Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was only a top 75 player, maybe 100. Not sure why there is revisionist history. He was never billed as a stud.
Wasn’t he the Ohio player of the year? I seem to remember valid reason to be excited

Pretty sure it was Connecticut where his prep school was.
Moyer was the Connecticut player of the year after playing his senior year at South Kent (transferred from the Columbus, OH area). He never showed a great feel for the game at the college level, which was also the downfall of recent underwhelming highly ranked recruits, Kaleb Joseph and Jalen Carey. All 3 were plenty athletic, and had certain skill sets that made them attractive recruits, and hence the expectations.
Benny definitely appears to be another notch up as a prospect, and therefore that much more likely to transition well, but no guarantees as we saw with Kentucky’s freshman class.
On the other hand, Woody Newton exceeded most reasonable expectations, bummer to hear he may be moving on. He’ll succeed somewhere.

Definitely not he is starter from day one! Carmeloish type
Who knows with Jim’s loyalty to returning players! Sounds crazy, but if there was one coach who wouldn’t start their absolute phenom freshman, it may be our coach! Lol either way he will play 25 mins on avg I bet

Who knows with Jim’s loyalty to returning players! Sounds crazy, but if there was one coach who wouldn’t start their absolute phenom freshman, it may be our coach! Lol either way he will play 25 mins on avg I bet
If everyone comes back, it will be interesting to se how it all gets worked out. Competition at all positions is great for the team. May the best players get the most minutes.

He has always started great players, DC started as a freshman. Pearl started, Wallace, Billy Owens.

He has always started great players, DC started as a freshman. Pearl started, Wallace, Billy Owens.
Those names... that was Early Jim. Back when we played man.
You can maybe draw a line with the Dion Waiters era...

Depends on what gets promised during recruiting. I'm nearly 100% certain JAB doesn't promise minutes, but he certainly promises starting jobs to the right guys regardless of what he says publicly.

I'm also pretty certain that QG is gone and the expectation from day 1 was that he was a only a 2-year player. Benny was probably recruited with that expectation.

Huh??

So - these guys didn't start as Freshmen?

Tyler Ennis
CMAC (and Kaleb - ok, not so great of a comp)
Mali
Tyus
OSB
JGIII

Huh??

So - these guys didn't start as Freshmen?

Tyler Ennis
CMAC (and Kaleb - ok, not so great of a comp)
Mali
Tyus
OSB
JGIII
You said "always." I noted one very notable exception. We also have a current notable exception. I didn't say some/most good players didn't start.

Also, there's the matter of context. Who is the incumbent at the position?

Depends on what gets promised during recruiting. I'm nearly 100% certain JAB doesn't promise minutes, but he certainly promises starting jobs to the right guys regardless of what he says publicly.

I'm also pretty certain that QG is gone and the expectation from day 1 was that he was a only a 2-year player. Benny was probably recruited with that expectation.
Yeah, it did seem that JB promised starting positions. Was Craig Forth one of those guys?

Yeah, it did seem that JB promised starting positions. Was Craig Forth one of those guys?
I don't think so, but Fab and Dajuan Coleman (Rak Christmans too) both started a lot as freshman only to play a handful of minutes and then be replaced by BMK.

There is some truth to that but if he's the phenom we think he may be then coach will play him just like the others. Pretty much a lot of it depends on who is coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.