Selection Sunday Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Thread

Louisville is on standby till Tuesday at 9pm if any of the 68 teams pulls out for any reason Louisville slides in no matter the seed.
After 9pm Tuesday then no teams can be replaced and any cancellations result in no contests.
Seems kind of stupid that the deadline isn’t moved to Wednesday or Thursday for replacement teams.

I can’t believe we finished ahead of Michigan State in the S curve. They beat three top 10 teams in the final weeks of the season. I haven’t looked closer at their resume but I just assumed they’d be higher than us.
I know they have some big wins...they are likely better than their record...but they are 15-12 overall and 9-11 in conference.

Thats almost Duke-level bad.

How many times has an at learge made it with a losing conference record? ever?

I know they have some big wins...they are likely better than their record...but they are 15-12 overall and 9-11 in conference.

Thats almost Duke-level bad.

How many times has an at learge made it with a losing conference record? ever?

It's happened several times. We did in 17-18

Can St. Bonnies fans use this to crow about being “the best program in the state” again? Last time they did that, we went to the sweet 16.
St Bonaventure can start squawking when they get 39+ NCAA Tourney bids. We always sell ourselves short, IMO. St. Bonaventure is not in our league- literally, and figuratively!

Last edited:
Louisville is going to inherit a 4 seed or Whomever is playing Creighton is going to the sweet 16.

Seems kind of stupid that the deadline isn’t moved to Wednesday or Thursday for replacement teams.
I guess it would be unfair to the other team, who would all of a sudden have to play their first game with such short notice against a team they hadn't game planned for

This could be an all time gift draw like what Loyola had that year.

Imagine if we make the Elite 8 and its not Illinois? That pod of our region is very easy.

SD State is not a gimme.

But as Syracuse fans we should expect to beat WVU and then Houston/Rutty if we win the first game.
yeah I hear you I agree...there will be no gimmes at any stage. but with this bracket I think theres a chance for a run.

I think overall in a year where kentucky and duke didnt make the field...I expect a very wacky string of results...and for many unexpected results.

Betting line at William Hill opened up SDSU -1.5 and has since moved to -2.5.

My for fun final four is ACC redemption tour

Virginia, FSU
UNC, Cuse

Cuse over Virginia

I'll do a more serious bracket tomorrow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online