Sean Lewis No Longer Calling Plays At Colorado/Hired as New HC at San Diego State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Lewis No Longer Calling Plays At Colorado/Hired as New HC at San Diego State

Also, for the NE connections only crowd, he checks that box. Though I don't care about that part.
AL is the type of guy I could see Syracuse hiring, certainly was known as a solid NE recruiter back in the day. Would be interesting to see what his plan on the offensive side of the ball would be. Certainly a grizzled vet.

He could probably go cheap on the DC and make solid hire at OC. I am not against AL

Last edited:
AL is the type of guy I could see Syracuse hiring, certainly was known as a solid NE recruiter back in the day. Would be interesting to see what his plan on the offensive side of the ball would be. Certainly a grizzled vet.

He could probably go cheap on the DC and make solid hire at OC. I am not against AL
Can we get JerseyOrange out of retirement?

Yeah you’re probably right. I just don’t think we have to go cheap with either coordinator Anea and White I believe we’re making near 1,000,000 each if not more. I believe the counter offer to white was all of that and then some.

So we have the money. The question is if we’re going to pay it upfront or take a wait-and-see approach which won’t attract any off the shelf known coordinators

Last edited:
Yeah you’re probably right. I just don’t think we have to go cheap with either coordinator Anea and White I believe we’re making meat 1,000,000 each if not more. I believe the counter offer to white with all of that and then some.

So we have the money. The question is if we’re going to pay it upfront or take a wait-and-see approach which won’t attract any out of the box known coordinators
yeah sometimes it’s not even about the money when hiring assistants but more if the guy doing the hiring knows what he’s doing and who he is talking to. Golden probably has a pretty good network at this point.

if he gave in on offense like stoops and patterson, go for it.

shafer had the right idea with mcf-it but the only problem was that guy didn't actually know anything , i'm blanking on the ucla guy that he bought the offense from. mazzone?

He wouldn’t sweat as much in his shirt and tie here compared to Miami.
I'm hindsight he was not a fit for Miami

Someone like Deion is a fit for Miami

I know I said I want nothing to do with coordinators from PSU, Michigan, ND, Ohio State

But I could not hate it

I almost picked Deleted member 8116 for my name.

What are the odds?
There are 8116 deleted members?

The mind bottles.

if he gave in on offense like stoops and patterson, go for it.

shafer had the right idea with mcf-it but the only problem was that guy didn't actually know anything , i'm blanking on the ucla guy that he bought the offense from. mazzone?
McDonald was a fraud. Right idea but severe lack of due diligence.

Big reason why he got canned.

they had an offense scoring with an oline that couldn't block.

next 2 games that went for 230 and 330..

It was crazy at the time. But again, this is not going as planned for Prime. 35-7 and it’s not halftime yet.

Honestly, this may even help Lewis’ stock even more at this point. He had this team scoring and getting yards at least. They don’t even have that now. Shadeur is out injured now. It’s only going to get worse tonight.

It was crazy at the time. But again, this is not going as planned for Prime. 35-7 and it’s not halftime yet.

Honestly, this may even help Lewis’ stock even more at this point. He had this team scoring and getting yards at least. They don’t even have that now. Shadeur is out injured now. It’s only going to get worse tonight.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

The buzz around CO football is over. Ive been going to CU games for close to 40 years.
SU , NDSU , and CU are three programs i care about. I didn't like the Prime hire. Too many reasons to list.
If SU makes a change i hope that JW goes for substance over style.

The buzz around CO football is over. Ive been going to CU games for close to 40 years.
SU , NDSU , and CU are three programs i care about. I didn't like the Prime hire. Too many reasons to list.
If SU makes a change i hope that JW goes for substance over style.
He’s going to be fine if he stays. He will get the recruits. But coaching in the P5 is much different than HBCU. This year, they were the Super Bowl. You had clout if you beat them because of all the love they were getting. They had a target on there back. But last night he looked pretty defeated on the sidelines. Wasn’t into it at all, no emotion. Been a long year for him.

A big boy will be coming soon though, and he will have a decision to make. Although this wasn’t the results he wanted, there was progress. He brought in a ton of new talent. They increased the win output and they were better than they have been in a couple years. He will continue to build on that and build a great program. The problem is if he is going to hire coaches and fire coaches on a whim, other coaches are not going to want to work for him. He is a great motivator and great recruiter. But he is not an offensive or defensive coordinator. He is going to have to hire top coordinators for both sides of the ball, and that will prove difficult if your firing them in half a year even when they are extremely successful.

Primes all hat no saddle.

The saying is “big hat, no cattle”.

(although apparently “all hat, no cattle” is another version).

So, like Buss Patterson -
you were close. ;)

Shooting Star GIF