Class of 2020 - Seth Towns | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Seth Towns

FWIW, Seth Towns against Power 5 conferences:

15 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists per game on 52% TS% (40% from 2 point range and 43.5% from 3 point range and 64% from the FT). This all based on 4 games over a 2 year stretch though, so there's some serious noise in there (for example, he went 10/14 from 3 against Kentucky and Boston College and 0/9 in the other two games lol).

What are we putting odds of Hughes leaving at?

100%? 99.9%? 75%? 50-50?

Really curious to hear. Still don't think he's a 1st rounder. Could play his way there next year with a better team and more exposure.
If he is not a first rounder now, I don't think one more year (as. 5th year) will make a difference.

Last edited:
FWIW, Seth Towns against Power 5 conferences:

15 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists per game on 52% TS% (40% from 2 point range and 43.5% from 3 point range and 64% from the FT). This all based on 4 games over a 2 year stretch though, so there's some serious noise in there (for example, he went 10/14 from 3 against Kentucky and Boston College and 0/9 in the other two games lol).
I put zero in to those numbers. How many top flight guys were on his team that the other schools had to worry about to defend?

I put zero in to those numbers. How many top flight guys were on his team that the other schools had to worry about to defend?

I wouldn't really read anything bad into them; if there is a takeaway from it it should be that he's capable of playing with the big boys.

His FG% at the rim against Ivy Leaguers is a bit concerning, but it is what it is. I'd happily take him and Tape warts and all.

Other than he’s older, I’ve seen nothing leading me to believe Hughes is going to announce for the draft.

Hopefully he goes. Stock will never be higher.

(I say hopefully, for his own sake)

I think we are in good shape for this kid if Hughes leaves
If we're in good shape then why have we heard nothing the last few weeks?

If we're in good shape then why have we heard nothing the last few weeks?
Seriously? Let me count the ways. 1. Hughes has not left. If he decides not to leave, we don't move forward on towns. 2. Towns is working hard right now on getting his degree. That is the most important thing to him right now. The timing between the 2, almost couldn't have worked better for us. Surprisingly, these things have their own time tables. Not ours.

He's currently projected to not even sniff the second round of the draft much less the first. The idea of him leaving this year is based on the fact that he's graduating and might want to just give it a shot this year and go get paid in Europe if he doesn't make it.

I don't get it. He has more offensive tools than a lot of guys who are projected.

Saw a review: mostly complimentary. Some stuff about taking bad shots. Thought he would be a 2nd RD or FA and likely NBA contributor

Been almost no news on Seth Towns for 30 or some days. Are we still interested? Is he interested In SU? Is Ohio State viewed as a leader for him?

Can we put our best recruiter on this one please? Is that too much to ask of Dior at this point?
It is, he will never play with Towns. Towns eligibility will expire before DJ arrives

It is, he will never play with Towns. Towns eligibility will expire before DJ arrives
I should've used my sarcasm font. I see positive changes being made on the football side and wonder why we can't see similar changes or investments over here.

Reallllly want this kid. Also reallllly need this kid. If we land this kid and a decent grad transfer big with what we most likely have coming back next year I’ll feel a lot better.
Ideally and realistically this is where we could be to start the season next year:
PG-JG3
SG-Buddy
SF-Towns
PF-Marek
C- (hopefully grad transfer)

Bench:
in the rotation
Quincy
Sidibe
Carey (transfer candidate)
Goodine/Richmond (whoever wins out)

minimal minutes
Newton
Goodine/Richmond (whoever loses this battle)
JBA
Edwards (Ideally redshirts)
Washington (transfer candidate)
Braswell (Transfer candidate)

Think there is a pretty good possibility Washington and Braswell Transfer and almost a certainty that Hughes goes pro. That’s where I think we stand right now and what the staff ideally wants/sees.

Reallllly want this kid. Also reallllly need this kid. If we land this kid and a decent grad transfer big with what we most likely have coming back next year I’ll feel a lot better.
Ideally and realistically this is where we could be to start the season next year:
PG-JG3
SG-Buddy
SF-Towns
PF-Marek
C- (hopefully grad transfer)

Bench:
in the rotation
Quincy
Sidibe
Carey (transfer candidate)
Goodine/Richmond (whoever wins out)

minimal minutes
Newton
Goodine/Richmond (whoever loses this battle)
JBA
Edwards (Ideally redshirts)
Washington (transfer candidate)
Braswell (Transfer candidate)

Think there is a pretty good possibility Washington and Braswell Transfer and almost a certainty that Hughes goes pro. That’s where I think we stand right now and what the staff ideally wants/sees.
Gotta think if Goodine loses out to Richmond next year, he could leave.

minimal PT next year
As a JR, he’d have JR Girard, SO Richmond (who he already lost out to) and SR Buddy
Then his SR year in comes Dior to pair with SR Girard and Kadary is a JR

hope I’m wrong but if Goodine can’t beat out Kadary next year, hard to see him doing much here unless Buddy/Kadary play the 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom