Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke has offered according to Corey Evans. Scratch him off the list.
Yeah, so, I'm not saying I want K's back to hurt, but if it did, and he hung it up, I'd feel OK about it and probably forget that he retired for a reason that is pretty crappy to live through.

Not throwing in the towel. Yes we're up against the allure of Puke, but he did give the "dream school" kiss of death. Cole wears orange, baby.

I guess Jordan Tucker is going to be a one and done then?? (Yeah right) He shouldn't have picked Duke and this is exactly why. They'll recruit over him.

prolly gotta really focus on Frankie P now

Please no. We can do better.

Also, come on guys, we cant give up on every player that Duke offers. Maybe we have really good relationship with this kid. Not every kid is a drama queen.

Btw - something worth mentioning but Quade Green is so into himself on social media it is not even funny. Ive never seen someone so egotistical. Those are the type of kids you stear clear from when Uk comes calling. We dont need to get on tilt for losing two kids like that to duke and uk. Every situation is unique.

I'm not following but yes many strange things are posted and I'm sure I'm part of that.
I was referring to the post you were responding to. I agree its ridiculous to say a kid who hasnt played a practice will be recruited over and relegated to the bench.

My apologies for the lack of clarity.

Last edited:
Please no. We can do better.

Also, come on guys, we cant give up on every player that Duke offers. Maybe we have really good relationship with this kid. Not every kid is a drama queen.

Btw - something worth mentioning but Quade Green is so into himself on social media it is not even funny. Ive never seen someone so egotistical. Those are the type of kids you stear clear from when Uk comes calling. We dont need to get on tilt for losing two kids like that to duke and uk. Every situation is unique.
Seriously...do we all forget that we did get Tyus, when Duke offered him as well!

No i was referring to the post you were responding to. I agree its ridiculous to say a kid who hasnt played a practice will be recruited over.

My apologies for the lack of clarity.
I was being sarcastic. But my point is that if both are SFs, where is Cole's playing time going to come from if he chooses Duke? He'd be competing with a sophomore year Tucker. Or Tucker may lose playing time to Cole or some freshman 5-star. My point is that Duke is creating a logjam and one player will displace the other. Like JB, K doesn't usually run a deep bench.

I think Swider is the type of kid we could still get from Duke if he decided SU was a better basketball option for him. He doesn't seem like an overly social media obsessed type or attention monger. That said Duke has enough pull to get him to come on an unofficial visit. I wouldn't say he's 100% out yet. We still need to see what happens at our elite camp and the week that follows.

So, what they offered, most of you think that they grab anyone they want. We should be fighting to the end. Since they choose to play this game we should to. Everyone they offer should get an offer from CUSE. Don’t we mop them every time we see them? We should stop fearing the bag man, go after who we want. Last time I checked we are in the ACC as well

I was being sarcastic. But my point is that if both are SFs, where is Cole's playing time going to come from if he chooses Duke? He'd be competing with a sophomore year Tucker. Or Tucker may lose playing time to Cole or some freshman 5-star. My point is that Duke is creating a logjam and one player will displace the other. Like JB, K doesn't usually run a deep bench.

How do you think college bball works when teams have 13 scholarship kids? Duke is always going to be 2 deep at every position with 4/5* guys. I don't think Tucker assumed that they would only recruit some scrubs on the wing while he's there. They are well aware that they will need to compete in order to get on the floor.

I'd rather be competing against Duke and Kentucky for recruits than say Vanderbilt or Iowa State for example. Just my two cents...

Let's see how this plays out...

I agree but we have to win one of these battles. Gerry needs a big W in the worst way.

I think Swider is the type of kid we could still get from Duke if he decided SU was a better basketball option for him. He doesn't seem like an overly social media obsessed type or attention monger. That said Duke has enough pull to get him to come on an unofficial visit. I wouldn't say he's 100% out yet. We still need to see what happens at our elite camp and the week that follows.

Our Elite Camp this year is perhaps our most important one. Really need it to go smoothly and, frankly, for everyone to be showing the invitees nothing but positivity. Need to show the school in the best possible light and to really make it clear to Swider he is at the top of our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom