Saturday morning surprise... | Syracusefan.com

Saturday morning surprise...

Flacusian

All Conference
Generally I find that there is always a way to put a positive spin on happenings around the basketball program but... there are times when we are seemingly bludgeoned by bad news set to the soundtrack of the nattering nabobs of negativity that like to shout "fire" in a board thread or "the sky is falling" with any development at all.

I crawled out of bed this morning nursing the first cold /flu like episode that I've had in the 23 years since I moved to Florida from Connecticut... and (I have my priorities straight) the first thing I do aside from an urgent biological need is to check in on Syracusefan.com to see if there might be a "Saturday Morning Surprise" ... uh... I guess what I meant to say is, " A Positive Saturday Morning Surprise"

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I feel like we've been starved for "Good News!" for quite a while. I've learned a useful tool to use when it feels like the $hi# Fairy has dropped in on you and set up shop front and center in your life is to make a "gratitude list".

In hopes it might brighten the day of some fellow denizens of the board... here goes:

Battle switched his commitment from Michigan to Syracuse ( That is BIG folks... REALLY BIG!!!)

Lydon --- did not enter his name in the Draft and by all accounts / LOVES being ORANGE.
over the long haul chances are he will have a more prolific career in the NBA than... well you know

DC2... We could really almost say DC3 here because his decision to stay another year is certainly a plus for
us and he will be having a third incarnation of sorts as to his role on the team/ program

Gillon ... This is a really nice pick up for us and he is ready to contribute from day one. He will certainly take
some of the bite out of the effect of... well, you know... most likely not returning.
Moyer... This kid exudes " I LOVE BEING ORANGE" like no kid we've had in a while and he is going to be
a really positive force in the program.

I am Groot! Y 'all should think back to how things go when we have someone anchoring the zone who has
seven foot/ something next to his name in the program. Can you say "Blocked shot!!!????"

TR... He is going to lead the ACC in rebounding and will have an insane break out Senior season and we
will all be marveling about where was all of this for the past several seasons. Bottom line... it don't
matter... he's bringin' it this year. Last year is history... and so is... well you know.

A Coach named Boeheim: If you can't feel gratitude for this little morsel... then you best pack your bags and
go puke up some pabum of a post on the Boneyard. We have a coach who is a genius and he isn't
going to go out without another assault on the Natty... regardless of not having... well you know.

Please feel free to add to these little points of light that I've listed here and remember... there is still time in the coming week for us to have that "Saturday Surprise" regardless if it comes on a day which ain't Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy B had another jewel or two to add to the roster in the coming days.

Chin up folks... we are Syracuse and we are going to be better than fine this coming season.
LGO!!!!!

Supergirl was just renewed (by the CW).
th

We need to bring in some kids who are college material and would be admissible under normal circumstances like Coach K does at Duke. Maybe then we will be more stable as a program.

Generally I find that there is always a way to put a positive spin on happenings around the basketball program but... there are times when we are seemingly bludgeoned by bad news set to the soundtrack of the nattering nabobs of negativity that like to shout "fire" in a board thread or "the sky is falling" with any development at all.

Chin up folks... we are Syracuse and we are going to be better than fine this coming season.
LGO!!!!!

Great post.

I just found out I'm having a son, after already having a girl who's 2nd bday was yesterday. By all accounts, yesterday was one of ther best days of my life and I didn't even notice the Mali/nba news...and I already prepared for that news anyways. We will add a piece or 2 yet and will be a really good team by Jan/Feb!

Last edited:
I just found out I'm having a son, after already having a girl who's 2nd bday was yesterday. By all accounts, yesterday waso one of ther best days of my life and I didn't even notice the Mali/nba news...and I already prepared for that news anyways. We will add a piece or 2 yet and will be a really good by Jan/Feb!
Congrats!

We need to bring in some kids who are college material and would be admissible under normal circumstances like Coach K does at Duke. Maybe then we will be more stable as a program.
Hasn't he lost freshman the last few years?

I just found out I'm having a son, after already having a girl who's 2nd bday was yesterday. By all accounts, yesterday was one of ther best days of my life and I didn't even notice the Mali/nba news...and I already prepared for that news anyways. We will add a piece or 2 yet and will be a really good team by Jan/Feb!
Congrats~!~ Now that's what I call good news. My kids have bought me more joy and fulfillment than anything else in life. Makes matters concerning college basketball pale by comparison.

The OP title is pure click bait. What surprise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom