Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Sean Tucker On Returning In 2022/Play calling

Tucker has to take a look at portal opportunities. He could get to NYC if he was on the right team
Yeah, and he could fall off the map if he was on the wrong one. He has had a great season and it would be a task to duplicate it elsewhere. If he went to the SEC, he'd face SEC defenses every week and take an SEC beating every week. Grass ain't always greener. He has a great chance here own records of distinction and be healthier for the NFL. RBs are not the NFL priority they once were. And face it, QBs are winning the Heisman these days. Since 2000, only three non-quarterbacks won the Heisman. Here or someplace else, as good as ST is, he most likely will never sniff the Heisman, just like most every other great back.

It’s not the fans fault how we play. But knowing that some parents and players read this site and other social media sites, the constant negativity over and over and over about how bad everything is and there’s no hope because the coach sucks, the players suck, the school doesn’t support football etc etc. How Tucker should leave, how others should leave, why would a recruit come here, etc etc etc. It absolutely would make one wonder why do I want to be here with this kind of fan support? Some of the stuff posted is also made up or something people have no clue about. And it’s not about being critical, it’s about being over the top ridiculous. It’s not always what someone says but how they say it. And it gets tiring babysitting every thread and losing good posters.

BTW, none of this has anything to do with you. I just decided to use your post for my rant. LOL.
Once again, bees is the voice of reason.

Yeah, and he could fall off the map if he was on the wrong one. He has had a great season and it would be a task to duplicate it elsewhere. If he went to the SEC, he'd face SEC defenses every week and take an SEC beating every week. Grass ain't always greener. He has a great chance here own records of distinction and be healthier for the NFL. RBs are not the NFL priority they once were. And face it, QBs are winning the Heisman these days. Since 2000, only three non-quarterbacks won the Heisman. Here or someplace else, as good as ST is, he most likely will never sniff the Heisman, just like most every other great back.

Running yards are up all over the place, he’s great but good teams have good backs they’ve recruited. A lot different than taking a flier on a portal WR.

I don’t buy it. Like, at all.

You know what SU fans haven’t done? Made death threats to players when we’ve lost games.

We also haven’t thrown things on the field en masse, endangering players, coaches and staff.

We also have one of the most softball media in the nation.

You can wish that SU football fans turned out better. But saying that message board negativity is a factor in our program’s status is kind of ludicrous. One needs only to spend 10 minutes perusing the boards and Twitter of any other program to see that SU fans are remarkably tame.

Congratulations. You’re not a criminal.

I hope we have a roster before season ticket renewals. I’d be very careful about raising ticket prices. As far as I care, they can take ND completely out of the season ticket package. They don’t move the needle for me at all. Make it a single game ticket and really see how many tickets they sell. I bet not many.

Bingo, the board being used as a scapegoat held some validity a decade ago but in today's day and age with twitter, facebook, instagram and a million other social medical areas there's plenty of SU discussion beyond the few thousands nutjobs who post here. Parents and recruits have a right to be concerned but its more with why SU has an offense that passed for slightly over 100 yards in 3 games versus what tangent CousCuse is on this week or what the few diehards left are b&tching about this week.

You must have missed where I said this site and other social media sites?

I think it’s BS that these HS reporters are all reaching out to players about next year when we have a big game in 5 days. They couldn’t wait till Monday?
Why would be the responsibility of a journalist to care about the date of “the big game”? They have a job to do and it’s a legitimate question. Tucker can say no comment if he wants and/or the schools PR team can do their job.

Why would be the responsibility of a journalist to care about the date of “the big game”? They have a job to do and it’s a legitimate question. Tucker can say no comment if he wants and/or the schools PR team can do their job.

So they weren’t doing their job the past several weeks?

Bees, you’re spot on about a lot of this. And I wholeheartedly respect your opinion and fandom as much as anybody on this great forum.

And those things mentioned are absolutely a variable, to some degree.

But at the end of the day, I place fault on the staff, who no matter the reason why, is not meeting expectations. I should probably step back a bit bc my frustration’s are boiling over recently. Patience is gone.

Worst part is, there’s no question in my mind I’ll be there Saturday. And just like every year, I’ll be yelling until there ain’t nothin left to yell for.
Don’t piss down bees back and tell him it’s raining! Kid says he‘s pretty much coming back unless a coaching change which defeats the board narrative and people go rip , saying he’s still leaving! Such BS. This board is Twitter on steroids at this point FWIW. Get a grip

Last edited:
You must have missed where I said this site and other social media sites?
I actually am surprised people still care so much with so little to show for our fandom.

I’m a bit exhausted and petulant today about Syracuse because any time I see something I assume the worst bc when I get my hopes up with this program it never happens

Malaise has set in with me. I feel completely comfortable w that too. I will always care because I’m an alum and they are my team.

Blaming our board without some context on how other fandoms operate is inconclusive for me. I don’t hang around others but I assume it’s 95% as bad and 95% as irrational and 95% as good

I guess not.
can you answer why a journalist should care about the date of “the big game”?

Can you tell me why after we had other players go into the portal the media didn’t question others but now today they decide to ask several players whether they are coming back or not?

Can you tell me why after we had other players go into the portal the media didn’t question others but now today they decide to ask several players whether they are coming back or not?
why are you avoiding my question? It’s bizarre.

we have a one star player, You want the local journalists to NOT ask him if he’s going into the portal until Monday. Why?

why are you avoiding my question? It’s bizarre.

What’s bizarre is them asking players if they are returning when the season isn’t even over. And they should care about timing. It’s a question they could have asked any time during the season or after the season. But let’s stir the pot.

What’s bizarre is them asking players if they are returning when the season isn’t even over. And they should care about timing. It’s a question they could have asked any time during the season or after the season. But let’s stir the pot.
so you want the local journalists to be cheerleaders and not ”stir the pot”. It’s simply not their job to do what you are asking.

i legitimately don’t understand the issue.

so you want the local journalists to be cheerleaders and not ”stir the pot”. It’s simply not their job to do what you are asking.

i legitimately don’t understand the issue.

Who said cheerleaders? Again, why didn’t they asked before when we did lose players to the portal? Why not next Monday? It just dawned on them?

Thats why the thought of giving him 44 is ridiculous, he's not all in.

Ah yes, the wicked Syracuse media strikes again. I mean, I listen to a sports radio station who’s most popular show spent the past decade griping about the Patriots. But those guys are softies compared to the evil scribes in CNY.
I only listen to Beatle and Zo...Felger and Mazz are messed in the head.