Said it before about Dungey... | Syracusefan.com

Said it before about Dungey...

A better passing Bobby Douglas.

A better passing Bobby Douglas.

The question is how much better a passer is he than Bobby Douglas.

There were a few games in his career where Dungey did look like an adequate or even good passer. But there were others where he really was Bobby Douglas or worse.

Would an NFL team take a chance on him believing that he could be made into an accurate passer?

The real question is can he improve his vision on the passing side and his accuracy. I feel if he can do that he can stick. God I hope he does.

I don't think Dungey has the arm strength or accuracy to play in the NFL, have to have one or the other. I think the debate stops there.
Questioning his accuracy is legit...but arm strength isn't an issue.

I don't think Dungey has the arm strength or accuracy to play in the NFL, have to have one or the other. I think the debate stops there.

You are almost certainly correct.

And the idea of a running QB pretty much evaporated with the short career of Robert Griffin III , who was a much better runner than the lumbering Dungey.

I don't think ED is as fast as ex-SU QB Hurley, who had a long career as an NFL safety, either.

Questioning his accuracy is legit...but arm strength isn't an issue.

Hmm, not sure about that...he threw some great balls down the field over the course of his career, but there was usually not a lot of zip on those sideline throws.

Taysom Hill. He’s going to have to utilize his skills in multiple areas to make a go in the NFL. He isn’t and never will be a prototypical QB at that level. But he CAN do a lot of things that help football teams.

As far as making reads, I liken it to David Carr. By the time he was ready to make that jump he was shell shocked by the lack of protection earlier in his career, he’s a bit skittish. It’s worked for him at the college level because he’s a magnificent creator.

It’s why I believe he can be a situational guy in the NFL. It only takes one guy to fall in love with him like New Orleans.

He’s a special talent. But not always do special talents translate situationally. I’m excited to see what happens with whatever opportunities he may get.

Hmm, not sure about that...he threw some great balls down the field over the course of his career, but there was usually not a lot of zip on those sideline throws.
He also threw some ducks but, IMO, when his footwork is in sync, he has more than enough arm to make all the throws.

When he sits and delivers he has above average velocity. I honestly believe that this myth about arm strength will be dispelled at Pro-day or when he works out for scouts at SU.

He also threw some ducks but, IMO, when his footwork is in sync, he has more than enough arm to make all the throws.

When he sits and delivers he has above average velocity. I honestly believe that this myth about arm strength will be dispelled at Pro-day or when he works out for scouts at SU.
Great points, when he set and threw with sound mechanics, he was fine.

He doesn’t have a rocket but his arm is certainly adequate.

That’s a fair point. I hope you’re proven right.

Let’s see where the chips fall on this one. I do see him latching onto a teams dev squad or 3rd string. He has size of a prototype NFL QB, he was productive and he has shown strong leadership attributes. Some team will find that an interesting enough mix. Then let’s see how he develops. He also landed a pretty well renowned agent. My guess is that would not have happened if they didn’t think there was a decent shot of a deal somewhere.

Worst case, he is on a practice squad, to work on changing some things, you can't change his drive to win and his fearless attitude, which not all players have,I do think he needs to lose some bulk, he put it on to take the pounding, but he will not be asked to run at the next level. I wish him well because I could not wait each week to watch him play.

There are NFL GMs and then there are anonymous guys at a keyboard opining without a clue. Underestimate Dungey at your own peril.

Worst case, he is on a practice squad, to work on changing some things, you can't change his drive to win and his fearless attitude, which not all players have,I do think he needs to lose some bulk, he put it on to take the pounding, but he will not be asked to run at the next level. I wish him well because I could not wait each week to watch him play.
Running is what he does best, if he can have any type of career in the NFL it’s gonna be because of his ability to run and make plays. I love ED but he doesn’t have an NFL arm, so he’ll definitely be asked to run at the next level. I think the best case scenario (realistically) is a role like what Taysom Hill has in New Orleans right now.

There are NFL GMs and then there are anonymous guys at a keyboard opining without a clue. Underestimate Dungey at your own peril.
I think if Ed got a chance he is a find a way type player . I also think he needs a great pro day and with his measurables he could open some eyes .

Hill runs a 4.4 40 !!!!! No comparison at all .
ED was a fun Qb very unique can’t really compare him to anyone .

Hill is certainly a step quicker, but I disagree that there’s no comparison at all. The point was that he’ll have to make noise as a situational type player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom