Saint Dougie... | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

A good win, what do you think, it's college football?

Sorry if beating up on the likes of Tom Savage, Jacoby Brisset twice, Deshone Kizer, and TJ Yates doesn’t really move the needle for me. That’s 5 wins against probably THE worst quarterbacks in the league. Unfortunately Dougie won’t be facing any of those world beaters in the playoffs.

I know better... was just trying to T off these Marrone fanboys - one of whom is a Pats fan. If it had come true I would have won the thread. If the inevitable happened - oh well - just a blip on the radar. Haha
The only problem is us so called fanboys are actually right. Doug can coach. To deny it is to look like a jilted lover, you know, the one where the friends are sympathetic for a while, before they just think the jilted party is pathetic, can't move on, holds on to grudges, and is generally just immature. But you do your thing.

The only problem is us so called fanboys are actually right. Doug can coach. To deny it is to look like a jilted lover, you know, the one where the friends are sympathetic for a while, before they just think the jilted party is pathetic, can't move on, holds on to grudges, and is generally just immature. But you do your thing.

Will do.

And you do you. Root for a guy who lied to and screwed over your alma mater and has an impressive catalog of treating subordinates and those around him worse than the dirt under his shoe. Enjoy.

my nightmare is becoming more likely

what are the odds of marrone having anything to play for in the final week? steelers have the two worst teams in the league left.

i have to pray he's a meathead who doesn't believe in avoiding injury in a meathead.

marrone needs to be stupid for the bills to make the playoffs. and since he will only be smart when it causes me pain, he will be smart

Depends if the Pats and/or the Steelers lose. The Jags own the tie breaker for a bye over both teams if either loses a game in the next two weeks.

Are they Steelers playing the Giants this week? My schedule says at Houston.

If the Titans lose and the Bills don't get it done they'll have a decision to make about how they approach a what is most likely a meaningless game.

Now if the Bills and Texans were both to win it really would be a St. Doug Christmas miracle.

Will do.

And you do you. Root for a guy who lied to and screwed over your alma mater and has an impressive catalog of treating subordinates and those around him worse than the dirt under his shoe. Enjoy.

Fact check:

Lied to. False. What did he lie about? The dream job statement? I'm in my early 40's. I'm in my dream job, I'm not happy being complacent for the next 20 years until I retire. I have a new dream job. It's Director.

Screwed over. False. They guy got offered an NFL coaching job. Took his assistants with him. Guess who else did the exact same thing when he came here? Dino friggin Babers, that's who. DB actually left BG in much worse shape that DM left us.

Treating subs badly? I don't care, I don't work for him, Casullo was an emotionally unstable buttturd to begin with and deserved it.

Maybe if you DM haters had any real facts to back up you up but you don't.

A NE/JAX playoff game will be tough to watch. I hate the Pats and Marrone almost equally.

Fact check:

Lied to. False. What did he lie about? The dream job statement? I'm in my early 40's. I'm in my dream job, I'm not happy being complacent for the next 20 years until I retire. I have a new dream job. It's Director.

Screwed over. False. They guy got offered an NFL coaching job. Took his assistants with him. Guess who else did the exact same thing when he came here? Dino friggin Babers, that's who. DB actually left BG in much worse shape that DM left us.

Treating subs badly? I don't care, I don't work for him, Casullo was an emotionally unstable buttturd to begin with and deserved it.

Well now that I know the facts... haha

Fact check:

No problems with Doug heading for the NFL but your facts are not entirely correct. I do agree that Doug is a very good coach and that he landed in a good spot in Jacksonville with their talent and being a smaller market. Not sure why you Marrone knobbers get so worked up with anything other than glowingly positive reviews of Saint Marrone.

Fact: Doug Marrone is generally not a good human being often belittling people (yes I have facts of him doing this) such as employees at the University/fans/etc. Also a lot of rumblings that he treated past SU players poorly when they came into town. lets just say Doug's probably not a great people person.

Fact Doug Marrone quit the Bills job overplaying his hand as he thought he had another job signed, sealed, and delivered.

My hope is that the Jags unleash the dogs on Jimmy G as a shot over the bow to the Patsies. Jimmy G should throw the ball fast in that game.
Jimmy G looks like a star in the making. I'm so happy the Pats traded him.

No problems with Doug heading for the NFL but your facts are not entirely correct. I do agree that Doug is a very good coach and that he landed in a good spot in Jacksonville with their talent and being a smaller market. Not sure why you Marrone knobbers get so worked up with anything other than glowingly positive reviews of Saint Marrone.

Fact: Doug Marrone is generally not a good human being often belittling people (yes I have facts of him doing this) such as employees at the University/fans/etc. Also a lot of rumblings that he treated past SU players poorly when they came into town. lets just say Doug's probably not a great people person.

Fact Doug Marrone quit the Bills job overplaying his hand as he thought he had another job signed, sealed, and delivered.

$4M + additional income in a new job, and in a much better HC situation two years later. That's some overplaying.

Not getting the Jets job turned out to be a huge blessing.

It's like a miracle.

Now here this, now here this...Doug Marrone is not a nice person. Lol, who said he was? And I don't care what he did in Buffalo, the team was undergoing major changes at the top, Doug had a buyout and took it before getting fired a year later by someone who wanted to bring in his own coach anyway. And no matter what the haters say, what he's doing in Jax is a freaking miracle, just like Syracuse. It's when they try to downplay his coaching abilities that I get riled up. If they don't think Doug can coach, then they have no idea what they are talking about and should probably excuse themselves from future coaching discussions involving Syracuse.

Now here this, now here this...Doug Marrone is not a nice person. Lol, who said he was? And I don't care what he did in Buffalo, the team was undergoing major changes at the top, Doug had a buyout and took it before getting fired a year later by someone who wanted to bring in his own coach anyway. And no matter what the haters say, what he's doing in Jax is a freaking miracle, just like Syracuse. It's when they try to downplay his coaching abilities that I get riled up. If they don't think Doug can coach, then they have no idea what they are talking about and should probably excuse themselves from future coaching discussions involving Syracuse.

My premise wasn't that Douggie couldn't coach but that he is a crappy human being.

He stepped into a good situation in Jacksonville. Alot of the NFL talking heads had Jacksonville as a sleeper playoff team the last couple of seasons. Bradley was a train wreck as a coach. When you stink as bad as Jacksonville has and for as long as they have, some of those top 10 picks begin to pan out.

Like I said facts...He is a crappy human being and a quitter. No disputing those facts.

I see you don't dispute anything I said, haha.

I don’t care to debate w a St Doug groupie. You like him, have at it.

The guy screwed over my two favorite football teams. He’s dead to me.

Depends if the Pats and/or the Steelers lose. The Jags own the tie breaker for a bye over both teams if either loses a game in the next two weeks.

Are they Steelers playing the Giants this week? My schedule says at Houston.

If the Titans lose and the Bills don't get it done they'll have a decision to make about how they approach a what is most likely a meaningless game.

Now if the Bills and Texans were both to win it really would be a St. Doug Christmas miracle.
i think the giants would be favored over houston

patriots aren't losing to the jets, steelers aren't losing to the browns or texans

Doug had a buyout and took it before getting fired a year later by someone who wanted to bring in his own coach anyway.
Pegula had no desire or reason to "bring in his own coach." As long as Marrone was doing well, he was safe.

And no matter what the haters say, what he's doing in Jax is a freaking miracle, just like Syracuse.
Silly. It's not a "miracle." That roster is loaded thanks to David Caldwell.

The Jags have one good win (against a fading organization in the Seahawks.) The rest is against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Congrats.

Marrone is still the phony baloney who used Syracuse and the Bills as doormats. He’s a lying sack and he can rot.

Have fun rooting for Jacksonville. The organization that ships out home games to Europe. Dougie must be the toast of the town down there in that dump.
Pretty good win on the road against Pittsburgh (30-9). I'm not in the middle of this, and am no fan of the way Marrone left SU. But he moved on to the NFL and that's life. He was good while he was here and I'm still rooting for him at JV. I don't think 10-4 is an accident. Jags still have to play two road games, one at San Fran and the other against the Titans (to whom the Jags lost at home). So even though they've clinched, I think the Jags will be motivated to play well in Nashville.

Pretty good win on the road against Pittsburgh (30-9). I'm not in the middle of this, and am no fan of the way Marrone left SU. But he moved on to the NFL and that's life. He was good while he was here and I'm still rooting for him at JV. I don't think 10-4 is an accident. Jags still have to play two road games, one at San Fran and the other against the Titans (to whom the Jags lost at home). So even though they've clinched, I think the Jags will be motivated to play well in Nashville.

I missed that Steelers game when I was looking down through their schedule. Def a good win. Steelers hadn’t hit their stride yet by that game but an impressive win nonetheless. I just don’t like Doug and it’s fun to poke at his fanboys on here because I can’t understand why they support a turd like him so vigorously after what he’s done.

I can’t understand why they support a turd like him so vigorously after what he’s done.

Seeing that I'm not a Bills fan, I'm able to get not wanting to work for someone who didn't hire you so I don't put as much into that as you do.

What's he's done that I do care about is resurrecting the Syracuse football program. I'm a very firm believer that had we gone with some schmuck like Gill/Holtz/Edsall/etc then we'd still be a dead program.

Sorry if beating up on the likes of Tom Savage, Jacoby Brisset twice, Deshone Kizer, and TJ Yates doesn’t really move the needle for me. That’s 5 wins against probably THE worst quarterbacks in the league. Unfortunately Dougie won’t be facing any of those world beaters in the playoffs.
Ha...he won with Blake Bortles.

Seeing that I'm not a Bills fan, I'm able to get not wanting to work for someone who didn't hire you so I don't put as much into that as you do.

What's he's done that I do care about is resurrecting the Syracuse football program. I'm a very firm believer that had we gone with some schmuck like Gill/Holtz/Edsall/etc then we'd still be a dead program.
Yep...those 3 were called for by a lot of folks. I still laugh about Skip Holtz. Funny thing about Marrone and Buffalo is that those Bills fans who call him a lousy coach are the same ones that say how he "screwed" the Bills. They should be happy he left, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom