Saint Dougie... | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Saint Dougie...

My premise wasn't that Douggie couldn't coach but that he is a crappy human being.

He stepped into a good situation in Jacksonville. Alot of the NFL talking heads had Jacksonville as a sleeper playoff team the last couple of seasons. Bradley was a train wreck as a coach. When you stink as bad as Jacksonville has and for as long as they have, some of those top 10 picks begin to pan out.

Like I said facts...He is a crappy human being and a quitter. No disputing those facts.
Is Mike Hopkins, in your mind, a quitter?

Yep...those 3 were called for by a lot of folks. I still laugh about Skip Holtz. Funny thing about Marrone and Buffalo is that those Bills fans who call him a lousy coach are the same ones that say how he "screwed" the Bills. They should be happy he left, right?
I was neither happy nor upset that he left. Just kind of meh. That was my opinion of him as an NFL head coach at the time. Not great or terrible, somewhere in the middle. I was surprised that he thought so highly of himself, though. He confused effort with results. And me being indifferent to his departure didn't stop me from making fun of him after he swung and missed on a HC position. Lucky for him, as it eventually turned out.

Blake Bortles has infinitely more talent than any of the slugs I brought up.
Doug has done a good job.. so good that you believe that.

Doug has done a good job.. so good that you believe that.

Haha... you’re clueless.

The dude was the third pick in the draft and threw for 4400 yards and 35 TD’s in 2015.

Revisionist history is strong with the Moron-iacs

Haha... you’re clueless.

The dude was the third pick in the draft and threw for 4400 yards and 35 TD’s in 2015.

If Marrone sucks so bad you would have celebrated his leaving. The Bills is a loser organization. You feel jilted. I get it. Me thinks you be protesting a bit much.

Marrone is your Denise

370fbb164bdf1104c3a21aa8b3002ad8--snl-skits-adam-sandler.jpg

If Marrone sucks so bad you would have celebrated his leaving. The Bills is a loser organization. You feel jilted. I get it. Me thinks you be protesting a bit much.

So nothing to prove your sweet take? Just an attack on my team as a “loser organization.”

Methinks you should stick to liking memes on the OT board, it’s more your speed.

I never said he sucks. Just that he’s a turd and I wish him nothing but losses in the NFL. He’s somewhere between Rich Kotite and Jeff Fisher.

Who don't you hate, isn't that a shorter list?

In my defense after SU football cancelled the Wisconsin series I took away the "fire Herm Frazier" signature. He's moved to neutral now.

$4M + additional income in a new job, and in a much better HC situation two years later. That's some overplaying.

Not getting the Jets job turned out to be a huge blessing.

It's like a miracle.

Maybe Doug was playing the long game and the trashing by Casullo that cost Doug the Jets job was a work

VelvetySnappyImperatorangel-max-1mb.gif

Haha... you’re clueless.

You're acting like Doug stood you up on Grindr or something. Just get over it.

So nothing to prove your sweet take? Just an attack on my team as a “loser organization.”
Bortles was ranked 28th among QBs by QBR (43) last year. Thank goodness he was the third pick in the draft.

Bortles was ranked 28th among QBs by QBR (43) last year. Thank goodness he was the third pick in the draft.

I guess NFL scouts and GM’s know nothing.

This should make some of you guys happy.

Jaguars Four Downs: West Coast trips have not been successful

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asked last week if he ever considered calling the plays, Marrone said: “No.”

Why not?

“I just thought, in the beginning, that I wanted to make sure I can manage [all of the game] situations,” Marrone said.

Marrone added of not handling both jobs: “I’m just not that smart. That’s the truth.”

Which one of them said being the 28th rated QB in the league is a good thing?
Lol nice logic, do you really need a list of 1st round busts to prove just how much of a crap shoot it can really be?
GM's get fired all the time.

You bologna boys are all deviating from the point of my original post that began this exchange. I was talking about how the Jags have an inflated record because of the 5 horrific qbs they’ve faced this year. I didn’t even bring Bortles up. XC did.

If you don’t think Bortles has infinitely more talent, upside, and production than Brissett 2X, Savage, Yates, and Kizer then you just don’t know what you’re watching or what you’re talking about.

Just cuz Marrone trashed his own QB in the preseason to prop himself up into Sainthood status (god forbid a coach of his stature work with the lowly Blake Bortles) doesn’t mean you guys have to buy what the snake oil salesmen is selling. Blake Bortles has now been in the league for 4 years. He’s had more “goodish” seasons than bad.

You bologna boys are all deviating from the point of my original post that began this exchange. I was talking about how the Jags have an inflated record because of the 5 horrific qbs they’ve faced this year. I didn’t even bring Bortles up. XC did.

If you don’t think Bortles has infinitely more talent, upside, and production than Brissett 2X, Savage, Yates, and Kizer then you just don’t know what you’re watching or what you’re talking about.

Just cuz Marrone trashed his own QB in the preseason to prop himself up into Sainthood status (god forbid a coach of his stature work with the lowly Blake Bortles) doesn’t mean you guys have to buy what the snake oil salesmen is selling. Blake Bortles has now been in the league for 4 years. He’s had more “goodish” seasons than bad.
They beat Rothisberger, Dalton, Rivers, Watson, and Wilson too. Of course I brought up Bortles because they are winning with last year's 28th rated passer. In 2015 he was 24th and 2014 he was 30th. Oh yeah, he was drafted #3. That changes everything. This year he is 13th...hmmm, what changed? Stay by the phone, Denise might call.

I'm gonna laugh when J'ville releases Bortles, the Bills pick him up, and then all the Bills fans complain how terrible he is.
Remember how great Rob Johnson was going to be for them? I lived in Buffalo then and all the fans there told me how he was the "quarterback of the future". How right they were.

Remember how great Rob Johnson was going to be for them? I lived in Buffalo then and all the fans there told me how he was the "quarterback of the future". How right they were.

I was in Buffalo during the JP Losman era. I remember running into him at The Steer on N. Main St. and asking why he was at a college bar. He said because of the college girls. It was then that I knew JP wasn't gonna cut it in the NFL, he never got past his college glory years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom