC | Syracusefan.com

Rot in hell UNC

The tears when they don't have their name called... looking forward to it.

Also after time now in the ACC- I find it far easier to hate them vs hating Duke. Duke we want to beat... UNC.. carries more of a Hoya like vitriol for me.
No question about it.
It's a good day to gloat not withstanding our own situation: UNC unlikely to make the tournament and G-town fires that big goof coach whose name I won't even mention.

Ugh, I hope so. He's got some really elite talent coming in the next two years though. Simeon Wilcher, Ian Jackson, Elliot Cadeau...All guys we were after at one point.

If he gets ahold of how to coach the college game.. it's lights out. I thought with their post season run he had done so but this year he has seemed lacking in answers. Manek was such a huge part of that team and without that weapon he has poorly adjusted.

On the flip side- Scheyer has locked in. Hoping Red is more like JS in that regard and a hunch tells he will. Duke had injuries etc but it was also them figuring things out. Now that he has- I think Duke is officially more like Duke now and playing top 10 basketball.

S*** coaching, internal hire
Ahh the old knee jerk reaction. It was year 2 in his tenure. As you know year 1 resulted in the unexpected FF run in the Tourney. I would be surprised if he doesnt make it back to the FF over the next few years as he turns over the roster. They have some really good recruits coming in.

Ahh the old knee jerk reaction. It was year 2 in his tenure. As you know year 1 resulted in the unexpected FF run in the Tourney. I would be surprised if he doesnt make it back to the FF over the next few years as he turns over the roster. They have some really good recruits coming in.

You are aware that they were the number one ranked team at the beginning of the season, right?

And that they were supposed to be poised to build upon last year's final four run, right?

And you're also aware that they probably will not even qualify for the NCAA tournament, right?

What other explanation is there for their massive underachievement, beyond horrible coaching? It isn't a knee-jerk reaction at all.

And they do have a phenomenal recruiting class coming in. Maybe it will be enough to overcome Davis's lousy coaching acumen, as you claim.

Last edited:
Brings a tear to my eye.......not.

Watch the NCAA crooks screw OKSt and let these bums in.

You are aware that they were the number one ranked team at the beginning of the season, right?

And that they were supposed to be poised to build upon last year's final four run, right?

What other explanation is there for their massive underachievement, beyond horrible coaching? It is in a knee-jerk reaction at all.

And they do have a phenomenal recruiting class coming in. Maybe it will be enough to overcome Davis's lousy coaching acumen, as you claim.
The absolutely meaningless preseason # 1 rating, maybe had something to do with the completely unexpected run to the FF last season, right?

The only building you can do off last year's FF run is win the whole thing? Not sure how many UNC fans thought that was happening after the FF run last year came out of nowhere.

He has to be a terrible coach. Thats the only explanation. Couldn't be recruits not living up to their ratings, players not fitting in the systems he wants to run, etc.

2 years into his tenure with 1 FF appearance and you already know he is a lousy coach. Got it.

The absolutely meaningless preseason # 1 rating, maybe had something to do with the completely unexpected run to the FF last season, right?

The only building you can do off last year's FF run is win the whole thing? Not sure how many UNC fans thought that was happening after the FF run last year came out of nowhere.

He has to be a terrible coach. Thats the only explanation. Couldn't be recruits not living up to their ratings, players not fitting in the systems he wants to run, etc.

2 years into his tenure with 1 FF appearance and you already know he is a lousy coach. Got it.

UNC returned the same core nucleus this season! The barometer isn't winning the national championship, but to not even qualify for the NCAA tournament?

What other reason could there possibly be?

He's been the coach two years, and they've massively underachieved in BOTH regular seasons. The stink of last year's performance was offset by the improbable run to the final four. But with the same core nucleus [minus one player], they beat a LOT of very good teams last year.

So why did they suck this year? Because a recruit didn't live up to their rating? Good grief...

If he gets ahold of how to coach the college game.. it's lights out. I thought with their post season run he had done so but this year he has seemed lacking in answers. Manek was such a huge part of that team and without that weapon he has poorly adjusted.

On the flip side- Scheyer has locked in. Hoping Red is more like JS in that regard and a hunch tells he will. Duke had injuries etc but it was also them figuring things out. Now that he has- I think Duke is officially more like Duke now and playing top 10 basketball.
As always experts under value the losses of guys who aren't stars. Manek was the best basketball player on that team last year. Hard to replace what he added to that roster, especially when Leaky Black gets a lot of minutes and is basically useless.

I don’t care enough about UNC to know why they suck. I just know that we were better than them when we played and that’s enough to know that they do indeed suck. That said, it very well probably is that they have bad coaching but that doesn’t have any bearing on whether Red will be a good coach or not as some people are trying to infer.

UNC returned the same core nucleus this season! The barometer isn't winning the national championship, but to not even qualify for the NCAA tournament?

What other reason could there possibly be?

He's been the coach two years, and they've massively underachieved in BOTH regular seasons. The stink of last year's performance was offset by the improbable run to the final four. But with the same core nucleus [minus one player], they beat a LOT of very good teams last year.

So why did they suck this year? Because a recruit didn't live up to their rating? Good grief...

Yep, that's exactly what I said, they sucked only because recruits didn't live up to their hype. Didn't mention payers potentially not fitting his systems. Doubt they could have used Manek's 3 point shooting this season.

Keep cherry picking though. Fire him now.

Title's a bit off, but I agree with the sentiment ...

BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY UNC

(and there are others you could take with you)

Yep, that's exactly what I said, they sucked only because recruits didn't live up to their hype. Didn't mention payers potentially not fitting his systems. Doubt they could have used Manek's 3 point shooting this season.

Keep cherry picking though. Fire him now.

Sure they could have.

But if Hubert Davis requires Brady Manek to get to the NCAA tournament, with all of the other players who got him to the national championship game last year back on the roster, then he's an even worse coach than I originally suggested.

Regardless, back to the original point -- it's fun watching UNC perish in flames. Defending that two year track record of subpar coaching is an odd hill to die on. You're rationalizing far more than I'm allegedly cherry picking.

Last edited:
The tears when they don't have their name called... looking forward to it.

Also after time now in the ACC- I find it far easier to hate them vs hating Duke. Duke we want to beat... UNC.. carries more of a Hoya like vitriol for me.

Honestly, last year’s Final Four was like a perfect Hollywood ending to me. Duke losing to UNC in the Final Four to end his career on that inglorious note was awesome. Then UNC blowing the largest lead ever in a championship game? Fantastic.

Most of my hatred of Duke was due to Coach K being a despicable human being. My dislike of UNC is due to them being a basketball factory masquerading as a legitimate university with the full blessing of the NCAA. One is over now; the other is eternal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom