Saturday attendance vs Georgetown | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Saturday attendance vs Georgetown

I don't pay attention to the attendance of other schools or how it compares to their past attendance, so I don't know. Do you mind posting those stats?

Last year. I’m not going backwards and looking at other schools. Just know attendance has been down nationally.

DA152683-3B33-47D4-A533-1A591D54EE6A.png

Last year. I’m not going backwards and looking at other schools. Just know attendance has been down nationally.

View attachment 223021
Ok. I was curious about how it may have changed with team performance over recent years. Despite being near the top in attendance, I know Kentucky fans have been frustrated with their team performance lately. I'm curious if teams like Alabama, Tennessee, Baylor, and Houston that have had recent resurgences have trended up.

Ok. I was curious about how it may have changed with team performance over recent years. Despite being near the top in attendance, I know Kentucky fans have been frustrated with their team performance lately. I'm curious if teams like Alabama, Tennessee, Baylor, and Houston that have had recent resurgences have trended up.
reminder that covid issues still existed last year at points.

would be better to compare 2019 vs this years

more than most NBA and NHL games, I think people fail to realize that we outdraw most professional arenas. Granted the Dome has more capacity than pro sites but the fact we pack them in for a non-major city is quite incredible.
Well, major cities have other things for upon which people spend their discretionary dollars. It’s somewhat of a wash.

crazy to me that there is a demand for 200 level seats at $150+., Even selling in $308 for $100 is nuts.

Yeah, outside the Dome, I'm sure they were available for $20 or less.

My eyeballs sez 18k actual

No, it wasn't that many. I sat in the bleacher side, so I was looking at the outside "bowl" seating. Bottom wasn't really close to full, but was respectably full for the TV camera angle. Both sections behind the basket had less than half in the bottom level. 200 level seats were not bad, but very few in the upper deck - may 1/4 to 1/3 full, at most, gathered around center court.

crazy to me that there is a demand for 200 level seats at $150+., Even selling in $308 for $100 is nuts.
Maybe that’s why the place is so empty? Who is paying NBA prices to sit on some metal benches a mile away from the court?

Maybe that’s why the place is so empty? Who is paying NBA prices to sit on some metal benches a mile away from the court?

That's because they're for sale online. If you want cheap seats, you have to go meet a scalper face-to-face, really close to tip-off.

That's because they're for sale online. If you want cheap seats, you have to go meet a scalper face-to-face, really close to tip-off.
There’s no paper tickets anymore though.

Ah. That changes things. (How old am I? "Paper tickets", pshaw!)
I was thinking of that for the GTown game. I was unable to go but if I had been able to go at the last minute - how much turnaround time does stubhub take? Can you buy tickets off there an hour before the game and get them in time? Seems like usually it takes some time for the tickets to be transferred to you on those services? Could be wrong and hope I am.

In the past you could always get some cheap tickets outside the Dome.

No, it wasn't that many. I sat in the bleacher side, so I was looking at the outside "bowl" seating. Bottom wasn't really close to full, but was respectably full for the TV camera angle. Both sections behind the basket had less than half in the bottom level. 200 level seats were not bad, but very few in the upper deck - may 1/4 to 1/3 full, at most, gathered around center court.
I was there and counted 19,107.

I was thinking of that for the GTown game. I was unable to go but if I had been able to go at the last minute - how much turnaround time does stubhub take? Can you buy tickets off there an hour before the game and get them in time? Seems like usually it takes some time for the tickets to be transferred to you on those services? Could be wrong and hope I am.

My experience is that StubHub transfers extremely quickly. Within a couple minutes usually. It’s automated. The seller has already uploaded the “tickets” (bar codes, essentially) so the transfer time is just however long it takes for the server to work it’s magic.

since all the lower level seats are season ticket holders (right?), I assume it’s more no shows. I’d buy some of those prime empty seats personally if they were available.

There were people selling tickets outside the Dome. I had a couple people ask me. Not sure how they would have done it - email the e-ticket to the buyer, I guess?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom