Saturday attendance vs Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Saturday attendance vs Georgetown

It was probably 12k actuals. Was there.
You could be correct...they showed a better shot on TV and I was shocked how empty it looked

These smaller crowds are the new normal. With an 85 inch TV screen and all the games shown locally, it’s too easy to just stay home and enjoy with a cocktail in hand.

These smaller crowds are the new normal. With an 85 inch TV screen and all the games shown locally, it’s too easy to just stay home and enjoy with a cocktail in hand.
That’s part of it. The bigger part is that Georgetown ain’t much of a draw anymore. And sadly SU isn’t either.

For a lot of games - but people still like being part of things.

When the team is doing good and has some hype and the Dome is “cool” to go to, people will go. Just like the football sellouts this year.

A Georgetown friend said it looked depressing. It was an indictment of both programs to be clear. Pretty sad.

For a lot of games - but people still like being part of things.

When the team is doing good and has some hype and the Dome is “cool” to go to, people will go. Just like the football sellouts this year.
Agree. We will turn it around if we win. And a lot easier to turn it around in basketball.

Yeah, I could see a bunch of empty seats in the lower sections on TV.
I was shocked the upper sidelines and corners weren’t mostly full.

I remember lots of 18,000 ish type crowds where the sidelines and corners were at least full but not much behind the baskets.

Stunning to see our crowds be this small for “real” games.

I remember lots of 18,000 ish type crowds where the sidelines and corners were at least full but not much behind the baskets.

If we were 9-1 and ranked, there'd had been another 3-4k

The bad seasons are starting to dwindle the base.

Yea except many fans probably weren’t even watching on their 85” screen.

Idk about “stunning” - more like just plain sad that it’s come to this.

Idk about “stunning” - more like just plain sad that it’s come to this.
This was a mid November Tuesday night Colgate level crowd.

The huge crowds don’t typically kick in until January, but a December Saturday crowd for Georgetown with students still around? Cmon. That’s upper sidelines and corners full with some scatter in the upper levels behind the baskets, at minimum.

Even at 20,000 it would be the largest or one of the largest crowds in the country for the season. Little old Syracuse.
more than most NBA and NHL games, I think people fail to realize that we outdraw most professional arenas. Granted the Dome has more capacity than pro sites but the fact we pack them in for a non-major city is quite incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom