Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without question, NIL and the new transfer policy are changing things. Yeah, it stinks about Lands, and before that Johnson and Bazley. But interestingly enough, Bunch right now is actually ranked higher than Lands by 247Sports, although not by others. I guess my point is that if SU lands (no pun intended) Bunch, Carey/Barlow and Starling (I assume Westry is off to LSU), that's still a pretty, pretty good class to sync up with QC and JT! All the best to Kamari. I can't blame him for wanting to hear NIL pitches. Frankly, I was surprised when he verbally committed this past April, if only because he had just a handful of other offers at that time.
If he is waiting to hear pitches why didn't we make him one? Or is the staff not all that impressed with him?

If he is waiting to hear pitches why didn't we make him one? Or is the staff not all that impressed with him?
I wouldn't pretend to have inside information here, although I do know that these NIL deals aren't supposed to be inducement deals for kids to pick a specific college. Now, we all know that will happen, but perhaps the SU coaching staff doesn't want to start doing that prior to commits arriving on campus. But again, I have no idea!

I wouldn't pretend to have inside information here, although I do know that these NIL deals aren't supposed to be inducement deals for kids to pick a specific college. Now, we all know that will happen, but perhaps the SU coaching staff doesn't want to start doing that prior to commits arriving on campus. But again, I have no idea!
Ya I always found it odd him commiting and never stepping foot on campus.

It's funny -- I feel like I barely knew Chris McCullough.

Now after TBT, he's a far more important figure to me as a former 'Cuse player.

Ditto. In fact, the first memory that pops into my head when I hear his name is not anything he did while wearing a Cuse uni. It was that highlight clip of him in high school that was posted in his recruiting thread where he ran like 2/3 of the court on 2 dribbles before dunking it.

Seems like a really well spoken, thoughtful kid.

Too bad.

Yeah. He pulled the trigger too early in his own process and recognized it. Good luck to him and maybe he still wants to come play here. In the meantime it's gotta be first come first serve for us. Go hard on JJ, Bunch, Barlow and Carey.

Someday Bazley, Johnson and Lands will be on the same NBA team and they'll cut down the Nets!

Gutierrez was just on the Manchild show and pointed to these two red flags:

- His recruitment was unexpected at the time. He wasn't on the list of players SU seemed to be going after and suddenly he was "1000% committed".

- He never set foot on the campus.

Kind of gives Bill Self away there eh? We can talk Wade, Pearl, etc all we want but for my money Bill Self is hands down the dirtiest and slimiest dude in the game. There is NO ONE I root against more than him. Not just for his team to lose but for a basketball hoop to land on his head when he walks out of the gym. I’d take 10 John Caliparis vs 1 Bill Self. Rant over.

Charity is a tax write off.
He is doing a good thing but it’s giving money to charity over the US government.
We have no clue if he is willing to buy recruits with NIL. Nor do we want the SU AD dependent on him doing that.
This times 1000. I get so sick and tired of people here crying how Wesitman should step up and spend his money. Stop expecting or suggesting how he should spend his hard earned money. If he wants to spend some $$$ on SU basketball players then so be it. Stop telling other people how they should spend their hard earned money.

This times 1000. I get so sick and tired of people here crying how Wesitman should step up and spend his money. Stop expecting or suggesting how he should spend his hard earned money. If he wants to spend some $$$ on SU basketball players then so be it. Stop telling other people how they should spend their hard earned money.

Well, a few things...

1 - he's clearly a Syracuse hoops MEGA-fan.
2 - he decided (just because) to donate $1 MILLION to local charities, simply because a Syracuse-adjacent hoops team won the TBT.
3 - he took over an established family business, so I'm not sure how "hard earned" his $ is, and clearly a few hundred K here and there is play money for him, like one of us finding a $20 in our pocket while doing laundry.
I'd gladly give $20 to get a kid to commit to Cuse hoops, but I don't think that'll move the needle. ;)

Well, a few things...

2 - he decided (just because) to donate $1 MILLION to local charities, simply because a Syracuse-adjacent hoops team won the TBT.
3 - he took over an established family business, so I'm not sure how "hard earned" his $ is, and clearly a few hundred K here and there is play money for him, like one of us finding a $20 in our pocket while doing laundry.
I'd gladly give $20 to get a kid to commit to Cuse hoops, but I don't think that'll move the needle. ;)
I'll toss in 20 bucks too, if that will help.

Well, a few things...

1-He is friends with JB. He did admitted to not even following SU bball years ago.
2-charities are a tax w/o. He appears to be very charitable. And its his hard earned money to spend how he sees fit.
3-Once again it's his money to spend. I would prefer he gives it to local charities, which he does.

Maybe you can take your business, or start one, to the next level and then throw your money at 18 year old kids.

Well, a few things...

If he becomes the money man- it would make me extremely nervous and uncomfortable and my personal opinion is it should make others feel the same. If he wants to be part of it with other alums and boosters pitching in and playing a role then ok. There are a ton of reasons for this but sustainability being number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom