Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crap is on Jim Boeheim.

If we don't get Carey we will have another subpar recruiting season.

This issue has been debated for months, even longer. JB is at the end of his career. He still has plenty of cache, but recruits aren't dumb. They know he's an aging coach ready to play golf. He doesn't offer much in the way of new gimmicks to attract recruits. And then there's always "SU plays the zone" thing. We lost Hop -- our chief recruiter and younger connection to recruits -- so a lot now falls on the rest of the staff. The Swider decision isn't crippling, but not surprising. The summer recruiting period and this fall will tell us a lot more, and perhaps determine the length of JB's coaching career.

Nova already signed Brandon Slater as well. They are crushing us on the trail.

And both Slater and Swider go to high schools where we've gotten kids before (we didn't offer Slater but Red did show some interest).

So I just got this text, from my guy, Jay Wright's friend. I was busting his chops about telling me ten days ago through another friend that Nova was out. A lot of help it does me now:
--------------------
Forgot to tell you that. Saw Jay in ocean city last Saturday and he said Nova or dook. And he had just gotten a call that kid left dook without committing so Jay felt good about it. That's another good get for Jay
-----------------------
"that kid" is Swider.

Swider is headed to Nova, told Jay Wright last night, hopefully the info is incorrect
We did everything possible recruiting Cole, great visit, got along great w/ the guys on the team
This is not on us, Swider picking Nova and considering Xavier tells one that he does not think he is good enough to play in the ACC,
it just doesn't make any sense.

I guess on a Positive note for 2018, we have Elijah Hughes, Taj Harris, and assumption is Buddy B will be joining the squad.

We need to lock in Jalen C and Darius today - praying !! Plus Nate Roberts

If - big if - 2018 is Carey, Bazley, Roberts, Buddy B with Elijah & Taj - I would be thrilled.
Buddy does not count as a scholarship & Taj is a football ticket

2018 - Please make it happen

Jalen Carey
Howard Washington Jr.
Elijah Hughes
Frank Howard
Bourama Sidibe
Darius Bazley
Nate Roberts
Buddy Boeheim *
Oshae Brissett
Paschal Chu
Taj Harris *
Matt Moyer
Marek Dolezaj

Battle NBA and who knows with TT

2019 - Lock up Quincy Guerrier & Kahlif Battle ASAP and either Kofi Cockburn or Aidan Igiehon. Have we offered Kahlif yet?????

We should have Brandon Randolph and Isaiah Washington on our team right now - horrible

Depressing but have to remain positive

Go Cuse - in HOF JB we trust

And both Slater and Swider go to high schools where we've gotten kids before (we didn't offer Slater but Red did show some interest).

Nova is still the bright shiny object. National title. Dynamic coach. We played in the NIT last year, our coach is near retirement and the Dome aging.

Nova already signed Brandon Slater as well. They are crushing us on the trail.

Thats what should happen post Natl title and constantly being a top 10-15 team. Go there and you're guaranteed to win 25 games and play in the tourney.

When we don't go after the top 10 kids losing top 50 priority recruits sucks.

This isn't meltdown worthy but damn what a freaking killer for us.

Are casting wider nets beyond Bazley or King?
Roberts

This issue has been debated for months, even longer. JB is at the end of his career. He still has plenty of cache, but recruits aren't dumb. They know he's an aging coach ready to play golf. He doesn't offer much in the way of new gimmicks to attract recruits. And then there's always "SU plays the zone" thing. We lost Hop -- our chief recruiter and younger connection to recruits -- so a lot now falls on the rest of the staff. The Swider decision isn't crippling, but not surprising. The summer recruiting period and this fall will tell us a lot more, and perhaps determine the length of JB's coaching career.
Good post. I fear things won't get better until JB calls it a day. Losing Hop, especially the way it went down, is a killer.

Can we recruit guys besides power forwards? It's ridiculous at this point. Then it'll be February and people will blame the system for the reasons we can't score.

I know "44" is a legendary number, but how about targeting some other numbers? Does every recruit have to be a 4? It's getting to be a farce.

When you look back over the last several years, we haven't won many major recruiting battles. Only one that comes to mind is Battle. The ability to be able to land a blue chip PG for 2018 will be telling.

Technically, we lost Battle but Mr. Battle intervened and saved us.

Brissett, Moyer, and Marek...3 freshman forwards, all of which were solid recruits. Given the potential playing time logjam at forward, I'm not surprised or worried that we'd miss out on a forward.

It's Guard where we need to be able to bring in a big time player.

Again, we don't close. Is anyone comfortable with the current situation? Looking like we will miss Hop more than we think. That being the case, did the AD make the right call?

Good post. I'm not sure I agree with that last sentence though. JB will go for as long as he wants. This recruiting cycle is paramount to how well we will do but JB will never just leave because we are falling off.

Brissett, Moyer, and Marek...3 freshman forwards, all of which were solid recruits. Given the potential playing time logjam at forward, I'm not surprised or worried that we'd miss out on a forward.

It's Guard where we need to be able to bring in a big time player.

We still lost a good player are you cool with that? Who can shoot the ball on this team?

We still lost a good player are you cool with that?

Like I said in other words already, a player at a position that we have three guys just one class above him, is likely going elsewhere. So yeah, assuming Moyer, Marek, and Brissett can all play, I'm cool with that. It's not like 4 guys would get playing time at two spots, anyway.

Like I said in other words already, a player at a position that we have three guys just one class above him, is likely going elsewhere. So yeah, assuming Moyer, Marek, and Brissett can all play, I'm cool with that. It's not like 4 guys would get playing time at two spots, anyway.

Can any of current forwards make a jump shot?

Good post. I'm not sure I agree with that last sentence though. JB will go for as long as he wants. This recruiting cycle is paramount to how well we will do but JB will never just leave because we are falling off.

Well, if he senses it might be time for a fresh face, that could change things. It will be up to him, but pressure will mount if the program isn't successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom