Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet some of the defenders will do the same thing if it's coming from someone outside of this board and unaffiliated with SU. Take the MSU blogger, for example. Or Rothstein. Or someone on Twitter or a recruiting site. They're scrutinized and criticized all the time.

Do I have to project the tournament field before I can criticize Lunardi? Do I need my own radio show to go off on Gottlieb? Come on now, we're New York's college team. Toughen up.

But some of those guys, like Rothstein aremore detached from the situation. Others, like that blogger, are cheerleaders.

As is Trusting without confirming info. Insider Intel is a lot like religion. Faith-based, for people who really want to believe.

And without sources how exactly are you going to "confirm" info on a message board? By badgering insiders kind enough to share what they know? Good plan.

Let's just assume that White to SU is a fait accompli, as orangeman13 and Jake are reporting.

Taking a step back and looking at our roster--we are freaking loaded. Every one on the two deep--all 10 guys--can play. No holes whatsoever this year. Depth, an embarrassment of size, versatility, shooting, passing, shotblocking.

It's going to be a fun year...

I agree, it should be a great year. And assuming we get AW3, we will have as much quality depth as we have had in many years. But I think being realistic there is a significant gap when comparing this team to what we had in the late 80s, as some have suggested. While the depth would likely match, I don't think this team has the superstar quotient some prior teams have had. There is clearly no DC/Billy combo on this squad. We all hope TL can turn into a stud, and the potential is there, but a star on the squad is not clear yet.

That said, I would say we have a very good shot at returning to the F4, based on the fact that it is a different era. No teams are as good as they were two decades ago. Duke may have more NBA talent, but in this day and age, we would have as much experienced and 'old' talent as just about anyone...

But some of those guys, like Rothstein aremore detached from the situation. Others, like that blogger, are cheerleaders.
Not true. He qualifies as a journalist. He interviewed White for crying out loud.

I've got the exact same info today. Unless something really bizarre occurs, we've got our shooter.
999719_o.gif

Look, in light of the recent developments and what now seems like a high degree of certainty that we are about to put a team out on the floor that has the best assemblage of talent, youth, experience in a long, long time... it's time to forget about the differences some of us have had while many of us have been wringing our hands and anxiously awaiting on word of having that final piece... that final missing ingredient for a team that is as qualified as any other in the Nation to vie for a National Title this coming season.

It's time to revel in all that binds us together. All that is Orange. A chance for JB to get that 2nd Natty that he so richly deserves. This is a chance to shake off all the disappointment over the past 10 years and of having had 2 teams that looked like they had what it takes to snatch the title... only to get derailed by injury or eligibility.

All of us who have had our hearts wrapped around the Basketball program have endured quite a bit of hardship and seeing promising players and seasons go down in flames. While Cuse has been more than respectable and has in fact, even against great odds performed really well in spite of the challenges it's had ( read 2 final 4's in the recent past) we have also anguished when AO went down and then the Fab Melo debacle. We've also had to defend the honor of our program and endured an NCAA witch hunt for over a decade and the punitive hand of the amoral NCAA looking to offer up our coach as a sacrificial lamb and stole nearly a hundred wins based on " lack of institutional oversight" What is that nebulous charge supposed to mean anyhow? I don't think that was ever really explained. And the YMCA thing... pullleeese!
We also had to watch the complete and utter character and career assassination of our long standing assistant coach and lifelong Syracuse devotee by several members of the press and for accusations which were never substantiated or backed by substantive evidence and then watching the beatdown that JB was subjected to by certain media members for defending his friend and longtime associate. We've had to hear the garbage about great players like GMAC being "overrated".

So... my friends... it's time to forget about the petty differences we have over the minutiae of who's sources are credible and this thing and the other... We are about to embark on the greatest payback Syracuse could ever offer up to the NCAA... field a team ... quite unexpectedly ... and out of nowhere... that might well wreak havoc on all who come in their path to the Championship Trophy in Phoenix next April 4th. It's time to revel in our "Orangeness" and togetherness. Follow in the selfless example and "Love of Orange" so beautifully demonstrated by Matthew Moyer , an incoming freshman who has helped to assemble this current Juggernaut of a team before he even sets foot on the floor wearing Orange during a game.

This is it... the team we've all been hoping for and waiting for since Carmelo brought us to the promised land in 2003. There's plenty of folks that we can direct our hostility ( in a sportsmanlike fashion of course) rather than bicker with eachother. This is so fantastic... it's wonderful!!! Otto is dancing a jig in the Dome as I type this!!!.

In the words of Rodney King... can't we all just do a bong? ... uh... oh wait... that isn't right is it...I think it's this...
cant we all get along.jpg

And without sources how exactly are you going to "confirm" info on a message board? By badgering insiders kind enough to share what they know? Good plan.

You misunderstood my post. Where, in anything i've ever said, is there a hint of "badgering" anyone?

I'm not criticizing the 'insiders.' To make it clearer: Some guy says "it's 100%, he's coming." A lot of people believe that. Some guy says "my gf works in the office and the staff is preparing for his arrival." One claim has 'support,' one doesn't. Some people are choosing to believe both, and it seems more a matter of 'faith' with the former than the latter. Faith, based on the poster's reputation, perhaps. Doesn't matter. It's all faith, because even the recruit might change his mind after telling the girlfriend to her face that he was 100%.

I read all of these posts. All of them. And, while i feel more confident with certain types of 'assurances,' or 'confirmations,' or whatever you want to call them, i don't trust any of them as 'truth' or fact until they're announced as confirmations. Anything prior to that is just entertainment.

I have my picture individually with every player from 2010-2013. Even Fab. And regular pics like you see with Christmas in my avatar. One of the perks working AD. other than the cool gear I got :)

Let me know if you want me to change my avatar lol

Still feel like I lack credibility around here lol
Just asking for a friend, but do you have pictures of the cheerleaders too?

I'll trust the guys in the know, but, just curious... Isn't AW known for being a little wishy washy/misleading?

Even if JB thought he was coming for sure, I'm not positive that it would happen... Excuse me if this was already brought up, but, I didn't read all 131 pages.

I'll trust the guys in the know, but, just curious... Isn't AW known for being a little wish you washy/misleading?

Even if JB thought he was coming for sure, I'm not positive that it would happen... Excuse me if this was already brought up, but, I didn't read all 131 pages.
Nobody lies to MM.

Look, in light of the recent developments and what now seems like a high degree of certainty that we are about to put a team out on the floor that has the best assemblage of talent, youth, experience in a long, long time... it's time to forget about the differences some of us have had while many of us have been wringing our hands and anxiously awaiting on word of having that final piece... that final missing ingredient for a team that is as qualified as any other in the Nation to vie for a National Title this coming season.

It's time to revel in all that binds us together. All that is Orange. A chance for JB to get that 2nd Natty that he so richly deserves. This is a chance to shake off all the disappointment over the past 10 years and of having had 2 teams that looked like they had what it takes to snatch the title... only to get derailed by injury or eligibility.

All of us who have had our hearts wrapped around the Basketball program have endured quite a bit of hardship and seeing promising players and seasons go down in flames. While Cuse has been more than respectable and has in fact, even against great odds performed really well in spite of the challenges it's had ( read 2 final 4's in the recent past) we have also anguished when AO went down and then the Fab Melo debacle. We've also had to defend the honor of our program and endured an NCAA witch hunt for over a decade and the punitive hand of the amoral NCAA looking to offer up our coach as a sacrificial lamb and stole nearly a hundred wins based on " lack of institutional oversight" What is that nebulous charge supposed to mean anyhow? I don't think that was ever really explained. And the YMCA thing... pullleeese!
We also had to watch the complete and utter character and career assassination of our long standing assistant coach and lifelong Syracuse devotee by several members of the press and for accusations which were never substantiated or backed by substantive evidence and then watching the beatdown that JB was subjected to by certain media members for defending his friend and longtime associate. We've had to hear the garbage about great players like GMAC being "overrated".

So... my friends... it's time to forget about the petty differences we have over the minutiae of who's sources are credible and this thing and the other... We are about to embark on the greatest payback Syracuse could ever offer up to the NCAA... field a team ... quite unexpectedly ... and out of nowhere... that might well wreak havoc on all who come in their path to the Championship Trophy in Phoenix next April 4th. It's time to revel in our "Orangeness" and togetherness. Follow in the selfless example and "Love of Orange" so beautifully demonstrated by Matthew Moyer , an incoming freshman who has helped to assemble this current Juggernaut of a team before he even sets foot on the floor wearing Orange during a game.

This is it... the team we've all been hoping for and waiting for since Carmelo brought us to the promised land in 2003. There's plenty of folks that we can direct our hostility ( in a sportsmanlike fashion of course) rather than bicker with eachother. This is so fantastic... it's wonderful!!! Otto is dancing a jig in the Dome as I type this!!!.

In the words of Rodney King... can't we all just do a bong? ... uh... oh wait... that isn't right is it...I think it's this...View attachment 70008

With a Jerry McGuire post like this the moderators may ban you for 2 weeks for posting too many words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom