Class of 2018 - SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Robert Braswell (SC) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Not a Cuse comparison, but I see Braswell in the mold of player similar to OG Anunoby. OG was very similar as a late bloomer, under-the-radar 3 star, super athetic, long, fairly raw, but with a set of skills to work with. He got hurt his last year at IU, but had considerable physical abities that made him a first round pick. Huge difference I see so far with OG is that he was and is a very skilled defender with his length, athletisim, and speed. Havent seen enough tape on Braswell but I hope he gets in the weightroom and focuses on exploiting his physical gifts.

My guess at who the players on this team play 4 years

Chukwu
Marek
Sidibe
Buddy
Howard W
Braswell
Hughes

I would love to watch these guys for 4. Quite a nice foundation
No chance

I think Braswell turns into our next great sleeper pick-up along the lines of Warrick, MCW, Dirty and Damone Brown. Love this commit!

Chukwu
Marek
Sidibe
Buddy
Howard W
Braswell
Hughes

Of those 7, I'd set the over/under on 4.5 of those guys using their full eligibility at Syracuse

Chukwu
Marek
Sidibe
Buddy
Howard W
Braswell
Hughes

Where’s Frank going?

And also a player that could transfer because of lack of playing time , but he has a skill set where he can thrive hear eventually.
transfer? already?

as a wise man once said, premature anything is not good

braswell bring 5 more fouls for the front court . that's a start.
the fact that he only took 17 tells you all you need to know. who only shoots 17 threes?
Not saying you guys are throwing shade, but there's a good chance Jalen, Buddy and Bras will bring some badly-needed bench relief this year. All three have scoring potential. The killer B's - Buddy and Braswell - both lit up EYBL from deep with over 50% shooting. Bras only took 17 3's, but as RF noted he's got the versatility to backup either forward position. Carey can do the same at guard - playing either on or off ball. All three kids will have opportunities to earn minutes without undue pressure. And I think by the meat of the ACC they'll all be able to do what the staff needs -- come in for short stints to spell the starters without being yard sales. Down the line, I think all three will be good players for us and Carey will probably contribute his first year.

Sidibe's recovery is key. He's our best low-post scorer and we're thin at the position ... unless Osun joins us. Regardless, if Sidibe can run we'll have bench talent at every position on the Court. Lots to be excited about this summer.

Last edited:
If tyus comes back I hope Jalen embraces a learning curve like freshman dion and cj did their freshman years

If tyus comes back I hope Jalen embraces a learning curve like freshman dion and cj did their freshman years

He's not coming back. Once he got invited to the NBA Draft Combine, that's probably all the encouragement he needed.

"Next in his development process is to continue developing his low-post arsenal..."
That's not easy...even for a talented athlete.

It's a huge jump from HS to college and then from college to the pros.
For many players it's a tough transition and takes time.
Robert Braswell is a GREAT addition this late in the year.
But give him time.

We love to compare newcomers to previous Orange players.
Right now he might be another Elvir Ovcina...
An Elvir with infinitely more athleticism, court sense, handle and overall upside and without a desire to go AWOL when the Orange play Georgetown.