Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bazely is looking more and more like a pure 3. Getting a true PF with some muscle and inside game might be nice at some point in the near future.

Bazely is looking more and more like a pure 3. Getting a true PF with some muscle and inside game might be nice at some point in the near future.

We have enough hybrid forwards. A center is more of a priority. We rarely recruit bulky guys, unfortunately.

We have enough hybrid forwards. A center is more of a priority. We rarely recruit bulky guys, unfortunately.

Yeah, C for sure. I didn’t really mention C since it always seems to be projects and/or beanpoles. But, I’ll take any sort of diesel PF or C. Might be a nice contrast yet a complement to the bunch of lanky dudes in frontcourt now and in the near future. That’s why I was very excited about Moustapha Diagne when he committed.

Last edited:
4 in hs, 3 at su, 2 in the nba

Yeah, C for sure. I didn’t really mention C since it always seems to be projects and/or beanpoles. But, I’ll take any sort of diesel PF or C. Might be a nice contrast to a bunch of the lanky dudes in frontcourt now and in the near future. That’s why I was very excited about Moustapha Diagne when he committed.

Yes, loved Diagne too. We are really thin. It's pretty amazing how thin we are but Moyer has put on a few and Brissett isn't a rail. Okay, I'm stretching it.

Yes, loved Diagne too. We are really thin. It's pretty amazing how thin we are but Moyer has put on a few and Brissett isn't a rail. Okay, I'm stretching it.
Well with the zone defense no one puts a body on anyone or blocks out

If he's 6'9" without shoes like his mom seems to be saying, that's a huge difference.

But I would imagine that when Bazley himself is at a basketball event and says he's 6'9", that's his height with shoes, which is what everyone cares about. He was measured at 6'7.5" with shoes at the event, which means he'd be listed at 6'8", so we're really fighting over 1 inch here; it's not that big of a deal. A 6'11" wingspan at that height seems about right to me; you could tell his wingspan is below-average compared to his height pretty easily from watching videos of him IMO. He should make a nice 3/4 hybrid in the NBA; if he bulks up a bit, I imagine he'll get a lot of minutes as a small-ball 4. He's basically the same height and length as Thaddeus Young.

So much to like about this edit...
1. Bazley in Syracuse Orange, the only acceptable orange.
2. Final 4 patch.. Baze is that good and he hasn't even played a 'Cuse minute.
IMG_20171017_014941.jpg

Honestly... this kid is #1 overall draft pick material from his highlight reel. Have to see him play a full 40 but he is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom