Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

I think it's just acknowledging that we were heavy favorites, then spurned him for a period of time. That, paired with the fact that his family lives in Atlanta makes it a toss up in my opinion. I think you could just as easily be admitting you don't know any of the specifics by saying we're the favorites because we're Syracuse and they're Georgia Tech.

Yea exactly, thats why the predictions wre worthless. Theyre based on presumptions of things that no one knows are dispositive or even influential in the decision making process. He could be 100% cuse or ga tech right now, but people listen to these so called pronostications like theyre even worthwhile. In all honesty, we all should probably start talking about how this kids game is, what he needs to work on or who is the better fit v wilson instead of this BS

Yea exactly, thats why the predictions wre worthless. Theyre based on presumptions of things that no one knows are dispositive or even influential in the decision making process. He could be 100% cuse or ga tech right now, but people listen to these so called pronostications like theyre even worthwhile. In all honesty, we all should probably start talking about how this kids game is, what he needs to work on or who is the better fit v wilson instead of this BS
What is our chances with him?

If we go hard, biggest competition is Texas and Florida.

I would say body wise he's as skinny as BJ and you're right that he's not as good of a shooter, but much better off the bounce and overall aggressiveness defensively and rebound, but yeah he can't start for a good team this year at the 3. He has no chance inside at that size this year.

With the way the game has evolved I see zero reason to even recruit a 3 who can't shoot. Everything you mention outside of the shooting is nice to hear, but we're literally going to have the paint loaded up with guys who can't shoot. Not sure he'll have room to drive in with 8 guys sitting in the paint.

With the way the game has evolved I see zero reason to even recruit a 3 who can't shoot. Everything you mention outside of the shooting is nice to hear, but we're literally going to have the paint loaded up with guys who can't shoot. Not sure he'll have room to drive in with 8 guys sitting in the paint.

I don't even like having a 4 who can't shoot. I hope we recruit more Lydon/TT types.

Remember how we were guarded when we had Jerami Grant? People wonder why our offense suffers. We've sacrificed skills for athleticism in the past and it's hard to play offense if you can't make shots.

Wilsons a nice player, but he doesn't solve the problems we have. I'd take him
in 2018 or as a supplementary player if it came to it though.

I don't even like having a 4 who can't shoot. I hope we recruit more Lydon/TT types.

Remember how we were guarded when we had Jerami Grant? People wonder why our offense suffers. We've sacrificed skills for athleticism in the past and it's hard to play offense if you can't make shots.

Wilsons a nice player, but he doesn't solve the problems we have. I'd take him
in 2018 or as a supplementary player if it came to it though.

I liked Grant but yes, that offense (even with Fair) was just unable to make anything happen, too much standing around.

I don't know how well Battle will do as a volume shooter but I hope he's up for it because this could be one of the worst shooting teams in the conference.

Guys its all good. I actually dont mind it if JB gets his arese handed to him in recruiting this year. He didnt put the effort in and he is now paying the price. He will come back strong in 18

I like Brissett and wanted Tucker. Washington was a nice program pickup who maybe can help us a couple of years down the road.

If you don't see the difference in our recruiting now from where it was just 6-7 years ago then you're blind.
It's May.

Who knows? We'll see. Last year, White didn't decide to transfer until June. A lot can happen over the next few months.

Going to need a lot more than one guy. I think you and others forget that we lost White, Lydon, Gillon, Roberson and DC. Not so much the last two but that is a massive amount of production and talent with very little coming in to replace it.

Going to need a lot more than one guy. I think you and others forget that we lost White, Lydon, Gillon, Roberson and DC. Not so much the last two but that is a massive amount of production and talent with very little coming in to replace it.
No, I didn't forget and it's not like you haven't mentioned it 100 times already. Who said anything about just one guy? I'm expecting two.

Guys its all good. I actually dont mind it if JB gets his arese handed to him in recruiting this year. He didnt put the effort in and he is now paying the price. He will come back strong in 18
I guess you don't mind just cancelling the 2017 season as well because that's where it's headed. If we couldn't get it done in 17 with all the playing time available, what's makes you think JB will suddenly drink the fountain of youth in 18.

I guess you don't mind just cancelling the 2017 season as well because that's where it's headed. If we couldn't get it done in 17 with all the playing time available, what's makes you think JB will suddenly drink the fountain of youth in 18.

There he is!!!! the most negative person on the board!!! FrancoPizza only comes out when he wants to say something negative, guy contributes absolutely nothing but negative views on everything...just to answer your question though it certainly looks like JB has drunk from the fountain of youth, hes much more active in recruiting and on the road lately and you'd be a fool to disagree, once hop left you can see a difference in him.,

There he is!!!! the most negative person on the board!!! FrancoPizza only comes out when he wants to say something negative, guy contributes absolutely nothing but negative views on everything...just to answer your question though it certainly looks like JB has drunk from the fountain of youth, hes much more active in recruiting and on the road lately and you'd be a fool to disagree, once hop left you can see a difference in him.,
Different folks for different strokes, I guess? There are those of us who are half-full guys, there are the half-empty guys, and then there are the people who say "What glass?"

Different folks for different strokes, I guess? There are those of us who are half-full guys, there are the half-empty guys, and then there are the people who say "What glass?"

I understand and respect most of the views on here, if your going to be critical of the program that's fine we are all entitled to our opinion but back it up with evidence or facts or your point of view, same thing if you want to praise them, basically what im syaing is just have a discussion! If you look at every post this guy has its just trolling and saying negative stuff and no contribution whatsoever. Stop with these dumb comments where you throw no evidence out there or no reason for your views which basically amounts to trolling. Either contribute to the discussion in a somewhat thoughtful manner or dont say anything at all is how i view it..just my two cents anyway

Well if it means JB is more involved with the next cycle because this cycle didn't work out as planned, then I think we can have a much better 2018 class. But he has to be out there, visible and show the love that you see other HC's giving kids.

I liked Grant but yes, that offense (even with Fair) was just unable to make anything happen, too much standing around.

I don't know how well Battle will do as a volume shooter but I hope he's up for it because this could be one of the worst shooting teams in the conference.
Your point is true but we should've ran more but ENNIS had in his pants

Yeah, those guys were scoring in the 50s and low 60s against mediocre-bad teams late in the season. Hard to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom