Sadly I feel like Rick Pitino | Syracusefan.com

Sadly I feel like Rick Pitino

Alsacs

Living Legend
The negativity on this board sucks. I get the frustration, but people I am not going to name anybody want to be overwhelmingly negative at the first opportunity to do so. I am just as ticked off as anybody else, but this team showed progress. We started off 5-2 last year but I never felt any confidence watching us play in any of those games. This year I saw a great improvement on offense both scheme and execution wise. The defense was faster and showed promise. The special teams were an EPIC FAILURE and single handily killed this team. We had tons of dumb individual penalties but were able to overcome a lot of them. Keep the faith as I finally saw a legit team for the first team in years.

this looked like a legit D1 team for the first time in a decade

I for one have high hopes...starting next week

and if we do start off 0-2, I am confident that this team will turn it around and get to 2-2 before Big East Play starts

The negativity on this board sucks. I get the frustration, but people I am not going to name anybody want to be overwhelmingly negative at the first opportunity to do so. I am just as ticked off as anybody else, but this team showed progress. We started off 5-2 last year but I never felt any confidence watching us play in any of those games. This year I saw a great improvement on offense both scheme and execution wise. The defense was faster and showed promise. The special teams were an EPIC FAILURE and single handily killed this team. We had tons of dumb individual penalties but were able to overcome a lot of them. Keep the faith as I finally saw a legit team for the first team in years.
Special teams were bad but our kickoffs were much improved and I have no problem with the deep punts. Anyone who says we outkicked our coverage is a moron. You want a punter to kick the ball as deep as possible when field position dictates that. The coverage was the culprit.

Good post. There was a lot of positive in today's game. Kids persevered and showed a lot of character after being down big. Saw some good things form the offense, Nassib in particular, the WRs showed some promise sans Lemon, the RBs looked solid, as did the OL.

Lots of bad, too. Handing a team as good as NW is offensively 14 points [and setting them up for another 7 off that flukey INT], too many penalties, piss poor ST tackling, etc. are things that need to get ironed out.

Missed opportunity today--no question about that--but this still seems like a bowl team to me.

This team definitely shows promise and improvement compared to years past. However, the silly penalties-there's no excuse. We're at HOME. There isn't a noise factor. It's simply focus and discipline. I'm sure we'll get better but that's just unacceptable.

I feel horrible that we gave this one away where we should have won by 20+ without the mistakes. I feel for the team and the fans and it's miserable.

Glass half full is fine and all, but this game was lost because of our mistakes, not because of NU's ability to make plays.

Special teams and dumbass mental mistakes lost this game for us. I'm more frustrated losing that way because it means we had more physical talent than the other team, but we were just dumber than they were.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom