Class of 2017 - SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SF Sidney Wilson (NY) to UConn

So I know everybody is down in the dumps about tucker but what is the chance of signing them both and Ayala.. like how would y'all rate our class of 2017 then? Is it even possible? Would we have to many of a position? Who would play where?

So I know everybody is down in the dumps about tucker but what is the chance of signing them both and Ayala.. like how would y'all rate our class of 2017 then? Is it even possible? Would we have to many of a position? Who would play where?

Would be awesome to have so much talent on the team but I think u only get 1. As in Tucker and ayala or sid and ayala. Tucker and did together I think is a no go. Would be a huge stockpile of similar talent that all has to share playing time and I'm not sure sid or Tucker want to share too much playing time. I'm almost on the fence because as much as I know we need and want Tucker, I really really like sid. Does anyone know anything that's going on with him right now? Are we trying to get him in for a visit asap?

If we closed out this class with Tucker, Wilson, Ayala (highly doubtful IMO) I bet that would be a top5 class. It would be a class that filled the immediate needs at PG/SF with Ayala and Tucker as well as covering all positions for the next 2-3 seasons with the whole group.

Tucker is soft and too Hollywood. He can stroke it but that's about it. Give me this dude everyday of the week. NYC savage mentality. Jellyfam to cuse.

I have not seen Syracuse practice so I don't know much about the progression of Moyer's game... but it appears that Moyer, Brissett and possibly this kid Sidney Wilson are very similar players? Would it be redundant to bring him in? Do any of them solve our problem of lack of outside shooting?

I like Sid's game ALOT, but I can't help but wonder if we should be focusing on guards and three point shooting?

I have not seen Syracuse practice so I don't know much about the progression of Moyer's game... but it appears that Moyer, Brissett and possibly this kid Sidney Wilson are very similar players? Would it be redundant to bring him in? Do any of them solve our problem of lack of outside shooting?

I like Sid's game ALOT, but I can't help but wonder if we should be focusing on guards and three point shooting?

Agree with you mostly but if sid does indeed want to come or is even entertaining the idea of coming in 17 or 18 he is a talent that you absolutely take with no hesitation. Might now solve our outside shooting it guard situation but its just what it is. Altho from recent games and tape it looks like Sid is respectable inside and outside. We would all love to get another awiii but it's just not gunna happen. Dude was insane good outside

Agree with you mostly but if sid does indeed want to come or is even entertaining the idea of coming in 17 or 18 he is a talent that you absolutely take with no hesitation. Might now solve our outside shooting it guard situation but its just what it is. Altho from recent games and tape it looks like Sid is respectable inside and outside. We would all love to get another awiii but it's just not gunna happen. Dude was insane good outside

I agree, even with the redundancy, we should take him if he wants to come. I'm just puzzled by how unbalanced the roster is.

I like this kid a lot. Unlike Hughes, this would NOT be a settle if we don't land Tucker. I see he is listed as a small forward, but have read that he plays more like a 4? I want him regardless of Tucker, but can anyone add insight into how he will fit into the rotation? Do the coaches think he can play the 3? Who is the better fit?
I know the staff doesn't think of Hughes as a settle. they love him and think he would end being very good. He played Diallo head to head in high school and scored 24 pts while holding Diallo to 4. He is a year older but maybe we shouldn't sell the kid too short just yet.

Weird that zags report says red has been in constant contact and that we have been one the the aggressors yet waters talks to someone who makes it seem like we really aren't even involved?

Weird that zags report says red has been in constant contact and that we have been one the the aggressors yet waters talks to someone who makes it seem like we really aren't even involved?

And Francis tweeted Sid and Red are close and have been in constant contact.

What the heck...
Let me see: the sky is falling because we are not getting Jordan Tucker (who hasn't decided), Sidney Wilson (who just announced that he may go 2017) and if Mr Wright does not go 2018, we will probably lose him also. What a negative bunch of posters on this board?
Here we have an opportunity to get 1-2 4 star small forwards and possibly a combo guard and many posters are upset. If we get 2 SFs, will that cause havoc with our current roster?

If we lose Tucker, maybe we get Wilson. If we lose Tucker and Wilson, maybe we get Wright. Or Maybe Wright and Wilson decide to go 2018 and we lose Tucker. Who are you going to blame?

I am tired of all the what-ifs (and normally I thrive on what-Ifs). I will be happy if we get any of three SFs and welcome whichever one comes.

Hughes has to sit out next year, no? Who is gonna play SF next season besides Brissett if Tucker/Wilson do not come?

Maybe but Waters doesn't just tweet that out of the blue. He's a great journalist and is, if anything, extremely cautious about what he writes.
Oh yeah... I like waters. I meant more to respect Francis than to knock waters.

Let me see: the sky is falling because we are not getting Jordan Tucker (who hasn't decided), Sidney Wilson (who just announced that he may go 2017) and if Mr Wright does not go 2018, we will probably lose him also. What a negative bunch of posters on this board?
Here we have an opportunity to get 1-2 4 star small forwards and possibly a combo guard and many posters are upset. If we get 2 SFs, will that cause havoc with our current roster?

If we lose Tucker, maybe we get Wilson. If we lose Tucker and Wilson, maybe we get Wright. Or Maybe Wright and Wilson decide to go 2018 and we lose Tucker. Who are you going to blame?

I am tired of all the what-ifs (and normally I thrive on what-Ifs). I will be happy if we get any of three SFs and welcome whichever one comes.

I for one have never said anything about the sky falling? Or anything negative about the state of cuse basketball. I just said what the heck because of the craziness that recruiting is. Hope we land one of them. Heck I hope we get all of them why not? The only negativity is you being negative to my reply of what the heck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom