Rumor mill | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor mill

I would guess they would reach out to Carrier to give them first right of refusal on naming going forward. Then rake them over the coals for $$$ for what we have not made over the past 10-15 years.

EDIT: Then get them to throw in a few giant air conditioners for the project.

10-15?

Carrier had the best naming rights deal in the history of everything.

and did nothing as she can't work with anyone ---that is really savvy--syracuse got NOTHING.---did kato get anything to help\:bat:
I think you just totally mis-comprehended what Capt. Tuttle said.

10-15?

Probably because it was one of the first (maybe the first), and no one really knew how the naming-rights game was going to play out.

Carrier did not do a "naming rights deal", they provided a gift and the facility was named after them. Just like when someone donates a lot of money and gets their family name on a library, or Chem lab, or basketball practice court.

This fact has been posted in practically every single thread about the name of the Dome, maybe it needs to be stickied at the top? Because it's kinda important.

And AFAIK the first true naming rights deal was Schaefer Stadium in 1971. But I may have missed one prior to that.

To go off what TexanMark said...I was told today that when the original stadium was built the campus was drivable and parking was plenty. The University is talking about adding 3 schools with one looking like the Med Center,the other two? They would also add parking capacity. They the sports teams has to Rent the stadium from the Dome's operating budget. Throw in the fact when high school teams use the Dome it also costs the University money plus other events that schedule in.Probably lot's of employees will lose their jobs which is also a big savings.

The University feels that if they can rent the stadium just for their sports functions from a different authority they would save more money in the end. There was a push from the Local builders exchange for the Fairgrounds to be used.

As for what is rumored now my very high up source does not know of any bids for work or that a contractor has been preferred,but the way chancellor operates,who knows.Tax breaks has played a huge roll to which way this is going and where it could go.

In the end no one really has a tight grip on which way this go other than Sveruyd and the Gov.

I think there will be lots of public money because the University just might have the largest impact financially in this community over any one else which is a very good thing.

Things will happen and they will have a very positive impact for football

Moving to an authority would be odd after Pete Sala was promoted to a VP of SU. It's hard to imagine anyone being better suited to run the Dome.

Also, would SU paying rent mean that it would cut back on events held there (practices for teams, WBB home games, etc)?

Any chance the renovated Dome is sold off and operated by another authority? Camden Yards is owned by the Maryland Stadium Authority. It would obviously stay where it is, but like you say will only be rented out for their functions.

As I type this I realize how stupid it sounds, but hey..

Carrier did not do a "naming rights deal", they provided a gift and the facility was named after them. Just like when someone donates a lot of money and gets their family name on a library, or Chem lab, or basketball practice court.

This fact has been posted in practically every single thread about the name of the Dome, maybe it needs to be stickied at the top? Because it's kinda important.

And AFAIK the first true naming rights deal was Schaefer Stadium in 1971. But I may have missed one prior to that.

You can call it what you want... but it gave Carrier the name for eternity. That is a "naming rights deal" to me.

http://dailyorange.com/2006/12/name...the-dome-as-others-find-more-lucrative-deals/

Should the Cliff Ensley Athletic Center keep his name for eternity?

Or should SU disrespect Mr Ensley (and any other potential naming gift donor) by putting the naming rights up for bids a few years from now.

I was only two when the dome was built but I can't image what people said about them adding a dome onto a football stadium back then. Look at it know when people think su they think of the dome. Soon people will associate su as having the only on campus retractable roof and that is worth every penny of the cost.
As someone who sat outside in Archbold we were pretty excited about a domed stadium.

10-15?

Just saying 10-15 since naming right have become huge in about that time frame. Wasn't that big a deal before then...Remember Texas Stadium...wasn't named until the new building was built and was very rarely done before that in college.

Well, we're roughly 45 degrees N latitude. So I would guess that a city located at 45 degrees S gets some snow too.
You would not be correct, snowfall has more to it than just latitude, I looked up their snowfall and they get little in both occurrence and volume.

and how many years has been?????she has lost more than has been contributed---by FAR.

I've worked downtown for five years. There's been lots of development downtown in the areas of service, banking, and technology. Downtown apartments are popping up all over recently. I'm not sure if Miner has anythig to do with it, but things at least downtown are taking are taking a turn up. I know minorities are struggling, but if you are an educated person in this city you can be successful. I'm not sticking up for Miner, I just think the city is getting better, then again I am very satisfied where I work downtown.

I bet building availability is factored into the decision.
Does potential final four site factor in at all? I know Syracuse needs a lot to justify it but a big new fancy stadium would go a long way...

Does potential final four site factor in at all? I know Syracuse needs a lot to justify it but a big new fancy stadium would go a long way...
along with the new hotels that we have. A new stadium would provide the press area and technology needed...be incredible if it were to happen.

To go off what TexanMark said...I was told today that when the original stadium was built the campus was drivable and parking was plenty. The University is talking about adding 3 schools with one looking like the Med Center,the other two? They would also add parking capacity. They the sports teams has to Rent the stadium from the Dome's operating budget. Throw in the fact when high school teams use the Dome it also costs the University money plus other events that schedule in.Probably lot's of employees will lose their jobs which is also a big savings.

The University feels that if they can rent the stadium just for their sports functions from a different authority they would save more money in the end. There was a push from the Local builders exchange for the Fairgrounds to be used.

As for what is rumored now my very high up source does not know of any bids for work or that a contractor has been preferred,but the way chancellor operates,who knows.Tax breaks has played a huge roll to which way this is going and where it could go.

In the end no one really has a tight grip on which way this go other than Sveruyd and the Gov.

I think there will be lots of public money because the University just might have the largest impact financially in this community over any one else which is a very good thing.

Things will happen and they will have a very positive impact for football

Part of this maybe? https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/go...tion-initiative-and-round-v-regional-economic

JOC44 said:
I don't have any info on this at all, but I think you'd want a major tear down so it's not the same building and therefore not subject to the oppressive naming rights deal we have with Carrier.

Are you sure we didn't give Carrier rights to the land?

I think they also own Sadler and Lawrinson.

Should the Cliff Ensley Athletic Center keep his name for eternity?

Or should SU disrespect Mr Ensley (and any other potential naming gift donor) by putting the naming rights up for bids a few years from now.
Well, despite what Mitt Romney (and the Supreme Court) think, individual humans and corporate entities are different.

Well, despite what Mitt Romney (and the Supreme Court) think, individual humans and corporate entities are different.
Well..... china might be the only country that could send home corporations in a body bag.....now it's time to get back to the stadium deal