SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

SELECTION SHOW - Commentary as It is Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, if you disagree with my take, fine. But this psuedo psycho-analytic BS is totally beside the point. We are all "emotional", but I'm not calling you out personally as having some dysfunctional perspective, based on nothing more than a different POV.
Get over yourself, Sigmund Freud...its not that serious.

Then let it go. Your ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Now I see first hand why others complain and get tired of your shtick. Just let it go dude - you made a nonsense post and I called you on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Guys about the road wins thing - we very easily could have been 0-13 away from home. That Clemson game was a good comeback then Tyus gets the WIDE open 3 because Clemson thought he was Roberson and the big man left him.

Then down by 16 to NCState with like 8 minutes and a heroic effort from Gillon.

This team was completely different at home.

This is completely on us, IMO
Agree. Should SU have gotten in over USC, or Wake, or Kansas State, or Providence? Possibly. Flip a coin. Last year we won, this year we lost.

Yep, my bad. Not exactly on fire though. Our team found itself and went .500.
How many tournament teams in those 10? I count 6 and 3 of the 4 that weren't tourney teams were away. Also if you look at the last 12, we are 7-5. All depend on how you want to look at the numbers. Which we already know, but I just thought I would point it out.

Duke
Ville 2x
G tech 2x
Wake
@Pitt
Clemson
VA
@NCST

But they werent blowouts, or against bad teams, like earlier in the season. I mean, you have games like Ben Lammers having a career-type game...it wasnt just SU **itting the bed. The NCAA should look more at the eye test of our current strength... the level of play was better than some teams that made it.

It was our interior defense pooping the bed.

We played poorly against, and were beaten by, too many bad teams. Period. There's nothing more beyond that.

I agree, but when we can add in our away/neutral road record it cements it.

It was our interior defense pooping the bed.

Yes, I watch Orange basketball when I can find the games, but watching us play defense this year usually made me cringe. A lot.

How many tournament teams in those 10? I count 6 and 3 of the 4 that weren't tourney teams were away. Also if you look at the last 12, we are 7-5. All depend on how you want to look at the numbers. Which we already know, but I just thought I would point it out.

Duke
Ville 2x
G tech 2x
Wake
@Pitt
Clemson
VA
@NCST

My post was in response to the notion that we were penalized for starting slow, and that the committee didn't recognize how we came together late in the season. The reality is that we had one very good stretch of play, and were mediocre the majority of the year.

Then let it go. Your ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Now I see first hand why others complain and get tired of your shtick. Just let it go dude -
Again...you're making it personal, when that has nothing to do with anything. Btw- please point out where anyone has "complained about my "schtick", as you call it. Here's a tip, just because you say it, doesn't make it true.
Make your points, stick to the argument, or go quietly into the night muttering incoherently. Its becoming increasingly obvious what your choice appears to be...to everyone apparently, but yourself.

So we should play Wake's OOC schedule. Take no chances on a loss. Going to 20 ACC games means we should play 1 dogs + the B1G game.

Sorry...
Wake's wins at Richmond and at Charleston were tougher games than our losses vs St John's, GTown, and Uconn.

While you're correct, I really hope that wasn't used as grounds to not invite us.

These things need to be determined on results.
Oh I don't think it was used in the deliberation - we still won those games - our 2-11 record is reason enough to leave us out.

But I was just pointing out that even in the 2 road games we won, vs. non tournament teams at that, we struggled.

This was a top 15 team at home, no doubt.

We got our doors blown off by South Carolina in Barclay's and lost to MIami there as well - both were very pro SU crowds. For some reason outside of the Dome just didn't work well for us this year!

So we should play Wake's OOC schedule. Take no chances on a loss. Going to 20 ACC games means we should play 1 dogs + the B1G game.
Wake played Villanova, Northwestern, Bucknell and Xavier OOC, all 4 of which made the tournament. SU played 2 OOC teams that made the tournament, Wisconsin and S. Carolina. So much for the argument that our OOC schedule was easier.

And we won 7 of our last 12, with 5 of those wins against tournament teams.

What amazes me is things like your message and the message you were replying to... amazing how many very different ways there are to look at this!!

ESPN won't stop talking about how we should've been in easily.
That's because the guys at ESPN watch games and know we are a good team the committee doesn't they look at our entire resume. The first half of our schedule we played so bad we would Ave been lucky to make the not. They can't overlook that and can't rule out we don't play like we did against St John's. This team hasn't been able to beat anyone away from the dome all year and I honestly couldn't see that changing in the tournament. Last year we got in because of our road record this we would have been out in the first round with another loss away from the dome

My post was in response to the notion that we were penalized for starting slow, and that the committee didn't recognize how we came together late in the season. The reality is that we had one very good stretch of play, and were mediocre the majority of the year.
Oh gotcha.

I agree with the 1 stretch of good games over a few weeks but I do wonder what that team could have done if our starting 2G didn't get derailed for 2 weeks with the flu just as he was hitting his stride.

2-11 on the road. Would have been the worst team to make the tourney. Get real cuse nation. Out if 32 games, we held our hat on 3 games. Gimme a break. There is this huge pretentious attitude on this board. For years we have been called out for a bad OOC . So, yes, this year, we played some good teams in the OOC. after that, 3 wins at home against top 20 teams? 2-11 on tbe road? Please gimme your argument.

We were going against USC... THEY HAD TWO GOOD WINS! THEY HAD 3 GOOD TEAMS IN THEIR ENTIRE CONFERENCE!

We had 6 wins vs top 50... We placed in the middle of a great conference with 10-8. We were 4th in conference wins against the top 6 ACC teams. We beat a two seed, a three seed and a 5 seed and we took another 2/3 seed to overtime.

Nobody says we had a great year, but you would need to be an imbecile to believe USC is better than SU.
Wake & KState are also not better than SU.

The bubble was very weak this year, you can't do the eye test on only one team. If you actually looked at the rest we wouldn't be talking right now.

Oh I don't think it was used in the deliberation - we still won those games - our 2-11 record is reason enough to leave us out.

But I was just pointing out that even in the 2 road games we won, vs. non tournament teams at that, we struggled.

This was a top 15 team at home, no doubt.

We got our doors blown off by South Carolina in Barclay's and lost to MIami there as well - both were very pro SU crowds. For some reason outside of the Dome just didn't work well for us this year!

Bleeping Barclays screwed us this season. It should have been like a home game, yet we couldnt do it there. Bleep Barclays even though its one of the 3 credit cards I have. :(

The show was sponsored by Capital One, another card I have. I wish stupid Barclays could switch sponsors for the name! ;)

Oh gotcha.

I agree with the 1 stretch of good games over a few weeks but I do wonder what that team could have done if our starting 2G didn't get derailed for 2 weeks with the flu just as he was hitting his stride.

Well, just about every team has guys fighting nagging injuries and illness all year. Bad timing for sure, but he was on the floor, and other guys needed to step up.

We had a two week run of 5-0... aside from that, 13-14.

Everyone should let that sink in.

But they werent blowouts, or against bad teams, like earlier in the season. I mean, you have games like Ben Lammers having a career-type game...it wasnt just SU **itting the bed. The NCAA should look more at the eye test of our current strength... the level of play was better than some teams that made it.
That happens on both sides. GIllon scores 43 against NC State and we win in OT. White has a career day against GT. USC almost beat UCLA in the tournament. We can nit pick all day long. We didn't get in and it's only because the bubble was so weak that we're even arguing about this.

Well, just about every team has guys fighting nagging injuries and illness all year. Bad timing for sure, but he was on the floor, and other guys needed to step up.

We had a two week run of 5-0... aside from that, 13-14.

Everyone should let that sink in.
That's fair.

But even before that we lost our 2 starting centers. How many teams do that and then put up the wins we did?

Not to mention Lydon playing hurt all year with his ankle.

Guys about the road wins thing - we very easily could have been 0-13 away from home. That Clemson game was a good comeback then Tyus gets the WIDE open 3 because Clemson thought he was Roberson and the big man left him.

Then down by 16 to NCState with like 8 minutes and a heroic effort from Gillon.

This team was completely different at home.

This is completely on us, IMO
well you can play that game the other way too... without the BS moving screen on TR... without ucon's ridiculous airball/foul...

We were going against USC... THEY HAD TWO GOOD WINS! THEY HAD 3 GOOD TEAMS IN THEIR ENTIRE CONFERENCE!

We had 6 wins vs top 50... We placed in the middle of a great conference with 10-8. We were 4th in conference wins against the top 6 ACC teams. We beat a two seed, a three seed and a 5 seed and we took another 2/3 seed to overtime.

Nobody says we had a great year, but you would need to be an imbecile to believe USC is better than SU.
Wake & KState are also not better than SU.

The bubble was very weak this year, you can't do the eye test on only one team. If you actually looked at the rest we wouldn't be talking right now.

We werent going against just USC. thats ignorant. Flat out USC did better than 2-11 on the road. Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom