Say what you will about the opponent | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Say what you will about the opponent

He showed more effort getting the ball back after an unfortunate shot, that kind of effort goes a long way with people
That’s the effort we need from him all game.

He showed more effort getting the ball back after an unfortunate shot, that kind of effort goes a long way with people

I thought that was one of his best plays of the night. Along with a couple long board I mentioned. He grabbed the ball better in traffic than our forwards. Made space for himself

Because I don’t believe it’s a Top 100 win. Richmond lost its best 3 players from last year. I would be surprised if they are a Top 100 team this year. Just calling it like I see it. Burton is good but other than that, they have new pieces all over the place. The fact that they took SU to OT is quite telling.

No its not. We are a mess still. We have to win games. How we win them doesn't matter until this team either gets better or doesn't and crashes and burns.

Burton was still their best player last year so not all their best 3. Nelson is a good A10 frosh PG.

They lost to Charleston in OT who just beat VT and played UNC even until very late.

I'm not saying they are winning the A10 but they are well coached and have their best player back in Burton. Top 100 seems quite realistic to me.

Also Roche was a big pickup. He was a lethal shooter at Citadel and a guy on many teams radars.

Agreed. Good grief. Pass it to Judah and let him do what he’s good at, while you do what you’re good at: set your feet and get ready to drill one.
Call JB's show and let him know.

No its not. We are a mess still. We have to win games. How we win them doesn't matter until this team either gets better or doesn't and crashes and burns.

Burton was still their best player last year so not all their best 3. Nelson is a good A10 frosh PG.

They lost to Charleston in OT who just beat VT and played UNC even until very late.

I'm not saying they are winning the A10 but they are well coached and have their best player back in Burton. Top 100 seems quite realistic to me.
I'm thrilled we won. If we win the same way on Tuesday. I will be thrilled then. If we beat B.C. by 1 on Saturday, be thrilled again. We are way past how we look winning. Hopefully, we see those days again. Right now, I just don't want to lose.

I hope we play Temple, because I don’t want to risk another loss to St. John’s or any BE team.
I wonder how many fans even remember the Big East. Not talking the ones on this board but's it's ancient time to a segment of our fan base.

I think maybe everyone here is right? Joe kept us in the game and also made some bad plays. Capable of playing smarter, but also had a much needed 30.

Just think at the guard position, there is no other option who is going to play over him. So we have to learn to take the bad with the good and hope the growth of Mintz and company alleviates his need to heat check so much.

Surprised that some aren’t getting it...so I guess let’s spell it out.
THE CEILING IS THE BUBBLE.

Wins are good.

I will say the ceiling is a 7-8 seed. Like absolute ceiling. Looooooooooong way to sniffing that. Bubble seems great right now. Winning season even

I'm thrilled we won. If we win the same way on Tuesday. I will be thrilled then. If we beat B.C. by 1 on Saturday, be thrilled again. We are way past how we look winning. Hopefully, we see those days again. Right now, I just don't want to lose.

Bingo- much better teams than us are squeaking by bad teams too

We have to live with Joes shot selection. I’ve been watching him since HS and this is what he’s always done. The coach is clearly ok with it. If he wasn’t he’d do something about It. Mintz will get plenty of shots as well. We have nobody capable at forward to share the load offensively.

I'm just sick of the Joe bashing. Yeah, he sucks on defense. And he shoots a lot. Too much if we had a load of other options. Right now, we don't. Maybe in a month or two, we will have other options. But he won us that game tonight. I think we can get off of his neck today. Seems on this board, we can't.
There are some people here that if they read a story about Joe stopping to pull a family, and their dog, out of a burning house, would criticize Joe for not preventing the fire in the first place.

Last edited:
I will say the ceiling is a 7-8 seed. Like absolute ceiling. Looooooooooong way to sniffing that. Bubble seems great right now. Winning season even
7 or 8 seed. That would be top 30 in the country. we would need guys to make jumps I just don't see happening. I would be stunned if we made the NCAA. I am worried about a real disaster. I don't mean 16-17 again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom