Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

Hmmm, since Tucker got a Duke visit we had Dolezaj in and are bringing in Hughes as well. Wilson looks like he is trying to get his visits in and decide relatively quickly. It will be interesting to see this play out.

So from the looks of things it looks like we will be waiting on Tucker (unlikely that we get him) hopefully getting a yes from marek and hopefully getting thorpe in for a visit and getting him on board and possibly hughes as a sit 1 play 3...looks like we are good on not going after Sid at least based off of the latest visits etc.

I've heard from a reliable source that Brewster's coach has talked to Boeheim several times in the past 2 weeks and he hasn't mentioned Sidney Wilson once. Not a good sign!
Who would the convos be about then?

I've heard from a reliable source that Brewster's coach has talked to Boeheim several times in the past 2 weeks and he hasn't mentioned Sidney Wilson once. Not a good sign!
I'd heard we are not in for 2017.

So from the looks of things it looks like we will be waiting on Tucker (unlikely that we get him) hopefully getting a yes from marek and hopefully getting thorpe in for a visit and getting him on board and possibly hughes as a sit 1 play 3...looks like we are good on not going after Sid at least based off of the latest visits etc.
I'm fine with that. I prefer Marek to Sid. We can't have both.

I'm fine with that. I prefer Marek to Sid. We can't have both.

Sid is a beast, but I agree. For 2017, Marek is the better option. Plus, I think he will be a great program player, or surprise and bolt early. I know it's just a guess, but he looks like he can shoot about the same as Sid. Fiba player so I'd up his percentage a bit with practice, and the college line. Coming in he's a better rebounder, and defender at the 3. He attacks the rim well too, and has more weight on him.

Wish Sid was an option, but moving to 2017 seemed to end that. That said, Marek hopefully commits soon. The staff knows more than me. I'm getting bored talking to myself. I think I make the same posts constantly. Hughes was great to pickup though, and not just because we finally got a commit. Thorpe, and Marek then we can talk about our potential, 2018 and beyond.

Hope Sid doesn't land at UCon. Texas, or Florida would be a good fit for him to succeed. Good coaching, and competition.

Don't think he ends up at UConn

Me neither. I think he goes down to Texas, or stays home at St. John's. He is a great fit for SJU too really.

I hear UConn has a wicked jalapeno mac & cheese.

hc-uconn-luke-gatti-mac-and-cheese-apology-not-accepted-1028-20151027.jpg

This kid agrees!

I'll be able to tell we're not hurting, if we can land Sid as our kickoff to 2018.

I'll be able to tell we're not hurting, if we can land Sid as our kickoff to 2018.

He is touring for a 2017 reclassification, but a great get nonetheless if it happens.

He is touring for a 2017 reclassification, but a great get nonetheless if it happens.

Unless we do a last second 2017 push for him I'm not seeing the immediate interest unless I'm missing something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom