Selection Sunday Thread | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Thread

Betting line at William Hill opened up SDSU -1.5 and has since moved to -2.5.
that is interesting. And if I must admit, a little upsetting

Loyola Chicago has a KenPom rating of a 2 or a 3 seed. It's not a guarantee Illinois gets past them or Georgia Tech IMO.

The committee loves to throw the really good mid-major teams in to that 7-10 seed range to see them go away early.

that is interesting. And if I must admit, a little upsetting
Listening to VSIN on the radio they have talked SDSU up quite a bit in the midst of this 14 game winning streak.

Who'd they play?

Who did they play in 2018?
Or George Mason in 2006? Or VCU in 2011? Or Wichita St in 2013? Or Butler in 2010 and 2011?

A number of teams with weaker schedules have had success the past 15 years.

I like Loyola a lot. Incredibly well coached, don't beat themselves etc. But there will be some teams that just have way too much firepower for them and if they get by GaTech then Illinois would be one of those teams. That's a really bad match-up for the Ramblers.

Money is flying in on UNC.
That game opened pick ‘em.
It’s now UNC -2.5.

I don’t think Wisconsin is bad.

Money is flying in on UNC.
That game opened pick ‘em.
It’s not UNC -2.5.

I don’t think Wisconsin is bad.
I like Wiscy in that one. The points are gravy.

I jumped on Va. Tech right now.
Florida is favored by 2.
I love VPI in that game.

How did Oklahoma State beat West Virginia twice in the last week on the road and on a neutral court, beat Baylor on a neutral court and get seeded 4th and West Virginia got seeded 3rd.

The more I look at it we are lucky and we could get smoked by WVU but Oklahoma State is better.

OSU pushed the tempo and ran the ball against Huggy Bear. Very smart. I think they are the better team but the Mountaineers have length and play D. If we make it past SDSU, how the refs call that game could be key.

This is kind of fun
I think if Louisville replaced Michigan State, then it would be a perfect selection.
Wichita State really belongs. They only had five losses. They are AAC regular champion. They beat Houston and bubble team Mississippi. Their two OOC losses are to Missouri and Oklahoma State by one and six points in early December. Their exit loss in the conference tournament is one point to Cincinnati. I will pick Wichita State, too, if I would be in the committee. On the other hand, Louisville is almost better than Michigan State in every aspect.

I think if Louisville replaced Michigan State, then it would be a perfect selection.
Wichita State really belongs. They only had five losses. They are AAC regular champion. They beat Houston and bubble team Mississippi. Their two OOC losses are to Missouri and Oklahoma State by one and six points in early December. Their exit loss in the conference tournament is one point to Cincinnati. I will pick Wichita State, too, if I would be in the committee. On the other hand, Louisville is almost better than Michigan State in every aspect.

Wrong. MSU had a down year yes, particular when you consider their pre-sesson ranking. But they beat three 1 seeds. Louisville did little. It was the right choice.

This is kind of fun
That column is textbook gaslighting.

Louisville didn’t miss the tournament because of Barnhart he is only one of 10 voters.

All these bracketlogists are always one person’s opinion. The committee voted as a group.

Louisville missed 7 conference games we missed 4 they missed the tournament because of that.

Forde is one of the media that hates Boeheim because Boeheim gives it back to him.

He probably also got denied from Newhouse as he loves to take shots at us.

Remember a couple of days ago when ESPN tried to get Duke into the tournament? Haha

Last edited:
Remember a couple of days aga when ESPN tried to get Duke into the tournament? Haha
Who can blame them? Duke is ratings magnet. Every year the highest ratings games are always involved with Duke on one side. Even UNC and Kentucky can't compete.

Listening to VSIN on the radio they have talked SDSU up quite a bit in the midst of this 14 game winning streak.
Those guys gush over west coast basketball like it’s the 80’s Big East. SU could be playing Dook and they would do a ten minute spot on BYU/Fresno St.

Those guys gush over west coast basketball like it’s the 80’s Big East. SU could be playing Dook and they would do a ten minute spot on BYU/Fresno St.

Totally agree. They have west coast bias for sure. Strange coming from people that bet on games. No room for bias when you're putting your money on the line.

This seems interesting.

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 2.23.13 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom