Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Based upon everything he's said, this isn't a shocker.

Yup...that in depth interview really squashed any hopes I had. Next comes the uk and duke interest this summer and the subsequent offer in the fall

IMG_0711.PNG

Gonna be tough to spin this.

I'm starting to think we will get one more player in this class and be done. I've had a bad feeling that will be the case. I realize that sounds crazy and makes zero sense and is probably unlikely. I just have the gut feeling that JB figures we have three guards, so we will be okay.

I will say at this point I'd surprised if we wind up with a '17 guard. Howard Washington, get ready. Frank Howard, please play better than I think you are capable of playing.

I'm starting to think we will get one more player in this class and be done. I've had a bad feeling that will be the case. I realize that sounds crazy and makes zero sense and is probably unlikely. I just have the gut feeling that JB figures we have three guards, so we will be okay.

I will make say at this point I'd surprised if we wind if with a '17 guard. Howard Washington, get ready. Frank Howard, please play better than I think you are capable of playing.
Wow. I will say more next week. This is not what he told the staff earlier in the month.

I will say at this point I'd surprised if we wind up with a '17 guard. Howard Washington, get ready. Frank Howard, please play better than I think you are capable of playing.

Scary thought

Wow...this kinda sucks especially when some were pretty confident we would have him for this year. Just going off of media reports etc I never had a good feeling we had him for this year. 18 who knows and almost don't care, he was a guy we sure could of used this season. Bummer man

Wow...this kinda sucks especially when some were pretty confident we would have him for this year. Just going off of media reports etc I never had a good feeling we had him for this year. 18 who knows and almost don't care, he was a guy we sure could of used this season. Bummer man

The way we are trending, a guy like Ayala might turn out to be a pipe dream in 2018. He will blow up next year and we won't be a factor. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, it just feels like we are not trending well and Ayala is. This is not hand wringing. It's all very disheartening.

Wow. I will say more next week. This is not what he told the staff earlier in the month.

Our staff has become very gullible apparently. You have to have plan b's and c's. This staff takes things 18 year olds say as gospel and then when things turn the other way, pay the price. It's now a trend.

Here's another scary thought. Tyus Battle is prone to injury. What happens when he's shut down for a few games or more this year?!

Our staff has become very gullible apparently. You have to have plan b's and c's. This staff takes things 18 year olds say as gospel and then when things turn the other way, pay the price. It's now a trend.

Here's another scary thought. Tyus Battle is prone to injury. What happens when he's shut down for a few games or more this year?!
Wow, Frank Howard and Howard Washington are our PGs. Seriously, if JB wins 20 games with that squad, he's a genius. Ayala loss is massive.

The way we are trending, a guy like Ayala might town out to be a pipe dream in 2018. He will blow up next year and we won't be a factor. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, it just feels like we are not trending well and Ayala is. This is not hand wringing. It's all very disheartening.

Unfortunately I agree...arizona already in play with crazy recruiting going on for them...now add in everyone else next year once he blows up this summer and we will be a after thought. Which is ok as long as we land someone else for 18 because there is a ton of talent in that class but it sure does hurt this year...like bad

Not surprised.

Our recruiting has fallen off a cliff.
Look what we have a promising combo SF/PF, a promising combo PF/C, and a PG that has demonstrated 3pt ability and play making skills. We have a shot at 1-2 very good Small forwards. If Alaya does not go 17 then the world is not over. It will be interesting.

Tyuse getting hurt is the least of our worries. He gets hurt, we lose. Your first point is 100% on target. We don't read situations all that well.

Tyuse getting hurt is the least of our worries. He gets hurt, we lose. Your first point is 100% on target. We don't read situations all that well.

We literally have one 2 guard on the roster. FH cannot shoot. Thus, he's not a shooting guard. Has the staff looked at this roster? I'm amazed at what is going on.

Look what we have a promising combo SF/PF, a promising combo PF/C, and a PG that has demonstrated 3pt ability and play making skills. We have a shot at 1-2 very good Small forwards. If Alaya does not go 17 then the world is not over. It will be interesting.
Don't kid yourself. If this is true, we are in big trouble. What makes anyone think we will land Tucker.

We literally have one 2 guard on the roster. FH cannot shoot. Thus, he's not a shooting guard. Has the staff looked at this roster? I'm amazed at what is going on.
Not my point. If Battle gets sick or hurt, we are going to lose. no matter who we have to replace him. It's the rest of the team that scares me. We are a mess.

So Howard Washington as it stands is in line for 20-30 mins? ...I think he can be a decent player when his times up but as a frosh? Asking a lot of the kid...

Yep...hopefully we are all blown away and he ends up being a huge surprise..heck I think I like our chances with him being our floor General more then with frankie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom