Class of 2025 - SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Sadiq White (NC / IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/29/24)

Highlights posted just a few days ago. White looks... Good

I know this has been outlined earlier in the thread, but White is a left-hander.

His skill level using his right hand is exceptionally highly developed. Finishing inside, driving to the right, floaters with the right, etc. You name it, he does it.

For comparison, if it were reversed, and he was a right handed player who was similarly adept with his left hand, we'd be ranting and raving about his ambidexterity. For a high school junior, this kid uses both hands at a very advanced skill level for a big man at this stage of his developmental curve.

Last edited:

A loss here. Our guy didn’t have a great game. A few dunks/layups. Rebounds. Blocks. But he did nothing away from the rim—no outside stuff. The star here was Isaiah Evans, who looked like Durant playing pickup ball. I thought he was taller than 6-6. Going to Duke, uggggh. 48 points.
I hate that program. Me watching Duke.
Science Fiction Mind Blown GIF by FilmStruck

Same. Though it was great to hear how much the relationships meant to this kid. Maybe we’ll have a chance of keeping him down the road if those relationships pan out for him here. Also wonder if a player like Kiyan Anthony is less likely to be wooed by NIL differences given that money is not a concern for his family. Certainly he’s his own guy and money matters, but love the idea of getting a pair of recruits that are drawn in by the Cuse bball family.
It made no difference to Bronny James. He was getting the highest NIL in the country at $7.5 million. I don’t think his family needs the money.

It made no difference to Bronny James. He was getting the highest NIL in the country at $7.5 million. I don’t think his family needs the money.
True. I just meant maybe smaller differences between what schools offer aren’t going to drive decision-making. But agree with you family’s wealth may not matter at all.

4-8 from FT line?

He really *is* a prototypical Cuse forward! :p
I would probably trade 3-7 on 3 pointers for 4-8 from the line. Three pointers count more.

More importantly to me is that he was efficient and he was his teams dominant player. He took almost double the shots than the second highest shot taker on the team.

I'd like to see him get more than 2 rebounds, though. Both teams missed more than 50 shots, so his rebounds percentage is about 2%

Freeman will be 1 and done. Top 10 freshmen don't stay more than a year.

While I don't disagree, let's see him get here and do the business before anointing him a 1-and-done lottery pick, no?

I seem to remember a 5-star McD's AA that was supposed to do the same and who was kicked off the team in year 3 this year as a complete swing-and-miss recruit that never came close to the hype and who was a total headcase to boot.

I do think Freeman looks much more the complete package than the other said player, but the proof will be in his play...

Get here and get'er done.

While I don't disagree, let's see him get here and do the business before anointing him a 1-and-done lottery pick, no?

I seem to remember a 5-star McD's AA that was supposed to do the same and who was kicked off the team in year 3 this year as a complete swing-and-miss recruitment and a total headcase to boot.

I do think Freeman looks much more the complete package than the other said player, but the proof will be in his play...

Benny was none of these. He was not top 10 or a McDonalds All American.

Benny was none of these. He was not top 10 or a McDonalds All American.

He wasn't a McD's AA (I was wrong about that).

Actually, there was some discussion he was snubbed... In hindsight, that was kind.

He was a 5-star (depending on recruiting service) and a lot of folks chiming in "our best recruit since Melo" etc.

There was a lot of overhype.

He wasn't a McD's AA (I was wrong about that).

Actually, there was some discussion he was snubbed... In hindsight, that was kind.

He was a 5-star (depending on recruiting service) and a lot of folks chiming in "our best recruit since Melo" etc.

There was a lot of overhype.
RCSI 28 during Covid for Benny. Freeman was the best player on the best AAU team in the country. I think too many here are shell shocked from past few years and their games are nothing alike.

I seem to remember a 5-star McD's AA that was supposed to do the same and who was kicked off the team in year 3 this year as a complete swing-and-miss recruit that never came close to the hype and who was a total headcase to boot.

There's a great example this year -- DJ Wagner was a Top 10 5-star McD's AA who was ranked higher than Freeman, started at the Kentucky factory, and will be playing a second year of college basketball.

I agree we shouldn't assume Freeman's one and done. High chance, yes. But also remember he's a tall athletic kid who was ranked highly based on potential, although he definitely started to realize some of that potential during his senior year.