Said it before about Dungey... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Said it before about Dungey...

Dungey’s arm strength is weak because he lifts too much weights, and Dolezaj needs to eat more pizza and he’d be stronger in the post. Syracusefan.com fitness advice never ceases to amaze.

You’re talking about a bunch of people who have their best moments at tailgate parties.

Pass the brats.

There you go. Eric ran a 4.5 before SU added brats to the training table.

Im staying out of this one! Here for the food only

Do you think he can kick FGs? I think the Bears need one. FLY Eagles Fly!!
Not to get off topic but there is video on Twitter showing it was blocked...hit players fingers...rerouted ball just enough. Wild...sorry about going off topic.

Not to get off topic but there is video on Twitter showing it was blocked...hit players fingers...rerouted ball just enough. Wild...sorry about going off topic.

It was definitely 'tipped'. Not sure I would use the term blocked. Crazy, crazy way to end the game. i mean c'mon.. the hollywood scriptwriter would be mocked for lack of believability.. a post and then the crossbar? Poor Bears fans - and I mean it.

I have always felt that ED was a poor man's Vince Young. I also happened to believe that VY was one of the greatest college players I have ever seen - so the 'poor man's' thing is not in any way meant as a insult. He deserves a shot - and i think will get one.

I don't think Eric is an NFL QB (or player for that matter as position changes don't usually work out and his ability to stay healthy would be a major flag), but watching the weekend the QB's from Luck, to Watson, to Rivers, Jackson, Foles and the Bears guy - all had multiple throws that mirrored a number of Eric's worst throws this year. Consistency in throwing the ball is a vanishing skill set.

I don't think Eric is an NFL QB (or player for that matter as position changes don't usually work out and his ability to stay healthy would be a major flag), but watching the weekend the QB's from Luck, to Watson, to Rivers, Jackson, Foles and the Bears guy - all had multiple throws that mirrored a number of Eric's worst throws this year. Consistency in throwing the ball is a vanishing skill set.

Rivers and Foles in particular throw a lot of “puff” balls.

You’re exactly right. Not personal at all.

Just sensitive to all the criticism that I think Dungey gets for this “arm talent” so I wanted to make certain my post wasn’t taken that way.

I think a healthy Dungey, like you say, has much better accuracy and arm strength than many believe. Maybe not elite, but certainly good enough, particularly when combined with his “intangibles”
Good point. Those criticizing his accuracy should remember that when he struggled - FSU and UNC - his throwing arm was obviously not right. The NFL is going to test his measureables exhaustively and look at every clip of his career. Certainly 'winner' and 'clutch playmaker' are qualities they look for. And the idea that he's slow is laughable - the kid set SU records for rushing TD's on scrambles. Watch the BC/WVU tapes and you can see him outrunning NFL LB prospects. I can see him going in late rounds ...

Last edited:
I don't think Dungey has the arm strength or accuracy to play in the NFL, have to have one or the other. I think the debate stops there.

Arm strength is very overrated in the league, its about making reads and getting the ball out in time.

Rivers and Foles in particular throw a lot of “puff” balls.

Totally agree. its about timing and a feel for the game. rivers has had a funky delivery and has angled throws into some tight windows wo velocity bc he has great anticipation and understanding of coverages. the days of qbs living in the pocket and making all the "NFL " throws is long gone fellas.

The RPO system has made it to the NFL and after years of resistance, the league finally got it. Why not play the same systems as all these stud qbs play in college instead of nit picking and trying to plug them into the old school NFL way. That way is long gone, we are watching a revolution on offense in the pros. the chief's and rams are playing college ball on O and why not with all the rules favoring offensive ball. Thus, yes, ED can play at the next level. Does anyone really think that foles, baker, fitz, or even Russell Wilson have more arm talent than ED?

Arm strength is very overrated in the league, its about making reads and getting the ball out in time.

do you think he will be on an NFL roster next year?

do you think he will be on an NFL roster next year?

I think he has a shot, IB. check out my response immediately before this msg by you. The nfl is changing and it is bc the college rpo system is now being implemented, hence the influx of the young college offensive coaches into the NFL. these guys are inexperienced, but understand a system most owners crave. Yes, ED, has a shot to find an opportunity.

You are almost certainly correct.

And the idea of a running QB pretty much evaporated with the short career of Robert Griffin III , who was a much better runner than the lumbering Dungey.

I don't think ED is as fast as ex-SU QB Hurley, who had a long career as an NFL safety, either.
Bill Hurley lasted 3 yrs and only sporadically played in 20 or so games for Buffalo and NO. Not a long career at all.

NFL teams are hungry for mobile QB's now, not just immobile pocket passers. So I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey got drafted --- maybe 5th/6th round.

Russell Wilson has a rocket a two sport star .a freak athlete . Not many if any humans in the world can duplicate him

I like RW, but freak athlete seems a bit strong. i think the strongest part of his game is his mental approach and decision making. That's more than half the game in the league. his arm strength is very good and his speed is good, but its his anticipation that sets him apart.

Hot take alert. It’s the NFL, highest level of football played. Reads and getting the ball out in time are important. So is arm strength. Very few QB’s make an impact with okay arm strength. That’s probably being conservative.

NFL teams are hungry for mobile QB's now, not just immobile pocket passers. So I wouldn't be surprised if Dungey got drafted --- maybe 5th/6th round.

They’ve always been hungry for mobile QB’s, I don’t think the timing of ED going to the draft makes any difference as far as mobility being relevant. QB’s who can break defenses down with their feet have been sought after for a very long time.

I like RW, but freak athlete seems a bit strong. i think the strongest part of his game is his mental approach and decision making. That's more than half the game in the league. his arm strength is very good and his speed is good, but its his anticipation that sets him apart.
By far far far the best scrambler I’ve seen in recent memory . His game is off the scramble he is not an anticipatory thrower .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom