Class of 2025 - SF Shon Abaev (FL) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SF Shon Abaev (FL) Offered

Of course it’s going to be tough. The kid is a top 25 prospect. But Cuse is in really good shape. Just need the big bucks to stay away cough Auburn cough
Didn’t you say the staff has plenty of $ for 2025? And that they know who they can get and how much it will cost?

Didn’t you say the staff has plenty of $ for 2025? And that they know who they can get and how much it will cost?
I assume Bulldog meant we have a competitive biudget and a good sense of what the players and their agents are looking for, and feel that we can be competitive working in that known universe. (Correct me if I am wrong, Bulldog).
That said, there is always Steve Balmer (like) stupid money, where someone resets the market with an offer is 2+ times the going market rate.

Last edited:
Almost afraid of saying anything but read somewhere recently that ASU is getting more involved with Shon. Hoping what I read is old and Jake, BD and CM4 have better insight on Shon.

Almost afraid of saying anything but read somewhere recently that ASU is getting more involved with Shon. Hoping what I read is old and Jake, BD and CM4 have better insight on Shon.
If he goes to ASU you can’t blame him. Every girl is hotter than the next haha. When teams have to get more involved that means they are trailing. I like where cuse is right now

Arizona State is definitely one to monitor in Shon's recruitment, along with several others, I've been told by a few analysts in recent weeks...

If he goes to ASU you can’t blame him. Every girl is hotter than the next haha. When teams have to get more involved that means they are trailing. I like where cuse is right now
Arizona State is definitely one to monitor in Shon's recruitment, along with several others, I've been told by a few analysts in recent weeks...
ASU makes Yessoufou's final three. They are no joke now when it comes to recruiting.

If we strikeout at SF…. Yikes

Isn't Saddiq White only 6-8 200? And isn't Donnie Freeman a bit bigger than that now? (Yes, a year ago he was the same size ...)

Most one-and-done's are really two-and-done's, when you get down to it, unless they are Top 10 players coming out of HS.

Donnie's probably 210-215 by now, and his upper body is getting jacked.

White seems to me to have the size of a 3 coming in, and we were looking at 2 other three's (Jemison and Abaev) and Anthony at the 2G.

That's too many similar players, IMO.

If Bell doesn't go pro, he has one more year of eligibility after this upcoming year. (Do you honestly see anybody drafting him right now, even with a season where he shoots 47% again?)

We will still have Petar Majstorovic as a piece at the 4/5, and he will only be a sophomore. So that's some minutes at the 4. What if Freeman is a two-and-done?

Chance Westry will only be a junior next year and is not likely to be fully recovered by this season, so figure on him for another year.

Moore will only be a sophomore and Starling will still have another year of eligibility.

We don't need too many more wings, IMO. We need to replace a couple big men, and add a PG.

Last edited:
Isn't Saddiq White only 6-8 200? And isn't Donnie Freeman a bit bigger than that now? (Yes, a year ago he was the same size ...)

Most one-and-done's are really two-and-done's, when you get down to it, unless they are Top 10 players coming out of HS.

Donnie's probably 215 by now, and his upper body is getting jacked.

White seems to me to have the size of a 3 coming in, and we were looking at 2 other three's (Jemison and Abaev) and Anthony at the 2G.

That's too many similar players, IMO.

If we are going to pay up and it makes sense for Donnie to stay two years then that’s different but that’s major speculation too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom