Seth Greenberg on Duke offense | Syracusefan.com

Seth Greenberg on Duke offense

K has been complacent this season because of what Zion has allowed him to get away with. They were average at best when he missed games due to injury. It's a very tough task to take him away.

Seth is right on the money. Coach K deserves criticism for the fact he has NBA talent and he can’t run a good offense.
We get on JB but he doesn’t have the talent K has wasted.

Seth had several fantastic tweets last night about the situation. I became a fan.

On Duke's final possession both Zion and Barrett pushed their UCF counterparts to the ground and neither got called. I keep coming back to the fact that is not a missed call, not really. Pushing someone to the ground gets called 100 times out of 100, and for good reason. Basketball becomes a pretty stupid game when you can do that.

Having it happen twice in one possession and neither get called really invalidates the outcome of the game and the tournament itself.

College basketball already has enough problems with the shady off the court machinations that funnels the best players to Duke and UK. They cant afford this. Nobody wants to watch a farce.

It's honestly a blessing that coach K Anand Cal are so bad at coaching. If Beileien, Wright, Boeheim or a couple others got that talent it would be like watching the Harlem Globe Trotters play the Washington Generals every game.

Seth had several fantastic tweets last night about the situation. I became a fan.

On Duke's final possession both Zion and Barrett pushed their UCF counterparts to the ground and neither got called. I keep coming back to the fact that is not a missed call, not really. Pushing someone to the ground gets called 100 times out of 100, and for good reason. Basketball becomes a pretty stupid game when you can do that.

Having it happen twice in one possession and neither get called really invalidates the outcome of the game and the tournament itself.

College basketball already has enough problems with the shady off the court machinations that funnels the best players to Duke and UK. They cant afford this. Nobody wants to watch a farce.

It's honestly a blessing that coach K Anand Cal are so bad at coaching. If Beileien, Wright, Boeheim or a couple others got that talent it would be like watching the Harlem Globe Trotters play the Washington Generals every game.

SPOT ON. Game is a farce now that its all out in the open and nothing is done

An even bigger criticism of K in the game last night is the fact that Duke passed up several opportunities to foul Tacko Fall when UCF was in the bonus. Fall is a 36% FT shooter. That was coaching malpractice at its best.

He's going to get fired. He is forgetting that his current employer is in on the Duke, KY tilt in the game.

That’s what happens when you sell your soul to the TV networks for every available penny. Funny thing: they expect compelling matchups in the games they paid top $ for, and that does not include a sweet 16 without Duke and Zion.

I bet K and Cal before him that consistently get so many one and doners coach less offense now on purpose. The players don't have time to learn it before they leave. It's the teams that get the four year developmental players that will run better offenses.

I doubt K forgot how to coach. I think it has been a strategic decision to sacrifice coaching and development and ride the one and doner's talent. We've seen it work well for him with one NC so far and not so well with a couple early exits. It' a gamble.

I went back and looked again and Barrett’s push was not that egregious

I thought Barrett’s rebound of the missed FT was as much attributable to a lazy box out as to an overt push.

I thought Zions foray into the lane was more questionable. Clearly he was fouled by Taco Bell, but I thought he bull rushed and pushed straight through the initial defender. I really have a hard time understanding what is a foul and what isn’t. Not to mention understanding whether the ambiguous rules that I don’t understand are being applied consistently, which I’m pretty certain they aren’t.

Last edited:
Fact of the matter is Zion’s drive was either a charge or a block. Needs to be a whistle.

Barrett’s positioning on the rebound wasn’t a foul, looking back.

Doesn't have to be egregious if you're already off of the ground. It's why pushing someone who's in the air on the fastbreak is seen as an ill intended move. There's no telling how far you'll be thrown off even with a simple touch.

Did y’all see how far the UCF guy ended up under the basket? He was pushed once airborne and had no shot at the rebound. The refs cannot swallow the whistle there. And Jones was riding the UCF guard on the last play...easily could have been called a foul. And of course there’s the Zion clearout going to the hoop. I almost never complain about the refs but I was pissed to see those kids get robbed in what was a very fun game to watch. Dawkins kid was very impressive.

Did y’all see how far the UCF guy ended up under the basket? He was pushed once airborne and had no shot at the rebound. The refs cannot swallow the whistle there. And Jones was riding the UCF guard on the last play...easily could have been called a foul. And of course there’s the Zion clearout going to the hoop. I almost never complain about the refs but I was pissed to see those kids get robbed in what was a very fun game to watch. Dawkins kid was very impressive.
If UCF doesn’t throw the ball away up 4 they probably win easily

Seth is entertaining and a good X and O analyst. But he drips with jealously and disdain for many of the coaches who dominated him during his coaching days inflicting beating after beating. That includes K and JB.

I really hope Buzz is smart enough to realize he doesn't need to guard Goldwire and Jones. Teams need to play high school Girard defense on Zion.

2010 NBA finals defense the Lakers used vs. Rondo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom