Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Someone above said the AAU session ends 5/28. I did not realize that prior. I have no idea what his plan is obviously, but if the AAU session does end in 9 days, I'd be surprised if we heard any news on him between now and then. Maybe he feels announcing would be a distraction? :noidea:

Someone above said the AAU session ends 5/28. I did not realize that prior. I have no idea what his plan is obviously, but if the AAU session does end in 9 days, I'd be surprised if we heard any news on him between now and then. Maybe he feels announcing would be a distraction? :noidea:
If he announced he is moving to the 17 class he wouldn't be able to play AAU ball.

That's why they're not interested in Thorpe in my view. He won't come here to fight for the starting PG job, he'll only come here if it's his role right out of the gate. And if that's the case, Howard won't get a chance to redeem himself. He might even transfer. That might be preferable to some, if not most, but then we're down to three guards again.

Fight for the PG job?

It wouldn't be a fight.

Some seem to forgot how bad Howard was last year.

It doesn't seem like we will bring Thorpe in. (I know that's mind boggling) It seems we will either add Ayala or go with the Howards and Battle in the backcourt.
Are we even talking to Thorpe? Something is going on behind scenes

I'm not sure but I think its more of a we aren't interested in Thorpe (or perhaps any grad transfers) and if Ayala stays in 18 then we are comfortable with who we have.

Possibly having only 3 eligible guards :confused:

I feel like JB blames the poor defense on the grad transfers. Not being able to fully grasp our D, or work cohesively within our unit. For that reason I don't think we will see too many more going forward unless they are a perfect fit and truly needed. My opinion.

Sorry should've stated that the regular sessions end on the 28th. I guess he wait until after the peach jam if he really wanted to.
He plays in the UAA so no peach jam however their finals are July 12-15 and they're tied for first at 7-1 so I'd assume they'll make the finals at this rate. So sometime after that point we could hear something potentially.

He plays in the UAA so no peach jam however their finals are July 12-15 and they're tied for first at 7-1 so I'd assume they'll make the finals at this rate. So sometime after that point we could hear something potentially.
Wow, makes me want to think silent verbal...

Yeah it could be but the only thing that keeps coming to my mind when I think that he's a silent is why doesn't he just announce he's committed to Syracuse but not year specific. Like it could be for 2018 then he decides to go 2017.

Yeah it could be but the only thing that keeps coming to my mind when I think that he's a silent is why doesn't he just announce he's committed to Syracuse but not year specific. Like it could be for 2018 then he decides to go 2017.
Because part of the reason he wants to play AAU is to drum up "bigger" offers.

Although his UAA season may end, there are two more evaluation periods in July with the last one ending on July 30th. So if he is looking for other/bigger offers he will likely play that last weekend probably in Vegas or at another live evaluation tournament.

Don't get all the Ayala love. His numbers in AAU are mehhh. I think we can do better. I get everyone being down on Frank, but I'm good with Washington as the second guard. This scholarship can be used better next year.

However, as others have said, we would be one injury, sickness or suspension away from a very troubling situation. And Tyus Battle has been prone to foot injuries. I think it'd be nuts to not add another guard, preferably one who is versatile enough to play either spot effectively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom