Marek Dolezaj | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

He actually turned 19 last month. According to my math, he won't be 20 until after he has completed his freshman season in college.

Assuming he plays college ball...

So he will be 20 when we play in the FF;)

This should give a decent barometer of the quality of Pro league Dolezaj played for in Europe

there were 3 Americans in the league's Top 10 in scoring and where they went to College

#4 Phil Henry 16.9 ppg Eastern New Mexico University
#6 Andre Jones 16.1 ppg Winthrop
#7 Evan Singletary 16.1 ppg Albany

Dolezaj averaged 10 ppg
doesn't tell you all that much. maybe Marek didn't take the number of shots those guys did. Maybe Marek played on a team that had some other high scorer. Our competition for the kid is him going pro. That gives me the barometer that I need.

FWIW this kid is already 19 and will be close to 20 by the time he takes the floor here for us. Let's hope his game is as developed as his age for a college freshman.
This should tell our fans he isn't here long term. If we get 2 years we will be lucky.

doesn't tell you all that much. maybe Marek didn't take the number of shots those guys did. Maybe Marek played on a team that had some other high scorer. Our competition for the kid is him going pro. That gives me the barometer that I need.
Marek's team was 10-30. He played in 33 of their games. Their leading scorer avg 12.4 ppg, Marek was tied for 2nd at 10.1ppg. His team was 4th worst in the league. All these American players are averaging around the same ppg that they did in College. So take it anyway you want it but it looks like this league is about as good as the MAC conference

Last edited:
Marek's team was 10-30. He played in 33 of their games. Their leading scorer avg 12.4 ppg, Marek was tied for 2nd at 10.1ppg
Okay. then teams were able to concentrate on him more than those other guys. It's something we just don't know. I liked what I saw on film. And he only has to be good for us. This team is Battles and TT's. We need Marek to be a good player at the 3. Same with Brissett. Just be good players that fill out the team. I think they both can do that.

This should tell our fans he isn't here long term. If we get 2 years we will be lucky.
Works for me. we need help until we get back to recruiting the way we can. I have said that '18 will be a good year for us in recruiting. If we get the kid from Ohio and the one from Rhode Island, off we go.

Marek's team was 10-30. He played in 33 of their games. Their leading scorer avg 12.4 ppg, Marek was tied for 2nd at 10.1ppg
This doesn't necessarily say anything supporting or arguing against his skills. Those americans you listed were older and have already put in 4 years of low end division 1 ball before this. Just because they played at those schools isn't a knock on them either. There are always some Currys and Lillards in those non P5 schools that are exceptions.

Kid has potential, you can't argue that. Whether he actually lives up to it, is unknown. Lets just wait a see if his commitment is official, and if he does, then lets all root and toot for him to develop!

Works for me. we need help until we get back to recruiting the way we can. I have said that '18 will be a good year for us in recruiting. If we get the kid from Ohio and the one from Rhode Island, off we go.

Still need a dynamic talent that can score. Someone like Carey I hope, but not confident from what I am reading...

Okay. then teams were able to concentrate on him more than those other guys. It's something we just don't know. I liked what I saw on film. And he only has to be good for us. This team is Battles and TT's. We need Marek to be a good player at the 3. Same with Brissett. Just be good players that fill out the team. I think they both can do that.
I think this kid is great for us, I'm just showing stats to some of these people who think he's the next coming of Dirk. Euros are tough to scout. Yurtseven scored 91 points in one game there in Europe and scored 4 pts here vs McNeese State

Do you think it's still realistic to get both Swider and Bazley when they'll be looking at a roster with 3 freshman forwards - or 3 freshman forwards and 1 incoming forward for whoever would be the guy to commit second?

Overall I think two3 is a good poster and has a solid realistic outlook on things. Personally, I have not yet watched any Marek videos as of yet, so I have no opinion as to the rights and wrongs of this debate. I will worry about that if his commitment becomes official.

In the meanwhile, I would like to see less name calling and more insight about a kid, that in reality, nobody here can know much about, so all opinions should be welcomed, even if disagreed with.

The reality is that we are talking about a kid who is somewhere between a Plan C and a Plan H, so we should probably be thinking in terms of lower expectations for him, at least as a frosh.

Do you think it's still realistic to get both Swider and Bazley when they'll be looking at a roster with 3 freshman forwards - or 3 freshman forwards and 1 incoming forward for whoever would be the guy to commit second?
Yes. We may not get them both. We may not get 1 of them. But we are after both and see them as different players. We have to see how our young forwards play.

Overall I think two3 is a good poster and has a solid realistic outlook on things. Personally, I have not yet watched any Marek videos as of yet, so I have no opinion as to the rights and wrongs of this debate. I will worry about that if his commitment becomes official.

In the meanwhile, I would like to see less name calling and more insight about a kid, that in reality, nobody here can know much about, so all opinions should be welcomed, even if disagreed with.

The reality is that we are talking about a kid who is somewhere between a Plan C and a Plan H, so we should probably be thinking in terms of lower expectations for him, at least as a frosh.
He is nowhere near Plan C or Plan H. We were taking him if we could, NO MATER who we got. That, is not an opinion. That is a fact.

Yes. We may not get them both. We may not get 1 of them. But we are after both and see them as different players. We have to see how our young forwards play.

That doesn't sound like we are ready to sign anyone early...

He is nowhere near Plan C or Plan H. We were taking him if we could, NO MATER who we got. That, is not an opinion. That is a fact.

Certainly wouldn't have even known his name if we didn't have to shopping in the bargain bin. But maybe it all works out in the end. Randolph is sure looking pretty screwed in Arizona with all the guys staying and coming in.

Apparently telling this recruiting service that. Very good sign but no official word from SU at this point.
Paging Jake. Paging Jake. Please give us a sign. Any sign.

This thread did not even open up until February. Are you saying we had no Plan As or Bs for his position in the fall, not to mention, would we still be after him if we had gotten Tucker ?

Please clarify the statement that we would be taking him no matter what or are you only referring to our current 11th hour post-Tucker recruiting situation ?

So he will be 20 when we play in the FF;)
Marek was born 4/13/1998.

The Final Four games for 2017-18 are scheduled for the Alamodome March 31st and April 2nd.

So unless there are a lot of overtimes, probably not.

Unless you are talking about the Final Four the following year...

We were taking him if we could, NO MATER who we got.

latest

Marek's team was 10-30. He played in 33 of their games. Their leading scorer avg 12.4 ppg, Marek was tied for 2nd at 10.1ppg. His team was 4th worst in the league. All these American players are averaging around the same ppg that they did in College. So take it anyway you want it but it looks like this league is about as good as the MAC conference

Thank you for the information and research. I always think more information is a good thing, especially in these situations. And, I think that this information also bodes well for us. If he's the second leading scorer on his team playing against college graduates, then he's playing against experienced battle tested men as a 18-19 yr old, and holding his own, that's fantastic. If Marek can come in and give us 10-15 min. a game of hard competitive contributing play as a freshman then that's a recruiting success in my book given the way this cycle has gone.

Thank you for the information and research. I always think more information is a good thing, especially in these situations. And, I think that this information also bodes well for us. If he's the second leading scorer on his team playing against college graduates, then he's playing against experienced battle tested men as a 18-19 yr old, and holding his own, that's fantastic. If Marek can come in and give us 10-15 min. a game of hard competitive contributing play as a freshman then that's a recruiting success in my book given the way this cycle has gone.

Most level-headed set of expectations I've seen yet and couldn't agree more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom