Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

Are you suggesting that Syracuse U just did something wrong by moving on from Ayala? The AAU guys know the game. Ayala held Syracuse up and Syracuse had to make a move.

Not at all. I have wanted them to since AAU started and it became obvious what was going on.

I was simply illuding to the fact that Hop had strong ties to a bunch of AAU programs and our other coaches will have start working these programs.

No one has answered my question. Unless the answer is that the WE R1 coach told Ayala to string Syracuse along because he didn't like that Hop left...?

:noidea:
Eric says, are you not entertained? Popcorn
He gets caught in the air and then just throws a goofy pass that somehow makes it to the corner for a guy to shoot a contested three.

How?

We strikeout on our top PG options for '18. He doesn't like his other options for '18. Could be beneficial for both sides despite his feet dragging for the '17 cycle. No?

We strikeout on our top PG options for '18. He doesn't like his other options for '18. Could be beneficial for both sides despite his feet dragging for the '17 cycle. No?
I thought you were talking about for '17

That deserves a highlight?

Believe me, if we still had an open spot for 17 that highlight would have been hailed as Stockton-like. I have observed this about all these twitter higlight people. Did you ever notice how every kid is "blowing up" and "dominant" etc? It is those feeds driving clicks and views. When we have even mild connection with a kid those kind of non-highlights drive our fans batty with indignation that our staff is not working harder to get the kid. It is another reason that people need to calm down significantly about recruiting. But they won't. So long time fans of Syracuse bite on the handlers and the hype men and turn on our staff at the drop of a hat. All because of propaganda basically.

Who do you guys think built and maintained all our good relationships with AAU programs? Do you think they are all happy about how things went down? That is going to play into things with some recruits for a while.

Exactly. Also, a big part of the reason that you've seen a shift in some of SU's recruiting strategy - going outside the NE to recruit Bazley, bringing in a transfer from ECU (no AAU coaches involved), bringing in a kid from overseas... none of these involved working with our normal NE AAU contacts. There has been some damage done that will need repairing.

$$$$$
Another article more than likely with the same info as other sites have provided. Just wait till end of July when he decides then let us know the decision. I think he goes to 2018.

Exactly. Also, a big part of the reason that you've seen a shift in some of SU's recruiting strategy - going outside the NE to recruit Bazley, bringing in a transfer from ECU (no AAU coaches involved), bringing in a kid from overseas... none of these involved working with our normal NE AAU contacts. There has been some damage done that will need repairing.

Not to mention how a few of the kids that have come (Kaleb Joseph, Tyler Roberson as possible examples) have enjoyed their experiences.

The reality is that Ayala emerged as an alternative prospect at PG for us shortly after Quade Green pulled the rug out from underneath us. Francis was all over this back in NOVEMBER [crazy to think it has been that long], reporting that our coaching staff was working hard to convince Ayala to reclassify. It was a creative potential solution to the problem created by going all in on Green last fall.

November was a long time ago, and Ayala has had a lot of time to mull his options over and commit to SU. That he hasn't / hasn't decided to reclassify in the ensuing 7 months speaks volumes about our chances with him.

Wouldn't have a problem with taking him next year if it works out that way, but I'm pleased that the coaching staff moved on and didn't wait. If his handlers are against him coming to SU, then that wouldn't change by the end of July, or whenever he's supposed to make his decision.

The reality is that Ayala emerged as an alternative prospect at PG for us shortly after Quade Green pulled the rug out from underneath us. Francis was all over this back in NOVEMBER [crazy to think it has been that long], reporting that our coaching staff was working hard to convince Ayala to reclassify. It was a creative potential solution to the problem created by going all in on Green last fall.

November was a long time ago, and Ayala has had a lot of time to mull his options over and commit to SU. That he hasn't / hasn't decided to reclassify in the ensuing 7 months speaks volumes about our chances with him.

Wouldn't have a problem with taking him next year if it works out that way, but I'm pleased that the coaching staff moved on and didn't wait. If his handlers are against him coming to SU, then that wouldn't change by the end of July, or whenever he's supposed to make his decision.
I feel the same way. If you are a potential NBA player, or at least think you are a potential
NBA player, why would you put off college another year(especially if your not a one and done type), when you could have a substantial role on a national team and get tons of exposure? Like you said, really speaks of his interest in coming to CUSE.

He played himself and I think he's starting to realize it. Good luck to the kid though.

He played himself and I think he's starting to realize it. Good luck to the kid though.

Hard to say whether he made a mistake or not until next year. If he gets real offers from high visibility programs (Duke, UK, UNC, UCLA, UA, KU) then he possibly made a good call. If he ends up anywhere else then he wasted a year in prep school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom