Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

I like this kid a lot. Unlike Hughes, this would NOT be a settle if we don't land Tucker. I see he is listed as a small forward, but have read that he plays more like a 4? I want him regardless of Tucker, but can anyone add insight into how he will fit into the rotation? Do the coaches think he can play the 3? Who is the better fit?

He's a 3/4. Decent handle. Jumper is okay. Tucker is a better shooter but then again, Tucker is an elite shooter. Wilson has tremendous length and athleticism. Amazing slasher.

He's a 3/4. Decent handle. Jumper is okay. Tucker is a better shooter but then again, Tucker is an elite shooter. Wilson has tremendous length and athleticism. Amazing slasher.

How would you compare him to O'Shea? Can either play the 3?

How would you compare him to O'Shea? Can either play the 3?

They both can but I'd give Wilson a slight edge as a 3. They're both long and athletic. Oshae is more physical. Wilson more of a high flyer.

I'm excited about the prospect of landing Sid. I do, if I'm honest, have some concern about outside shooting next year.

I think Tucker a better plug and play with our current roster but Wilson maybe the better overall prospect.

I think this is spot on. In the long run it might be a better thing to land sid vs getting Tucker. Although Tucker would provide more of what we need for this year I think sid has more upside. Honestly id be happy with either one but I get pumped watching tape on sid especially lately the kid has been absolutely killing it! I'm glad the staff seems to have a very very good back up plan at the moment.

I'm excited about the prospect of landing Sid. I do, if I'm honest, have some concern about outside shooting next year.

If we don't land Tucker but we can get Sid then we need to go after a outside shooter via grad transfer. Or after another guard that can shoot and be ok with sid/oshae at the 3? Idk but I think we may struggle some this year regardless but we definitely would have some great prospects going forward. Hopefully our defense is improved which might help us win games without having such a high powered offense.

Screenshot_20170504-004226.jpg

It's meant to be!

Bad news. Sid is one of the players he'd love us to land. That usually doesn't end well for SU, as Francis constantly jokes about. Maybe we can break that curse.
I wanted Lonnie Walker to break that curse

So correct me if I am wrong, but we have three scholarships to play with this offseason. How about we just take EA, JT, and Wilson and call it a day. IF we add those three we would have an extremely talented and versatile roster. The biggest issue would probably being lack of experience with only Howard, Battle, and Thompson being the only players on the roster with any significant minutes played.

PG: FH/HW/EA
SG: TB/EA/JT/FH
SF: JT/SW/OB/MM(?)
PF:TT/OB/MM/SW(?)
C: PC/BS/TT

I like Wilson, but I think he's more of a long term play than Tucker. Tucker would
help us more this year as far as shooting goes. We still would be weak there if we signed Wilson IMO.

I like Wilson, but I think he's more of a long term play than Tucker. Tucker would
help us more this year as far as shooting goes. We still would be weak there if we signed Wilson IMO.

I agree. I'd love to bring on Sid. But with Frank and Battle the only outside shooters, unless you think HW can contribute as a frosh, our outside shooting is weak. I've not paid as much attention to the grad transfer list, but I'm assuming that's the route we'd take? Who fits the need as a defensive minded guard with height and can shoot? And is there any hope left for Ayala?

I agree. I'd love to bring on Sid. But with Frank and Battle the only outside shooters, unless you think HW can contribute as a frosh, our outside shooting is weak. I've not paid as much attention to the grad transfer list, but I'm assuming that's the route we'd take? Who fits the need as a defensive minded guard with height and can shoot? And is there any hope left for Ayala?

The shooting really is a conundrum. Battle is our best shooter but also our best offensive player and will likely have the ball in his hands a lot. Howard's shooting and game is a complete wildcard. He started last season much improved as a shooter but as his floor game dissolved so did his shooting. One of Washington's strengths is shooting but is his all around game ready to get him the minutes he would need to contribute. Moyer and Brissett can shoot a bit but can they do it at this level in games when its not the strength of their skill sets. Wilson is sort of like that as well. Tucker is a shooter and at the position we would need one at. Ayala is also a good shooter who can play either guard spot.

Yeah from what I can gather Wilson seems to potentially be much better all around player further down the road. Certainly a better athlete and defender but Tucker will give you more capable shooting/scoring right now.

In the latest video that I saw, the form on his shot wasn't bad. He has potential as a shooter. But, Jordan Tucker is a natural shooter.
Basically, it seems as if Wilson is a typical SU forward recruit...athletic, rangy, raw offensively. Tucker is more the Malachi type, ready to score and shoot well from the get go, something we aren't used to.

Wilson seems better able to put the ball on the floor immediately and do something with it than say Kris Joseph/CJ Fair at the same stage. In fact he looks like a better ballhadler than when those former SU guys were upperclassmen, imo. Love Wilson.

Well this is certainly an interesting and surprising twist (at least to me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom