Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

I hope he stays cause he is a game changer. No way does he stay a 3 *. Monroe needs to stay on him. Could be a 4 year starter here if he stays.

We have a lot of young talent at db. I pray he stays. High level competition in spring/summer practice makes top 25 teams

Lol that will never happen with Florida kids unless Miami, FSU, and UF all cease to exist...
Give us a little more time and some wins over them and I think that will change.

If he comes to Syracuse he will play. If he goes to Miami he might play but not for 2 or more years. Im positive that at the top schools there are kids with nfl talent that get passed by because the comp is so tough. If im him im SU all the way.

Lol that will never happen with Florida kids unless Miami, FSU, and UF all cease to exist...
If i recall didn’t we beat out the U and FSU both for Nadarius Fagen, under similar circumstances? The U forums especially were touting HCDB and how he’d come to their backyard and poached a kid they clearly wanted.
We’ve lost more than we’ve won in these battles, but keeping this kid wouldn’t be a first, no?

Recruiters, family, and friends will use a few things against Syracuse when getting in a kid's ear:

1) It's so far away from home
2) Family won't be able to see you play as much
3) It's cold and it snows in the winter! (The ringer)

I say:

1) You get a chance to live in a different part of the country
2) Get out on your own and tell your family stories about your life experiences
3) You'll never get a chance to be around snow like this anywhere else in your life

If i recall didn’t we beat out the U and FSU both for Nadarius Fagen, under similar circumstances? The U forums especially were touting HCDB and how he’d come to their backyard and poached a kid they clearly wanted.
We’ve lost more than we’ve won in these battles, but keeping this kid wouldn’t be a first, no?
Neither of those schools offered him. He unofficially visited the U and they didn't really pursue.

Neither of those schools offered him. He unofficially visited the U and they didn't really pursue.
Could’ve sworn there was a link to some UM forums that showed some of their fans as very surprised that Fagan had stuck w/ us, even though they had wanted him. Assumed this had extended to their staff as well. I stand corrected.

I think LSU was a bigger threat with fagan, I cant remember though.

Could’ve sworn there was a link to some UM forums that showed some of their fans as very surprised that Fagan had stuck w/ us, even though they had wanted him. Assumed this had extended to their staff as well. I stand corrected.
I think they wanted Miami to offer and were impressed we were able to get him out of their backyard over LSU and others. But he went to Southridge. If UM wanted him he'd be there.

Jaquwan Nelson flipped from UM to ‘Cuse though, IIRC. Granted it didn’t work out very well for us. Regardless, that was a good get.

Last edited:
We just need global warming to keep getting better and we'll get all recruits of America

Jaquwan Nelson flipped from UM to ‘Cuse though, IIRC. Granted it didn’t work out very well for us. Regardless, that was a good get.
But he flipped because Miami wasn't keeping in touch and was pushing him out.

I say:

1) You get a chance to live in a different part of the country
2) Get out on your own and tell your family stories about your life experiences
3) You'll never get a chance to be around snow like this anywhere else in your life

Well, in Miami, he'd be around snow, just a different type of snow...

So... did we weather the initial storm here?
Depends what you mean by weather the storm... The main question is would you rather him decommit now or decommit on signing day?

Depends what you mean by weather the storm... The main question is would you rather him decommit now or decommit on signing day?

Yikes, sounds like he's a goner one way or another. This staff has done a good job closing with higher end guys the last few years so I won't panic but assuming Nunn does decomitt (which seems inevitable now) this class is really underwhelming at this point.

This is dumb. Cuse will take a delay in a decommitment any day. gives them time to keep working on him and other programs fill up