Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I was your spirit guide, where did we go wrong.
I don’t remember the tipping point, but something you said broke me. I think we are thoroughly at odds on James Arthur Boeheim. Love the avatar though.

I don’t remember the tipping point, but something you said broke me. I think we are thoroughly at odds on James Arthur Boeheim. Love the avatar though.
Regarding Swider. We are going to put 2 guys on the floor, Buddy and Benny,(the Buddy and Benny show), who are going to draw all the defense can muster to try to stop them. The other forward position is a gift wrapped stat sheet with a cherry on top for any good player. So, there is probably guys begging to get minutes at that spot, we're in the drivers seat. It will also allow the center to get a lot of lobs and easy inside shots. All of this will allow the point guard to have a career season, whether it's Joe or Symir or both on the floor. I believe this will be one of the highest scoring potent offenses Syracuse has ever had.

I just don’t get this. Seems like all anybody remembers is the last 10 minutes. This guy was our best player for a good part of the year. Why in God’s name would you give up on him? Ridiculous.

When we played our best basketball he was a role player. I think Swider is a better fit.

I just don’t get this. Seems like all anybody remembers is the last 10 minutes. This guy was our best player for a good part of the year. Why in God’s name would you give up on him? Ridiculous.
if you could have 30 players on a roster would be nice...but spots are limited and these guys all wanna go somehwere they will get big minutes...which is fair. griffin is good enough to start somehwere. at some point both sides have to take a leap of faith...

given how players can leave at any moment...teams oughta be able to re-evaluate a player fit in the off-season.. AG had flashes but didnt show enough to instill confidence that he will ever be able to really get the job done at the level the team needs when it matters. hes far from a proven commodity at this point, imo. I would prefer a replacement and that he stay on the team as a backup...but if he didnt want that then i would still prefer a replacement. i would choose swider over griffin.

not giving up on AG but a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and he was a weak link too many times last season.. I wouldnt ask him to leave, i think he has amazing potential. But its too big of a risk to have him locked in next season as the incumbant starter, imo. the team has a right to look out it for its best interests, especially in this climate of free agency.

Agreed. I would be curious how this impacts Jimmy Jr. I always want the better talent overall so give me Swider first. If Woody happened to decide to come back you have a logjam of talent at F then and possibly C if Frank does too. Not sure at that point Jimmy even makes sense.
It would be nice to have 9 or 10 solid guys on the roster, especially in this new era. It's a long season and the last few years have had players miss games for injury or illness.

I know he projects as a stretch 4 and love another weapon from 3, but seems like he has some anility to get inside and post up too. We have lacked finishers inside and maybe he plays sosomsosome of thathat role especially when JG3 and Buddy are on the floor. Excited about this possibility

Honestly the only team based on reading social media that would concern me here is Wisky. Rutgers doesn't seem a good fit to me but who knows. Indiana just going through a coaching change. We were in till the end the first go around so I see us as hard to beat here unless all the sudden everyone decides to come back

i think Indiana is being the PITA.

he’s unreliable

just like guys with chronic injuries it’s hard to plan to feature then

??? In the most important games of the year, he was useless. I don't talk like that but it is the only word that can be used. Game after game, he had to be taken out. And in the games he did well earlier in the year, the ball just stopped when it went to him., You are right in that he has talent, but the question really is whether he makes a team better? I think what those of us who would rather have Cole is that we think he will make the team better. Simple as that. It's fine to disagree with that. But that side clearly also has merit.

give me an team that really leans offense over the 50 pt rock fights any day

this year was the first in a long time that the game was watchable most of the time

put four shooters and a 7 ft center on the floor and roll the ball out

Throw in one of the shooters being able to pass, the 7 foot guy as a true shot blocker who can avoid foul trouble and you've got a deal.

We won't need a bench.

??? In the most important games of the year, he was useless. I don't talk like that but it is the only word that can be used. Game after game, he had to be taken out. And in the games he did well earlier in the year, the ball just stopped when it went to him., You are right in that he has talent, but the question really is whether he makes a team better? I think what those of us who would rather have Cole is that we think he will make the team better. Simple as that. It's fine to disagree with that. But that side clearly also has merit.
AG was an enigma - the biggest one in 15 years. I don’t know if it was the JB leash or what - but to have a guy as many 20+ point games as he days earlier in the year then just completely be a non-factor down the stretch was mind boggling

I still want both. Griff could definitely play guard if needed. Would give that unit size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom