Selection Sunday Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Selection Sunday Thread

Video of me watching the Selection Show earlier:

nail biting then clap.gif

I can’t believe we finished ahead of Michigan State in the S curve. They beat three top 10 teams in the final weeks of the season. I haven’t looked closer at their resume but I just assumed they’d be higher than us.

They had a Net of 70

Avoiding play-in games is huge.

I think this year's team is worthy...and their resume isn't as good as it could've been due to many issues out of their control...but they've gelled and they ar dangerous. they deserve it.

I thought theyd get in but wasnt sure..., now part of me wonders if the committee actually took into account the JB-Buddy connection...maybe there was a bit of sentimentality there...its a great for tv story...and the human element of it all couldnt be bad for ratings. and woulda been extra sad for them if not in, i reckon.

How does being a replacement team work? I have LVille cousins and they are devastated. Plus, one got hospitalized today. And now she feels REALLY sick!
They replace the team who gets knocked out. I am not sure medically what gets a team knocked out. There was something about seven straight days of testing leading up to the tournament.

How does being a replacement team work? I have LVille cousins and they are devastated. Plus, one got hospitalized today. And now she feels REALLY sick!
Louisville is on standby till Tuesday at 9pm if any of the 68 teams pulls out for any reason Louisville slides in no matter the seed.
After 9pm Tuesday then no teams can be replaced and any cancellations result in no contests.

Louisville is on standby till Tuesday at 9pm if any of the 68 teams pulls out for any reason Louisville slides in no matter the seed.
After 9pm Tuesday then no teams can be replaced and any cancellations result in no contests.
One important clarification, the four named replacement teams only get in if a multi-bid conference team fails Covid. If a one bid conference team pulls out they will be replaced by the runner up in their conference.

I can’t believe we finished ahead of Michigan State in the S curve. They beat three top 10 teams in the final weeks of the season. I haven’t looked closer at their resume but I just assumed they’d be higher than us.
there net is very low

Man our draw is so much better than GaTechs
wow...every game will be a dogfight, most likely...but no baylor? no gonzaga? no michigan? no iowa (had visions of garza dropping a 50 burger on this squad somehow) no uva? no duke ? no kentucky? no kansas? no villanova? no florida state?

I dont think JB couldve drawn up a better (realistic) bracket himself.

Man our draw is so much better than GaTechs

This could be an all time gift draw like what Loyola had that year.

Imagine if we make the Elite 8 and its not Illinois? That pod of our region is very easy.

SD State is not a gimme.

But as Syracuse fans we should expect to beat WVU and then Houston/Rutty if we win the first game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom