Class of 2025 - SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24)

Did that ref start to call a travel? They were giving them the ball one way or another.
Yup, I haven't thought the fix was in too often watching a game, but that was one of them. The ACC officials didn't want to risk Duke losing that game.

They seem to have improved a little bit a decade later, but we'll see how things go next time Syracuse is in danger of beating a Carolina team for the regular season or tournament championship. I strongly suspect any close game is going to look a lot like that.

Yup, I haven't thought the fix was in too often watching a game, but that was one of them. The ACC officials didn't want to risk Duke losing that game.

They seem to have improved a little bit a decade later, but we'll see how things go next time Syracuse is in danger of beating a Carolina team for the regular season or tournament championship. I strongly suspect any close game is going to look a lot like that.
Any time Syracuse is about to beat a NC team. Even last year when Cuse was middle of the pack they didn't want to affect UNC getting a 1 seed in the game where Cuse won at home, all of the live calls went in UNC's favor but they overturned them due to undisputable video evidence. I think 3 in a row under 2 minutes. Without video review, we probably lose that game.

Clemson got dogged at Duke last year horribly.

Any time Syracuse is about to beat a NC team. Even last year when Cuse was middle of the pack they didn't want to affect UNC getting a 1 seed in the game where Cuse won at home, all of the live calls went in UNC's favor but they overturned them due to undisputable video evidence. I think 3 in a row under 2 minutes. Without video review, we probably lose that game.

Clemson got dogged at Duke last year horribly.
True, I guess I forgot about that series of blown calls that were overturned because they didn't change the outcome, and they got them right in the end.

Still, if that was before the rule change, they would have grabbed it for UNC. :mad:

Last edited:
Saw Sadiq White play tonight at the Peach Jam against Niguel James, London Jeminson and others’ team.

He is an exceptional athlete who has a lot of skills (leaping, defense, offense, passing, speed, scoring). His team lost tonight. His teammates had a difficult time tonight getting him the ball in a position to score.

When he did score, he looked very smooth and polished. I believe with his reflexes and speed that he can guard almost every position (not sure about guarding speedy little point guards). He hustled up and down the court on almost every play. He played tough defense on the other teams 3pt shooting forwards But when he was switched to center, the forwards he had guarded just tore his replacements apart with three point shots.

We will be very happy that he is coming to Syracuse to play college ball. At this time, i see him as a 2 year, possibly more player at Syracuse. His game is different but complimentary to Donavon Freeman’s game.

Saw Sadiq White play tonight at the Peach Jam against Niguel James, London Jeminson and others’ team.

He is an exceptional athlete who has a lot of skills (leaping, defense, offense, passing, speed, scoring). His team lost tonight. His teammates had a difficult time tonight getting him the ball in a position to score.

When he did score, he looked very smooth and polished. I believe with his reflexes and speed that he can guard almost every position (not sure about guarding speedy little point guards). He hustled up and down the court on almost every play. He played tough defense on the other teams 3pt shooting forwards But when he was switched to center, the forwards he had guarded just tore his replacements apart with three point shots.

We will be very happy that he is coming to Syracuse to play college ball. At this time, i see him as a 2 year, possibly more player at Syracuse. His game is different but complimentary to Donavon Freeman’s game.
It was late when I posted the above post last night. I want to add that Sadiq seems like a real nice person. He helped out the Team United 16 yr old team by supporting the players, sitting on the bench offering verbal support and getting the court players water when they came off at timeouts and while they were in huddles. The 16yr old game was a good two hours plus before his own 17yr old team were scheduled to play. He seemed to be keenly involved.

He is a slender built player along the lines of a Cole Swider Vice the size of a mature Carmelo Anthony statute. He looks small compared to Carmelo Anthony in the picture shown in posts from the Peach Jam.

It was late when I posted the above post last night. I want to add that Sadiq seems like a real nice person. He helped out the Team United 16 yr old team by supporting the players, sitting on the bench offering verbal support and getting the court players water when they came off at timeouts and while they were in huddles. The 16yr old game was a good two hours plus before his own 17yr old team were scheduled to play. He seemed to be keenly involved.

He is a slender built player along the lines of a Cole Swider Vice the size of a mature Carmelo Anthony statute. He looks small compared to Carmelo Anthony in the picture shown in posts from the Peach Jam.

His comp ain’t Melo.

He’s more a Hak / Jerami type - long, wiry, explosive.

Here’s hoping he develops like they did.

His comp ain’t Melo.

He’s more a Hak / Jerami type - long, wiry, explosive.

Here’s hoping he develops like they did.
You are right.

I’m just saying that he is very slender and slightly muscular vice very bulky and extremely muscular in build at this time.

Good player, great potential and great basketball IQ.