Class of 2018 - SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF Cole Swider (RI) Transferring from Villanova to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right, SBC. As an aside, I have always respected Mason's take. He has been "here" for as long as I can remember (pre Julius Hodge days). On this one, my instinct is that JB and Wildhack have a mutual understanding of how this will go down.

He has no intention of ever retiring. I have that from about as good of a source as you can get.

He has no intention of ever retiring. I have that from about as good of a source as you can get.

I agree, but you're also saying he will be shown the door? He seemed to own Wildhack, based on how things went down. I doubt JB will be kicked to the curb because he doesn't want to leave. I genuinely respect you as a poster but I don't agree with that part of what you seem to be saying.

I agree, but you're also saying he will be shown the door? He seemed to own Wildhack, based on how things went down. I doubt JB will be kicked to the curb because he doesn't want to leave. I genuinely respect you as a poster but I don't agree with that part of what you seem to be saying.
Things will change once Buddy gets through...

We are also far from dead in the water with the guy you have as your avatar.
Oh believe me I know. A lot of people here haven't had that much of an appeal towards EA but I love his game. scrappy, crafty guard who makes plays from all levels of the court for a guard.

so... we are beginning to whiff on 2018 recruits now... This is extremely sad to watch this slide from prominence..

That video actually makes me kind of sad. To see the kind of offense we use to play. Or as the video puts it "all out offense" "basketball the way it was meant to be played" "high speed assault" "wide open game"

All of the things that made the dome and the 'Cuse so great. Just night and day from the style we play now.

Yup. Feel the same way. Great video, though.

And Boeheim pointing out that we'd had the All Big East Point Guard for 6 straight seasons, at that point.
Joseph and Howard (so far) have been misses, but let's not forget that we've had a PG on an All Big East or All ACC team 8 of the last 10 seasons; 2 out of 4 (Ennis & Gbinije) in the ACC

Joseph and Howard (so far) have been misses, but let's not forget that we've had a PG on an All Big East or All ACC team 8 of the last 10 seasons; 2 out of 4 (Ennis & Gbinije) in the ACC

I don't care how you spin it. Mike was great here, but he was not a PG and that was evident when we played against teams that liked to pressure him(UNC/Pitt/Louisville). Saying Gbinije is a PG is like saying Lydon was a center.

Gbinije was a great player who played PG because we had nobody else that could do it.

We had a nice run of Flynn-Triche-Scoop-MCW-Ennis.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think the scariest thing is - JB isn't the type to recognize if and when it's best for the program for him to step aside. Look at how the whole Hop transition was bungled if you need tangible proof. He'll be that captain in the Titanic locking himself in the cabin when the water crashes through.
wow you chiming in now/in this context? shocking

If you think about it, he has said many times, "I think you should keep coaching until you don't think you can win anymore"--so I guess we'll end up watching that play out, to the frustration of many fans.

If that is the case, he will eventually be pushed out, imo. And it will be an unnecessarily ignominious end to his career. He might be able to do this for another 4-5 years (through the end of Buddy's college career) and get good to very good results, but things will eventually go south. It's inevitable. I love JB, but he needs to understand that as he nears 80, he will need to hang it up. Coaching at this high of a level is a younger man's game. If results continue to trend downward, Wildhack will be forced to intervene.

His selfishness frustrates me. We had the perfect youngish heir apparent groomed and ready to go... I think Hop will have great success at UW. Maybe we can entice him back here eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom