Schedule Rumors | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

Just want a Penn State game. Just one. In the Dome. Big win. I get to rub it in my girlfriend's face. Dream scenario. Please?...

You can show her the YouTube video of us totally curb-stomping them the last time we played in the Dome.

Which, not coincidentally, was the very last time they ever scheduled a trip to the Dome.

But otherwise? NO THANK YOU.
We need to play the easiest, most beatable P5 programs we can.
NOT a perennial Top 25 program.

You can show her the YouTube video of us totally curb-stomping them the last time we played in the Dome.

Which, not coincidentally, was the very last time they ever scheduled a trip to the Dome.

You happily slept through that Greg Robinson game...

You happily slept through that Greg Robinson game...

Huh, what?
Did somebody say something?... ;)

e0ff1a35b70225f32e242aca3e4eb199.png

When Rob caught that first ball you knew the game was overwith
Im sure others were at practice as well but my Dad and i were at the game and he called it. Said they had been practicing all week

So that Colgate game completes our 2023 slate, looks like we have two openings for 2024 and one for 2025
If you assume we will schedule one home game against a FCS team each season (you should do that), then we really have 1 opening for 2024 and no openings for 2025.

If you take that perspective, we really only have one game of consequence to fill in the next 5 years.

There has been a vast change in scheduling since John Wildhack became the AD. I think scheduling has come a long way. Good to see.

Huh?

pretty sure the last psu game the day after The Express was released?

it was an epic beat down, but Gerg was the stompee, not the stomper

EVERY time I watch that first play, I think about how glad I am that Rob Moore’s route wasn't 2 feet to his right and tripping over that ref who fell.
I like watching the reaction of the lion in the end zone. Warms my heart every time.

If you assume we will schedule one home game against a FCS team each season (you should do that), then we really have 1 opening for 2024 and no openings for 2025.

If you take that perspective, we really only have one game of consequence to fill in the next 5 years.

There has been a vast change in scheduling since John Wildhack became the AD. I think scheduling has come a long way. Good to see.
I don’t remember being this far ahead of the curve.

I feel like we were scrambling to fill games for the coming and/or next season with limited options for a solid decade.

No openings in 2026 either right?. So whoever we schedule in 2024 would probably also include a game in 2027.

My guess is we try desperately to get that game home in 2024, when we already travel to Army. And road in 2027, when worst case we already travel to UConn.

I don’t remember being this far ahead of the curve.

I feel like we were scrambling to fill games for the coming and/or next season with limited options for a solid decade.
And when you are scrambling you sometimes have to take worse deals.

Kinda like traveling and you breakdown bigly and are forced to trade in on the spot to keep moving.

No openings in 2026 either right?. So whoever we schedule in 2024 would probably also include a game in 2027.

My guess is we try desperately to get that game home in 2024, when we already travel to Army. And road in 2027, when worst case we already travel to UConn.
Or think a bit different

Play Home in '24 and Away in '28. And '27 fill it home with another team...or act like a P5 and hook up a 2 for 1 with a G5 team and cover all 3 years.

or act like a P5 and hook up a 2 for 1 with a G5 team.

This would be ideal, but don't we in good faith have to schedule one P5 team per year?

We don't have one for 2024.