Seth Greenberg on Duke offense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Seth Greenberg on Duke offense

... I thought Zions foray into the lane was more questionable. Clearly he was fouled by Tacko Fall, but I thought he bull rushed and pushed straight through the initial defender. I really have a hard time understanding what is a foul and what isn’t. Not to mention understanding whether the ambiguous rules that I don’t understand are being applied consistently, which I’m pretty certain they aren’t.

I feel like Duke gets the benefit of lots of questionable calls, but those calls saved my bracket :) Seriously, though, the call on the Zion play doesn't seem that bad, when seen from the angle of this video. And Tacko Fall was clearly in the restricted area arc when Zion bumped into him. Isn't that supposed to be an automatic block call?

Zion.jpg

The choice of going with Robinson over Dawkins for the last play was interesting. Was it because Robinson was a 5th year senior? Better driver? Better at drawing a foul?

I feel like Duke gets the benefit of lots of questionable calls, but those calls saved my bracket :) Seriously, though, the call on the Zion play doesn't seem that bad, when seen from the angle of this video. And Tacko Fall was clearly in the restricted area arc when Zion bumped into him. Isn't that supposed to be an automatic block call?

View attachment 157450

Initial defender is sitting on the floor where he ended up after Zion pushed through him to get to the hoop where he was then fouled by Taco. You have to ignore the initial contact (block/charge/flop-no call) in order for him to have been fouled by Taco.

Initial defender is sitting on the floor where he ended up after Zion pushed through him to get to the hoop where he was then fouled by Taco. You have to ignore the initial contact (block/charge/flop-no call) in order for him to have been fouled by Taco.

Although the video is a little choppy, the first defender seemed to be flopping, to exaggerate the contact.

Coach K has been bad this year and recent seasons. They don't maximize the talent they have.

When we won at Cameron, it was obvious K wasn't doing the best for his team. Not giving Zion the ball on every single possession in that game when he was literally unstoppable was plain stupid.

Coach K has been bad this year and recent seasons. They don't maximize the talent they have.

When we won at Cameron, it was obvious K wasn't doing the best for his team. Not giving Zion the ball on every single possession in that game when he was literally unstoppable was plain stupid.
Bad? How can this possibly be correct? People can hate Duke all they want but saying Duke and K were bad this year is silly. You cannot give your best player the ball every possession. Not coach in the history of the game has done that.

Bad? How can this possibly be correct? People can hate Duke all they want but saying Duke and K were bad this year is silly. You cannot give your best player the ball every possession. Not coach in the history of the game has done that.
They weren't running their offense though him that game. It's not like we were denying him the ball, they just weren't looking that way as often as needed.

Either way, a team with this type of talent shouldn't have the struggles they've had at times.

They weren't running their offense though him that game. It's not like we were denying him the ball, they just weren't looking that way as often as needed.

Either way, a team with this type of talent shouldn't have the struggles they've had at times.

Eh he was 12-20 for 35 points. They ran enough through him.

View attachment 157450
Has anybody talked about Tacko's foul? I thought the two issues were the first push by Zion and then the Barrett shove. Seems Tacko definitely fouled him and Zion made a ridiculous shot.

Eh he was 12-20 for 35 points. They ran enough through him.
Jack White took 10 3's. NUFF SAID ;)

I just recall Zion getting the ball and scoring any time he wanted and either our D completely shut him down in the 2nd/OT, or they stopped going to him. He was doing work through everybody even when getting the ball outside the 3pt line. He couldn't be stopped, but the ball didn't go through him enough. That's all.

But we won and that was our season's best achievement, so I'm glad it worked out as it did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom