Class of 2025 - SF Sadiq White (NC) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Sadiq White (NC) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24)

Did that ref start to call a travel? They were giving them the ball one way or another.
Yup, I haven't thought the fix was in too often watching a game, but that was one of them. The ACC officials didn't want to risk Duke losing that game.

They seem to have improved a little bit a decade later, but we'll see how things go next time Syracuse is in danger of beating a Carolina team for the regular season or tournament championship. I strongly suspect any close game is going to look a lot like that.

Yup, I haven't thought the fix was in too often watching a game, but that was one of them. The ACC officials didn't want to risk Duke losing that game.

They seem to have improved a little bit a decade later, but we'll see how things go next time Syracuse is in danger of beating a Carolina team for the regular season or tournament championship. I strongly suspect any close game is going to look a lot like that.
Any time Syracuse is about to beat a NC team. Even last year when Cuse was middle of the pack they didn't want to affect UNC getting a 1 seed in the game where Cuse won at home, all of the live calls went in UNC's favor but they overturned them due to undisputable video evidence. I think 3 in a row under 2 minutes. Without video review, we probably lose that game.

Clemson got dogged at Duke last year horribly.

Any time Syracuse is about to beat a NC team. Even last year when Cuse was middle of the pack they didn't want to affect UNC getting a 1 seed in the game where Cuse won at home, all of the live calls went in UNC's favor but they overturned them due to undisputable video evidence. I think 3 in a row under 2 minutes. Without video review, we probably lose that game.

Clemson got dogged at Duke last year horribly.
True, I guess I forgot about that series of blown calls that were overturned because they didn't change the outcome, and they got them right in the end.

Still, if that was before the rule change, they would have grabbed it for UNC. :mad:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom