Class of 2018 - SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Eric Ayala (DE/IMG) to Maryland

You're a brave poster, my friend. You realize the comparisons that will soon be made with our long-vanished "insider" from the Quade era (or error?) At any rate, FWIW, i certainly have much more faith in the source for this information!

Also re: 5th YR's - I don't think people realized how lucky we got this year. Most 5th year guys will have trouble with the zone adjustment, but AW3 had as good of an offensive year as we've seen in a while and Gillon single handily won us a few games, 2 in ACC play. We hit the jackpot with both, had a 1st round pick in Lydon, and another future 1st round/lotto pick in Battle. And we didn't make the tournament.

I'm ok with a 5 year as a final piece to a strong roster. But all they are is temporary solutions that don't deal with the long term problem. We need kids to build around for multiple years. I think Brisset, Moyer, Sidbie and Washington will be a good core going forward. But we need more.
If we don't get Ayala and Tucker, I go hard for the 5th year guys and pound the recruiting for next year. There are guys we should get in 2018. One I mentioned that is higher rated than just about anyone we have got in the last 10 years. if JB could find the time to go see him and offer him.

before we hit the panic button. Which I did. my source tells me that Ayala is blowing smoke to Zags. That we are still getting Ayala. Lips to God's ears. Which I would love after the big boy comment by Zags after Green went to Kentucky.

Jeez and I already dropped 30 dollars on two Manhattans at the airport bar.

If we don't get Ayala and Tucker, I go hard for the 5th year guys and pound the recruiting for next year. There are guys we should get in 2018. One I mentioned that is higher rated than just about anyone we have got in the last 10 years. if JB could find the time to go see him and offer him.
Dash can you please re-mention who this 2018 would be?

Thinking further about this... Zags isn't exactly a reliable source these days. I'm hopeful that is the case in this scenario, too.

I would love him sticking it to Zags as much as getting the kid. Zags and the big boy comment.
What's the specific comment ?
about us not being a big boy?

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is Shittu but I have no idea

Hey we don't need Antwann Jones, we have Howard Washington and Frank Howard running the show, best 1-2 combo we've had in the last 20 years.

I have never said his name. But he is a two guard and he is from ...let's say the south. I would go to espn and look at 2018 recruiting if I were you.
so do you think we have a good shot with him because of the griffin connection or is there other reasons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom