Saint Dougie... | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

Couple of thoughts here:

1. Jags have the easiest schedule in football, and last year they lost 5 games by one posession. I think I read early in the season that some of their results last year were unlucky (percentage of available fumbles recovered, things like that).

2. A lot of their young talent is maturing. Players like Lee, Ramsey, etc.

3. All that being said they finally went out and got a very good football coach and head of football operations in Marrone and Coughlin.

Marrone is a mini-Coughlin, in that their styles of coaching are very similar. They are both borderline militant and strict disciplinarians. Their teams come to play every game, and you know you are going to have a physical battle on your hands.

Only thing really holding this team back is QB play right now - Bortles is extremely inaccurate in the intermediate to deep passing game - so much that teams just stack the box against them right now. Curious is Eli ends up there next season.

Bortles best performance in the league the last three games

31-0 at the half without Fournette

Must win game for NE today

Jags looks like they have no real weakness, that is if Bortles keeps playing like this.

Doug Marrone is the man, wish he was the coach of my Bengals.....why do so many on here dislike this man?

Time to move on and acknowledge the fact DM is a very good coach, who has done well along all his coaching stops...

Couple of thoughts here:

1. Jags have the easiest schedule in football, and last year they lost 5 games by one posession. I think I read early in the season that some of their results last year were unlucky (percentage of available fumbles recovered, things like that).

2. A lot of their young talent is maturing. Players like Lee, Ramsey, etc.

3. All that being said they finally went out and got a very good football coach and head of football operations in Marrone and Coughlin.

Marrone is a mini-Coughlin, in that their styles of coaching are very similar. They are both borderline militant and strict disciplinarians. Their teams come to play every game, and you know you are going to have a physical battle on your hands.

Only thing really holding this team back is QB play right now - Bortles is extremely inaccurate in the intermediate to deep passing game - so much that teams just stack the box against them right now. Curious is Eli ends up there next season.

Marrone is mini Tom before Tom listened to his Giants veterans and lightened up a bit on his long list of rules. Next thing you know he wins 2 rings. I would bet TC has imparted that wisdom on Doug and it will be good for all in the long run. Doug can coach and if he listens to TC look out

Doug Marrone is the man, wish he was the coach of my Bengals...why do so many on here dislike this man?

Time to move on and acknowledge the fact DM is a very good coach, who has done well along all his coaching stops...

Bengals bro . . . . We lead sad lives.

Doug Marrone is the man, wish he was the coach of my Bengals...why do so many on here dislike this man?

I'm pretty much to that point also - and I'm a Bills and a Syracuse fan - so I could be bitter if I wanted to since he left both my teams. But every team he has coached has improved from where it started. Seems pretty apparent that Doug is a really good coach.

Glad we have that ignore thread feature so I can only see this thread that will never die pop up when I want to.

The only people on here who bash Marrone are those who have either:

turned down advancing to the highest level of their professional out of sophomoric loyalty to their employer;

turned down huge increases in pay because they had to leave their inferior employment;

refused to exercise their contractual right to make $4M for not working for a new owner;

and/or never broke up with someone for whom they had once proclaimed deep affection.

The only people on here who bash Marrone are those who have either:

turned down advancing to the highest level of their professional out of sophomoric loyalty to their employer;

turned down huge increases in pay because they had to leave their inferior employment;

refused to exercise their contractual right to make $4M for not working for a new owner;

and/or never broke up with someone for whom they had once proclaimed deep affection.
Or, just have fun with it.

Well so much for that.

The Jags have one good win (against a fading organization in the Seahawks.) The rest is against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Congrats.

Marrone is still the phony baloney who used Syracuse and the Bills as doormats. He’s a lying sack and he can rot.

Have fun rooting for Jacksonville. The organization that ships out home games to Europe. Dougie must be the toast of the town down there in that dump.

The Jags have one good win (against a fading organization in the Seahawks.) The rest is against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Congrats.

Marrone is still the phony baloney who used Syracuse and the Bills as doormats. He’s a lying sack and he can rot.

Have fun rooting for Jacksonville. The organization that ships out home games to Europe. Dougie must be the toast of the town down there in that dump.

Haha sheesh you are bitter. It's okay to not like the guy but they went to Pittsburgh and kicked their ass. The defense is very good.

I am bitter. 100% admit that and have no shame in it.
You should be bitter. All of us Buffalo Bills fans are. People who never lived the life will never understand the pain. But as a Bills fan, you have to know better than to think they ever have a chance to win the division as long as Tom Brady is still a Patriot.

You should be bitter. All of us Buffalo Bills fans are. People who never lived the life will never understand the pain. But as a Bills fan, you have to know better than to think they ever have a chance to win the division as long as Tom Brady is still a Patriot.
Flutie curse.

they won at pitt.

they have not just beaten bad teams, they have destroyed most of them.

A good win, what do you think, it's college football?

Oscar Meyer should make some hats that look like a baloney package and the Jag fans could be baloney heads.

marrone can still bone the bills fans in the final game

best scenario for me is praying that marrone will beat mularkey in the final game of the year. this will not go well

marrone will do something stupid in the kicking game to make me crazy and mularkey will come through for his team the way he didn't in 2004 or whenever the steelers backups beat the bills.

i'm at peace with this - i already know how this story ends and it will end with two ex-bills coaches managing to stumble their way in and unintentionally working together to keep the bills out

i just want you all to know I'm already prepared for this. it would be delicious for a lot of you but it's a foregone conclusion

mcdermott just set a new standard for idiot bills coaches and since he got bailed out, i'm sure he'll be extra stupid going forward

not only was the punt so dumb, he wasted a timeout to think it over
my nightmare is becoming more likely

what are the odds of marrone having anything to play for in the final week? steelers have the two worst teams in the league left.

i have to pray he's a meathead who doesn't believe in avoiding injury in a meathead.

marrone needs to be stupid for the bills to make the playoffs. and since he will only be smart when it causes me pain, he will be smart

"Come on man!" It's the frigging NFL, every win is a good win. Well, except the Browns W. :) I'm a Browns fan, to say the last 2 years have been brutal is being diplomatic. :(:mad:

My hope is that the Jags unleash the dogs on Jimmy G as a shot over the bow to the Patsies. Jimmy G should throw the ball fast in that game.

I know better... was just trying to T off these Marrone fanboys - one of whom is a Pats fan. If it had come true I would have won the thread. If the inevitable happened - oh well - just a blip on the radar. Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom