Rumor mill | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor mill

I was under the impression that renovations were a done deal... Maybe it hasn't been announced publicly, but, I was positive that I had heard that. Definitely don't remember where from, so maybe I'm way off base.

I'm thinking they go the Tropicana Field Route down in Florida where the Rays play.

trop-4_3.jpg

It's not a rumor and just maybe all you negative guys should get on board and support the university cause they know what they are doing. Did we need a dome in 1980, no but look what that has done for the university. You are going to see a flat roof that retracts a new concourse with shops around the perimeter. Also your going to see state of the art led lighting. I don't really care if you guys think it's a rumor cause it's not. Go big or go home should always be university's motto

So I was just wondering... are you sticking by your proclamation and timeline for announcement? Lots of different opinions voiced but your "information" sounded the most definitive and caused the thread to go viral, so to speak. Not trying to put you on the spot, but I also don't want to get too excited and have that balloon pop if the only real "news" is that SU is still in the conceptual phase mulling their options.

Got a pretty solid update on the dome future : Hard top. NOT retractable. Will not disrupt any games of any sports because of the build style / process.

Dome extended into Archbold for concession space. A/C added.

No idea on an announcement timeline.

Got a pretty solid update on the dome future : Hard top. NOT retractable. Will not disrupt any games of any sports because of the build style / process.

Interesting... Anything regarding concourses?

Ba da bing

CUSU said:
Nope. My assumption would be some of the current concession space would be moved to Archbold and that space used to ease foot traffic.

Any chance that Carrier throws us a bone and sells us the AC at cost? :D

Seats?

Nope. My assumption would be some of the current concession space would be moved to Archbold and that space used to ease foot traffic.
Any way of knowing if the EFTE fabric will have adjustable "slots" to allow in fresh air? There is an example of an EFTE stadium (in Europe I believe) that has this design feature. Not retractable in the conventional sense but still provides the feel of outdoors.

So I was just wondering... are you sticking by your proclamation and timeline for announcement? Lots of different opinions voiced but your "information" sounded the most definitive and caused the thread to go viral, so to speak. Not trying to put you on the spot, but I also don't want to get too excited and have that balloon pop if the only real "news" is that SU is still in the conceptual phase mulling their options.
I have no problem replying to this. I have a friend that has seen the plans for a renovation to the dome. Now to be fair my friend isn't very smart. I was told the roof was retractable obviously he was wrong. I was also told the it was either going into the law building or tearing it down obviously the law building was actually archibald. so do I have a few points wrong, yes but hey the wrong info I was fed entertained everyone.

Last edited:
Any chance that Carrier throws us a bone and sells us the AC at cost? :D
A/c , elevators, escalators, fire and security, building automation, access control. Same company now. It's all being discussed.

I have no problem replying to this. I have a friend that has seen the plans for a renovation to the dome. Now to be fair my friend isn't very smart. I was told the roof was retractable obviously he was wrong. I was also told the it was either going into the law building or tearing it down obviously the law building was actually archibald. so do I have a few points wrong, yes but hey the wrong info I was fed entertained everyone.

Your fine. The fun with these type of rumors is figuring out exactly where the true facts begin and end.

Your fine. The fun with these type of rumors is figuring out exactly where the true facts begin and end.
I agree it's fun to talk about the future of the dome. It got the discussion going

Jake said:
Got a pretty solid update on the dome future : Hard top. NOT retractable. Will not disrupt any games of any sports because of the build style / process. Dome extended into Archbold for concession space. A/C added. No idea on an announcement timeline.

Please for god sake can we get rid of the bright aluminum bench seats.

I'd defer to people who know more, but if new structure supports are built outside the current Dome footprint, does that address wider concourses? Is there a way to create more openings between the two supports?

Did you ask "them" what type of hard top? EFTE or what? Individual seats or bleachers (nooooooooo!)? Thx

I'd defer to people who know more, but if new structure supports are built outside the current Dome footprint, does that address wider concourses? Is there a way to create more openings between the two supports?

If the concrete walls don't really support anything, why can't they cut some giant holes in them at concourse level to let air in as well as add inside/outside concessions. With a hard roof, no longer need to keep pressure inside.