Class of 2021 - SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SF Benny Williams (MD / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh??

So - these guys didn't start as Freshmen?

Tyler Ennis
CMAC (and Kaleb - ok, not so great of a comp)
Mali
Tyus
OSB
JGIII
Heck even Rakeem Christmas did if I remember right, got subbed out 30 seconds in, but he did start

Craig Forth was 4 year starter as well if I recall

Definitely not he is starter from day one! Carmeloish type

hes not carmelo, (very very few are) but should start. I think he will play in the league a long time.

So I worry sometimes that "scores at all 3 levels" is more often just a thing that's said, instead of a legitimate evaluation of a player's game.

Definitely curious to see how well all that skill transfers. I thought Bazley was going to be our next great does it all forward, but it's going to be Benny.

So I worry sometimes that "scores at all 3 levels" is more often just a thing that's said, instead of a legitimate evaluation of a player's game.

Definitely curious to see how well all that skill transfers. I thought Bazley was going to be our next great does it all forward, but it's going to be Benny.

Two very different players. Bazley was an incredible ball handler for a 6-8 guy, and a very good passer / play maker for others. Despite being skinny, he was also an above average rebounder. But not much of a shooter.

Benny has better offense / shooting than Bazley at the same stage, along with some versatility [not on Bazley's level in terms of the handle, though].

Both are in the same ball park athletically.

Two very different players. Bazley was an incredible ball handler for a 6-8 guy, and a very good passer / play maker for others. Despite being skinny, he was also an above average rebounder. But not much of a shooter.

Benny has better offense / shooting than Bazley at the same stage, along with some versatility [not on Bazley's level in terms of the handle, though].

Yeah, Bazley's rebounding seems to be a legit NBA skill, he's averaging 7.5 boards a game this season. Pretty good.

Bazley was considered a good shooter out of hs

hes not carmelo, (very very few are) but should start. I think he will play in the league a long time.
ish ish
i dont think he'll have that kinda impact but i think he'll start and have a impact.
i just really hope our team isnt gutted in the offseason

ish ish
i dont think he'll have that kinda impact but i think he'll start and have a impact.
i just really hope our team isnt gutted in the offseason

sure but the gap between carmelo and an impact freshman is huge

Benny said that he has been recruiting the players the staff has told him to recruit. Hopefully they see a need at guard and tell him to go hard at Tyty
Why in the world would Tyty come here knowing Kadary couldn't overthrow Joe to start? I would love if he did...but I can't imagine a scenario where he would want to come here knowing who is on the roster already.

Why in the world would Tyty come here knowing Kadary couldn't overthrow Joe to start? I would love if he did...but I can't imagine a scenario where he would want to come here knowing who is on the roster already.
Ssssshhhhhh...we’ll plant a story about Kadary in the papers. We cut him loose on account of something. We’ll say Joe asked JB to have Kadary start over him, but Kadary’s knee prevented it. Joe will come out smelling like a rose...and doughnuts. We land Tyty. He plays 10 minutes a game, all is right with the world. Don’t mess it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.